Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truthbetold ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 02:29PM

Scientists know their game. I find it very ironic that TBMs all over (especially ones from UT that fought traffic going up to ID to get a total view of the eclipse) get all giddy about this event. They believe these scientists that bring this information to us so we can know exactly when and where the total eclipse will occur. But when scientists say things that contradict TSCC, then the so-called intellectuals are wrong and don't know what they're talking about. That is all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 02:48PM

"Signs in the Heavens". by golly!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 03:29PM

"We" (meaning we humans) have known for well over 300 years the *exact* second at any location on earth this eclipse would occur. Because once you understand fairly simple geometry, and know the orbits of the earth and moon, it's pretty darn easy to calculate. It's less than freshman high-school geometry/trig.

Yet just this morning I heard dozens of people calling it a "miracle", calling it "god's judgment on America," being "amazed" that we knew it was coming, etc.

Funniest thing was, a lot of the news coverage this morning showed clips from the 1979 eclipse, which ended with the announcer saying, "...the next eclipse for the US won't be until Aug. 21 2017..." I guess the people above weren't paying attention. :)

Yes, it's an awe-inspiring event. Great fun to observe. But just geometry. Not magical or miraculous or god's anything. :)

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 07:52PM

Chile and Argentina 2019 is next.

Dayum. Flying to Buenos Aires is $1500.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:11PM

I see a roundtrip to Santiago for $657...:)

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:12PM

Montreal 2024?

Posted by: guy2 ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 07:59PM

The world is ending. It is a sign of the end of times. Read you BoM repeneent. The end is coming, that is why we had an eclipse. (sorry i drank a bottle of wine and I am new to drinking). Tipsy, not drunk. Just happy.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 22, 2017 08:05PM

All right, wankers, let's be clear on this--that wasn't any old star, it was Kolob. And, if you looked closely, you could see Heavenly Mother's diamond. Joseph's Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.