Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:48AM

LDS "top" heaven involves having tons and tons of spirit babies (and apparently an actual baby if you want to save everyone's souls).

Being a creative person and the mother of two babies myself, I can't imagine a worse hell than having countless spawn. I love my little critters but I've had a very difficult time adjusting to motherhood. It's been four years and I still don't enjoy it much.

What would your personal hell be? Or are you living it now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:51AM

I'm thinking a large conference center with a walnut pulpit, where old Stan addresses his minions every six months.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:52AM

Endlessly refereeing middle school girls basketball

Gatorman
38 years officiating

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:55AM

The Mormon Tabernacle.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:59AM

Disneyland crowds where parents are constantly running into your heels with strollers!

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:05AM

Standing in line at the New York DMV.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:07AM

The bigoted, mysogynistic, homophobic, judgmental, man hating*, Jello with Cool Whip laden, BORING. Celestial Kingdom.

HELL is anywhere where you have no choices, opportunities, and are expected to conform. And valkuriequeen's Disneyland is a close second.

*Yes "man hating." The priesthood concept is a shackle; control device.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:04PM

If you know your history. I don't find that an odd observation at all.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:25AM

In my personal hell I would be forever changing endless toilet wax rings.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:46AM

Ha! I've been in this hell! Most of the time it works on the first go. But once it took no less than four tries. To make matters worse, it was an upstairs bathroom, and yup, I had to replace the drywall in the ceiling by the time I got the seal to work.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:39AM

My personal hell WOULD look like the LDS mythology of the top rung of their Celestial kingdom.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:59AM

I think AHS: Coven's and Preacher's versions of hell are a fairly good representation of what hell could be if it existed.

Warning: Violently graphic and imagine having to relive this over and over and over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zFrPXmbhT8

Not as quite bad as above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj9mvp9W3b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMMIudAEh8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 12:16PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:03PM

The three hour block, which often seemed as if it would never end, in Hell it never does end.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:07PM

Being stuck with my family for all eternity.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:27PM

Teaching a class of little hellions with no end in sight (which was my situation last year, but at least there was an end to it.)

Also, the CK. Endlessly making spirit babies? What man came up with that idea? The TBMs can have their little corner of heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 12:28PM by summer.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:41PM

Ricks College, January 1967

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 12:53PM

Being an 80 year old man running the mormon church.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 05:20PM

Being forced to read the 4 scriptures outdoors in the Arizona desert just before the monsoons hit.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 05:22PM

A construction site or a slaughterhouse.

Anywhere that I was at at the mercy (trapped with/around) of my siblings/parents.

Also, anywhere forest was being cleared.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 05:46PM

Being called to serve my two year mission all over again. That would be a personal hell for me. It took 30+ years to stop having nightmares about it.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 07:43PM

Being stuck in a backwards foriegn country and unable to get home. Oh wait a minute. That was my mission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 07:44PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 08:00PM

Sacrament meeting where the clock is always 5 minutes away from
the finish time but never gets there.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 08:02PM

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:09PM

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:41PM

Pretty much Utah in the winter. Snow and too many mormons

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:13PM

Mormon dances, I became mormon when I was 21, so I knew what a "Real Party" is about, so I found them so boring and the theory of he wants to dance with me (then he will marry me) was pretty unattractive as well

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:00PM

That you never returned to serve the last 6 months of your mission after you went home to recover. You are now called to return to your mission and serve for those 6 months for the rest of your life. Please remember to only where blue Swedish knit suits from Mr Mac and follow the dear mission president's wife addendum to the the white handbook to the letter.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 12:45AM

The inside of a Social Security office, under the management of a particularly nasty person. Stacks of pending files and no time to get at them. If I try to close up a file, I get interrupted with yet another incoming one.

I've been retired for just over 15 years now. It will take another 15 to reclaim the part of my life that job drained from me. At least, it pays a decent pension. But I'm not sure that the nightmares will ever go away.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:08AM

The Celestial Kingdom plan of salvation that was awaiting me as a single divorced Mormon mother: married to a thug who beat me almost every day, and who beat his subsequent 2 other temple wives and beat his children. (I was never allowed a temple divorce, never allowed to marry my second Mormon husband, the father of my children.

Well, maybe worse than that would be to have my dear children being owned by that monster, as his possessions, for eternity--oh wait, that was also part of the temple marriage rules.

This Hell was waiting for me--at best--if I continued to be righteous, serve the cult, and pay the money. Otherwise, I would be cast into outer darkness, and my children and I would never see each other again. Either eternal separation, or eternal bondage to a violent creep.

Hell was whenever I would think about this, believing it.

You can imagine how relieved I was to find out it was all made-up BS!

It would be Hell to wake up in my childhood bed, with my bully brother breaking down the door to beat me, while our TBM parents were away at some church activity or other. No one was ever there to save me. No one was ever there to save me from my temple husband, either. I was small and weak and helpless, alone in the dark.

Oh yeah! Never went on a mission, but my junior year at BYU was soul-sucking and depressing.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:19PM

Being 16 again and having to eternally live under my parents' roof. Being a missionary again would finish in a very close second place. Both experiences were awful and had long lasting consequences on my life.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:43PM

The clock stops in F&T meeting. A clown car pulls up, and testimony bearers pile out endlessly.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:56PM

Being stuck with my abusive TBM ex-husband for eternity having "spirit babies" as part of his harem. Basically, the Mormon idea of the CK is my personal hell. Fortunately, I realized it was made up, and that we only had a secular, civil marriage so once the divorce was final, I was free from him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 11:58PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 07:37AM

Stuck in the cult for eternity.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 10:48PM

Having to sit at my moms kitchen table and eat serving after serving of the crappy jello dishes she made. She mixed all sorts of crap together. The most putrid was a green (lime) jello with sauerkraut, shredded carrots, and shrimp. I just vomited a little in my mouth!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:36PM

That nasty brown whiskery wall paper that feels like embedded fish hooks down every hall.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.