Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beeblequix ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 12:41PM

So the Book of Ether isn't very consistent. It's actually nonsensical and stupid. One example is that in Ether 1:33 that god confounded the language of the people. Supposedly that would prevent their Middle Eastern construction project from continuing. Somehow in Ether 1:34 Mohonri Moriancumer, you know, of the Babylonian Moriancumers, managed to talk to his brother AFTER everyone's language was confounded, including both of theirs. So how did that conversation even take place? You have Mohonri over there grunting out some strange noises that his brother couldn't understand. It doesn't say anywhere that the power of god allowed them to communicate. As far as I can tell each of them should have been speaking two incompatible languages and the request would have fallen on deaf ears. I feel stupid that I didn't pick up on this before I wasted my time with the stupid LDS cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 01:12PM

Perhaps Morrie and his brother were adept at Charades? Maybe the Moriancumers played them at FHE.

Your examination of Ether makes a lot of sense, but of course you must be wrong and "it will all be explained in the afterlife. " Hahaha and ha.

You shouldn't feel stupid. Even when I proof my posts before hitting the button I always find something I missed after it's too late. We all found out we were just human and can all be duped for a while. Just not forever. Well us RFMer's anyway.

You could have been a TBM who read Ether, saw the problem, and decided to doubt your doubts. You weren't that. I wish my family wasn't that.

I feel stupid for believing God changed staffs into snakes. If that isn't a big red flag I don't know what is.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 24, 2017 01:20PM

Ether 1:34 - 37 has the brother of Jared pray the the brothers, familes and friends not have their language confounded.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.