Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bewildered ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 03:28PM

From American Fork, Paul Swenson a little fishy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 03:29PM

I'm not familiar with it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 03:37PM

If the picture his wife posted is any indication...they're not mormons :)

Date: August 02, 2017 04:33PM

I don't know what religious status the couple is, but their families are definitely Mormons.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 04:40PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 05:31PM

Yeah, I know some :)

The photo the wife posted (of her & hubby & baby) had her in a low-cut spaghetti-strap dress. Bare shoulders & no garmies. Hence my comment.

Date: August 02, 2017 03:41PM

It's a local story here in Utah, but it's made national news. Just find the details of the story a bit strange. For example his car was found abandoned at a school. There were items in the car that they claim were not his... Like a bag and a bottle of alcohol. I just wondered how they know for certain it wasn't his stuff? And they are being very vague about the details of his medical condition. I would think the more honest they were about that, the better chances of finding him would be.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 07:58PM

Today, I heard on the news that some of his friends have heard from him and that he talks gibberish. They think he is someplace locally and has had a total mental breakdown. Maybe he had a stash of cash that he took with him because none of his credit cards have been used, apparently.

Yes, this is a very strange case.

Date: August 03, 2017 08:59AM

The family set up a Facebook page to help find him. According to some posts I've read on other sites, it seems that anytime anyone asks or mentions anything they don't like... Like perhaps he might have a drug, alcohol or gambling problem they delete the post immediately. A person also mentioned she offered to hand out flyers in an area that there may have been a sighting of him, but never got a reply back. She also said that they directed searchers to a sketchy part of town because of some information they received from a psychic. It seems that they might be in denial of the possibility that he may have gone down a different path.

Posted by: just sayin ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 09:35AM

His cell phone being turned off since his disappearance would not seem to be happenstance. That most likely requires thought in its timing and action.

A mentally impaired person would not think of it.

Experienced criminals, and people in hiding, think of it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.