Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 02:01AM

Oh fuck, not again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 03:19AM

Recommend product "Uriflow" (on Amazon). Depends on what composite, but when all else failed, a new urologist recommended sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) which alkalinizes the urine and dissolves/passes stones. Dr. prescribed tablets, but they the same as the powder. Info on line, but I underline: this was prescribed to me by a UCLA urologist and it worked.

http://diyremedies.org/baking-soda-for-kidney-stones/

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 05:43AM

Oh, poor Boner! I feel for you. Talk about misery! I was pushed to drink more and more cranberry juice to try and flush it out... It didn't work and I had to have surgery. To this day I hate cranberry juice.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 08:37AM

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 10:59AM

That will definitely hurt the boner so i have been told.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 03:36PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard. I'll probably drink a tsp of baking soda. This one isn't as bad as the one last year (3mm). But, ouch! The throbbing in my side hurts like hell, then subsides.

Badass, I'm reciting my favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon--"And IT came to pass"

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 04:58PM

Haha nice hopefully it passes quickly and easily you are in my thoughts/prayers? Haha Bad to the boner

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 09:22AM

I feel the hurt from afar bro....my 7mm x 4mm jagged boulder wasn't much fun either.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 05:11PM

Oh, Yikes! :(
Get well!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 05:36PM

Hell knows no fury like a kidney stone. As a long time sufferer (five lipos, two removed, numerous passed) is send my sympathy. Mine mysteriously (fingers crossed) ended when I moved to Idaho 12 years ago. Perhaps there is something in Utah water.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 07:57PM

The most pain I've ever experienced came from two different incidences years apart, both were from kidney stones. I was told by a doctor that short of giving child birth, kidney stones can cause the worst pain that most people will ever experience (especially for the men). The second time, I had my only-ever ride in an ambulance. The pain was so great that I figured it couldn't be kidney stones again. I thought I was going to die and had an ambulance called because I believed that I was within only a few minutes of going unconcious in a public place as I laid on my back, hyper-ventillating short and extremely painful breaths.

At the hospital, they gave me some kind of a shot designed to reduce the swelling of the kidneys. Twenty minutes later, I was walking around with only trace signs of pain if I moved the wrong way. I can't remember the name of that drug but it was like a miracle. Ask the doctors if they have anything like that. They did tell me that it only works on kidney stone pain and reduces swelling of the kidneys when I asked what they gave me for the pain. If you start passing orange or red urine (mixed with blood), you've probably already passed the stone. They sent me home with a prescription for a three day supply of heavy narcotics and I went to work the next day without ever taking the other two pills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 08:07PM by azsteve.

Posted by: LucyLurker ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 11:28PM

Long time lurker ... but wanted to contribute. I was diagnosed with stones in 2013. The doc prescribed medication that required me to give blood every 2 weeks to make sure it wasn't destroying my liver. That freaked me out, so I did some research and stumbled across magnesium as a remedy. Since then, I take the Natural Calm Magnesium every night. I've never passed a stone and the aches I used to get are non-existent. Full disclosure--I haven't been back to the doc to verify if I still have stones or even more in there than last time, but as I said, I don't feel the aches like I used to either .. so I have high hopes that the magnesium is helping. Just sharing in case you want to give it a try...

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:01AM

Naw - I know it sucks. I'm sorry, Boner. Get well, soon.

Posted by: wokie ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:36AM

Get well soon Boner

My old man had Kidney stones years ago and no machines to shatter them and only sergury to remove them

I'm just glad I have kidney failure and not stones as the pains unbearable

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:38AM

Stick it out, bro. Not in public, it's a registered lethal weapon.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 09:51AM

Mary Baker Eddy, who "rediscovered primitive Christianity and its lots element of healing" (Christian Science) suffered from kidney stones. She woke up in great pain at night, claiming that her religious enemies were metaphysically attacking her by something she called "malicious malpractice." Her house staff would then give her morphine so she could go back to sleep. Eddy, the master healer!!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 10:34AM

Martin Luther was also a great sufferer of kidney stones, once supposedly passing something like six in one night during a journey. The "doctors" back then used something like a copper tube to go up into the bladder to help them pass. One can only guess how painful that was.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 10:32AM

Yeah, me, too. I've had like eight or more now. One distended the ureter on the right side, and I had to have it "retrieved." But I no longer even feel them if on the right. Sometimes, the first indication is during urination, when there is a *plink!* as a stone flies against the porcelain. The down side is that the ureter remains damaged for life.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 10:33AM

Bet you don't have a boner today! 'Rock of ages, cleft for me...' Had one while at WhyBU in the 70's. Student health center. I'd rather try to pull my top lip over my head instead. As my Mom is famous for saying, 'this too, shall pass.'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.