Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 10:24PM

Tomorrow there will be a night of movies in my ward and I was invited, so I thought great I could go there and ask to speak with the bishop to tell him: hey man I know the church is a fraud (because of this, that, these, those and more) and then watch some movies and eat some cannelloni for free.
But today my mum, who was also a TBM (I was the dumb boy who baptized her) said to me "that's an awful idea, you will be on your own with people who only want you there because they want you back in the cult, you will have a very bad moment, don't go".

Any suggestion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 10:26PM

Listen to your mum.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 11:07PM

Right on, Summer!

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 11:15PM

Absolutely don't go. For a plate cannellonni? I don't think so.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 12:19AM

Is there a third option?

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 12:44AM

Listen to your mother. Fix yourself a box of Kraft mac and cheese. You'll be much more content at the end of the day.

Date: August 18, 2017 12:58AM

Mum 5-0 Lucas

So, I guess tomorrow night I would eat pizza, drink some beer and watch Trainspotting

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 09:19AM

watch the sequel, too - it's not crap and quite funny in places.

Date: August 18, 2017 09:42AM

I liked the sequel too, I went to the cinema to watch it, that movie was the only "R rated movie" I had watched as a mormon, it was like my last sin (I watched it a week before leaving the cult).
I definetely don't regret it.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 01:09AM

I disagree.

Take your Mom out to dinner, and thank her for her good advice. Tell her that she has friends that she doesn't even know she has!

Enjoy!

After I left Mormonism, and was shunned by my former fake-friends, I made a promise to myself: to hang out only with people who like me. Being with hateful, judgmental people can damage your self-esteem, and and ruin a perfectly good Saturday night.

Posted by: kendricklamar ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 09:41PM

^
|
|
|
Perfect

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 01:44AM

I feel its a very bad idea to even play or entertain in that world but thats just my opinion. You are outnumbered and surrounded by highly programmed people.

Posted by: xxxMMMooo ( )
Date: August 18, 2017 08:51PM

Go and eat up all the cannelloni and make lewd jokes during the movie, generally be a pest and ask uncomfortable questions about church history and so forth. You'll have a good time and they'll never bother you again. Win-win. Did I mention eat all the cannelloni?

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 19, 2017 10:19PM

Tell the bishop some crap like that and you won't be watching any movies or eating. You will be in his office the entire evening with mormon speak why you are wrong.
Contention is of the devil. Don't waste your time being around folks who do not want to hear your ex-mo drivel.
Enjoy the evening with your mom. You'll miss her when she's gone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.