Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Captive Jack ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 12:01AM

I was mowing the lawn this morning, clearly busy, and the mishies walk into my yard and start talking to me.
They of course introduced themselves and asked if I knew anything about the area. I told them that I had not kept up with the ward area for years. They asked why I stopped attending. I felt bad because they were there just doing what they had been brainwashed to do since they were born, so I just said that it was a lot of things. They asked if they could come back and discuss some of my concerns.
At that point, I unloaded a little. I told them that I went on a mission to a poor country and told people that they needed to give part of their money to help build the kingdom, and then a few years later, the church builds a mall. I said that there is nothing that they could say that would get me back in church, or to give it another dime. I told them that if they wanted to come by and chill or play a game, they were welcome, but no discussion of church.
They told me to have a nice day and walked off.
The poor kids probably walked away telling themselves that even the elite would be lead astray in the latter days.
I actually do hope that they come back sometime and not catch me while I am busy. That way they can see that I am actually not the bitter exmormon, but a guy who is just trying to live his life and do the things he needs to get done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 08:30AM

Playing a part to show you're not bitter isn't going to help anyone find their own personal truth or get to the bottom of mormon doctrine or history.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 12:22PM

It's not going to protect your children (or future children) from their aggressive, dishonest recruiting tactics.

Don't ever feel bad for for the Missionaries. Feel bad for their victims.

I love what you said to them!

Posted by: run0emma0run ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 03:20PM

good point. I also feel sorry for the Mishies, but you're right, we should feel sorry for their victims.

Of course in any religion, the 1st victims are the believers themselves. (not counting the leadership, of course, who often have additional evidence showing that what they're promoting is wrong).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.