Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 19, 2017 11:53PM

That saw what i wrote on a thread i was very very mad and triggered. Maybe i need to take a long break from the board for a while and figure things out on my own. That type of anger needs to be reserved for ptsd counselors only because it is an ugly part of me i dont like to admit. There is good and bad within all of us. Even jesus got pissed as hell in the bible so yea there is that not saying i am him or anything. But there definitely is a badass side separate from the adam side for sure. But goodnight i am going to sleep good tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 12:05AM

Your posts have been fine as far as I can see, Badass. No worries. I get very angry sometimes as well. I understand.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 12:11AM

I think I will always have anger issues.

I was a pretty pissed of person w/r/t religion, my family, what seemed like a wasted life. I went off on people for perceived slights.

I think I've learned some patience. This board is a good place to work it out, and Admin will let you know when you're violating the board rules. I've archived some of the "Cut it out!" emails I've received. (No I haven't.)

If being here is hurting *you*, okay. A break might be good because it's hurting you.

Do you do grounding exercises?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 12:12AM

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 01:08AM

I"m in Europe so the time difference makes it that I reply late very often en sometimes miss lots of goings on simply because it it night time for me when it is day or evening time for you.

Sweet Badassadam, when you wake up and read this, will you please do me one teensy tiny favor today?

Just for today, will you be a little bit kinder to yourself?
Look in the mirror and tell yourself out loud: "It's okay, you are doing the best you can, and that's pretty damned good!"

We all lose our shit from time to time, especially during the hard bits.
And not everybody who reads and posts on this board is kind natured.

Life is tough for you right now. Go easy on you.

Okay?
Just for today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 11:17AM by Becca.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 04:10AM

good post - take the advice

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 04:16AM

Adam, you have nothing to worry about. Getting angry is fine; that's one of the things that this place is for. Apologies are great, too, but few of us would feel that you owe the board one.

You are a welcome and valuable addition to the community.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 07:52AM

It's important to get anger out instead of holding it in. Can you find other ways to do it? Hit a pillow, scream at old shoes, do your favorite exercise or just go for long walks and listen to calm music. Write down 10 things you like about yourself and the world daily. Practice daily affirmations. You must identify and stay away from triggers. When you get your anger out in healthy ways, that leaves open the door to fill your life with good and build a new identity. Going through an identity crisis is something we all go through whether or not the driving force behind the crisis is the cult. Major lossess of all kinds trigger that crisis. You are a wonderful young man and have great potential. Discover that about yourself and let that become your soft place to fall.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 09:04AM

adam, the only people I have a problem with are the ones that get angry and then deny getting angry, or deny having good reasons to get angry.
Those are the ones you have to watch out for.
Ones like you, who get angry then realize it's not very healthy, and own up to it...it's all good :)

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 12:16PM

I think i have to get angry if i am truly going to get better but in the real world as well. I have been suppressing my emotions for a long time and i cant repress them anymore and expect to get better.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 02:55PM

Barbara Streisand: "Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Ryan O'Neal: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

from "What's Up, Doc?"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 03:25PM

As ghawd is my witness, I sat through "What's Up, Doc?" twice at the theater, I loved it so much.

Of course the source of the humor in the above cited exchange depended on being aware of Ryan O'Neal's role in "Love Story", and his telling his upper class dad that, "Love means never having to say you're sorry" when his dad tells Ryan that he's sorry Ryan's lower class wife has just died.

Really silly movie! Not "Love Story"; "What's up, Doc?"

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 10:23PM

I loved the movie, too. Thought it was hilarious. And know what? I ALWAYS thought that Streisand was good-looking. I don't trust people who criticise her looks.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 10:25PM

I’ve got a collection of igneous rocks, too!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 20, 2017 03:13PM

No apology needed. We all have anger issues as exmormons.

It helps to talk about what you are angry about so you can

vent and get it out. Thats how we heal. You have a good

reason to be angry Badassadam... we all do. We were lied to

and cheated and felt bad about ourselves just becasue of

our church membership. Stay and say whatever you need to say,

its all good. That's the reason this forum is called

Recovery from Mormonism... we come here to recover and if we

keep anger or sadness in without expressing it, it stays in.

Please don't leave. Stay and share your feelings.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 21, 2017 10:56PM

Adam, I’ve created a separate post. I love you, man! Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.