Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 08:42PM

Notice how the educated and rational folks never blame christian evangelicals for hurricanes or terror attacks?

How about that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iwenttothewoods ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 10:08PM

The irony is that evangelicals totally could be blamed for Harvey and Irma, in part. I would surmise that the majority of evangelical Christians refuse to believe in climate science and vote for candidates who perpetuate climate "skepticism", thus becoming the reason that the general public has no plan to combat climate change. Severe weather events such as Harvey and Irma are direct results of worsening climate.

Forget the gays, blame the asshats who don't value science.

Posted by: GetReal ( )
Date: September 16, 2017 12:26AM

iwenttothewoods Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The irony is that evangelicals totally could be
> blamed for Harvey and Irma, in part. I would
> surmise that the majority of evangelical
> Christians refuse to believe in climate science
> and vote for candidates who perpetuate climate
> "skepticism", thus becoming the reason that the
> general public has no plan to combat climate
> change. Severe weather events such as Harvey and
> Irma are direct results of worsening climate.
>
> Forget the gays, blame the asshats who don't value
> science.

While it is true the fundy types are totally insane to blame the natural disasters on the LGBTQ types, it is only slightly less retarded to blame them for the same. The climate change narrative on this hurricane cycle is simply bullshit. Get a life and get a clue.

Posted by: iwenttothewoods ( )
Date: September 16, 2017 10:22AM

Damn, looks like I ruffled some climate skeptic's feathers. Talk to me in twenty years when the frequency and severity of storms like Harvey and Irma will have undoubtedly increased thanks to complete inaction on part of the scientifically illiterate public and their populist politicians.
Here is some informed science for you:
https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/

Posted by: Just the facts, mam ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 01:33PM

Please provide scientific evidence, that is, a falsifiable finding resulting from a longitudinal, double blind study, that there is any correlation between the severe storms of 2016 and the phenomenon you call "global warming." Perhaps you can provide as well a normative definition of "global warming," as well as scientific evidence that this phenomenon, if it does indeed exist, is the result of human activity.

Note that I am asking for scientific evidence. I am not the least bit impressed by histrionics and cliches like "climate change denier" offered in lieu of facts. You should not be either.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 02:01PM

Clearly you have no scientific understanding. How does one do a double-blind study for a dynamic set of multiple variables? Perhaps you would like them to dummy code the data set as well?

Sit down and read a few books.

HH =)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 02:02PM

+1. Chuckling here.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 02:22PM

A guy reads one issue of Popular Mechanics and thinks he's a climate scientist.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 12:00AM

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 08:33AM

John Bonham was a pretty good drummer, he may know a thing or two about climate change and sexual identity...

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 12:38AM

#+ adifinium. it's my fault.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 08:57AM

So they blame gay people when hurricanes hit very red states with large Evangelical Christian populations. That makes perfect sense.

Date: September 18, 2017 01:37PM

Atari Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So they blame gay people...

You could have stopped right there, sadly :(

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 02:00PM

That's what I was thinking. If gay people are to blame why didn't the hurricane hit San Francisco, West Hollywood, Palm Springs and Fire Island instead? Seems God needs a new map, and a compass, and perhaps a little more target practice, because if what the Benham Bros. say is true, then the people hurt by the hurricane are victims of "friendly fire" from their own God.

Date: September 18, 2017 02:25PM

I've actually had an evangelical tell me that those "friendly fire victims" were being punished for allowing gays to exist in their midst.

I know. Ugh.

Date: September 18, 2017 02:27PM

The ignorance is mind-boggling

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 03:00PM

It's the secret gay agenda doncha know!

If you were paying attention the gays know how to make god good and angry! So they buy up all the stock in companies that make plywood, glass, drywall you know new home construction stuff.

Then they get together and gay it up real good and walla!

Gods gets pissed, kicks everybody's asses and it's a financial windfall for the gay agenda! Then they turn around and do it again.

Damn gays. Screwing with disease and the weather since the beginning of time. They need to leave god alone!

/s

Date: September 18, 2017 03:30PM

I am gay and I did not know I had the power to control the weather. I am the male Storm from X-Men!!

Since God obviously has horrible aim as evidenced by hurricanes hitting red states, if I stand a few miles from the Benham Bros, maybe lightning will hit them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 03:33PM by Atari.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 01:51AM

One is male, one is female, and both are married to their partners. Their congregations are well aware of this and don't care.

They are both marvelous examples of "ministering" to people. Caring, sharing, outgoing, community-minded. I love both of them. If I were still into religion, theirs would be the one I would attend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.