Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 03:50AM

My TBM aunt is throwing a little party for me, because I am moving into an apartment soon! So it's really sweet of her, but it's a whole bunch of other TBM moms, and she came over and asked me who I would like to be at the party.

I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but she told me that it was my party and she wouldn't care. I pretty much just told her that I'm fine with whoever shows up, because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, especially since she's throwing the party for me.

But at the end of that conversation, she said "the thing about all those women is that "they all love you." I just wonder, do they really, "all love me" I almost want to laugh at that comment, but when someone tells you that a whole bunch of Mormon women that you know "all love you" is that like a true statement?

Lol and how do you take it, if so?? Haha, it's gonna be an interesting party, and I am happy that she's throwing it for me, and please don't get me wrong, but again, I don't totally believe the "they all love you part" lol any advice would be helpful and perspectives on this stuff! ~Thanks! <3 :)~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2017 03:56AM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 05:45AM

Maybe she's trying to "woo" you back by love bombing you with all the creative forces of the Relief Society.

That's been her support group for who knows how long.

She is projecting to say that all of them love you however. She can't possibly know that.

She loves you. I doubt it's humanly possible for all of the others who most of them barely know you, do.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 08:52AM

If by "love" she means "they all support you unconditionally, no matter what you believe or don't, and want the best for you whatever that is," then it's all good.

If by "love" she means "they all will be your friends and help you if you believe in mormonism, but will ditch you as a child of satan if you don't," then not so good.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that a very few are in the first group, most are in the second.

Enjoy the party.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 08:58AM

Can you also have her invite some of your real friends to the party? Or would they scandalize by showing some shoulders? At least you would not be outnumbered then.

Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 01:52PM

Jersey Girl, I forgot to meantion that there will be a few exmormons there that I know LOVE me for a FACT, but the thing is the Exmo's are the ones that usually leave the party early. So I do wonder why they go in the first place. Hopefully it won't be too boring of a party, sorry if that sounds really negative, but, Mormon parties are always just plain boring. ): The treats and the food are usually what make them decently okay.i know that this is a party for me, so I probably shouldn't be complaining.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 10:09AM

Years ago I used to hear this a lot from a lot of people. "I'm a people person. I just love everybody."

It seemed that they were just trying to show what a big person they were rather than actually getting to know people and connect. Who wants to be loved by a stranger or an aquaintance? What is that? How could they even love you if they don't know you? Seems very superficial and self-aggrandizing.

Yeah. The " . . . they all love you" part is very hard to swallow. Just get to know them at the party. Try to find out who they are under the Mormon facade. Some of them might be dying to show their real selves.

You can like a lot of people, but I like to be loved by people who are very selective in who they love. Then it means something.

Have a great party and congratulations on your new apartment.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 10:47AM

During a stake conference, one of the counselors in the stake presidency got up to speak and started by saying that he and the presidency loved everyone there. REALLY?! Afterwards, when people were talking and mingling, the speaker started to chit chat with me and DH. "And what are your names"? "Oh, are you new to the stake"? "Nope"-"what was that again about knowing who we are and loving us?"

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 11:30AM

Mormon love is fairy tale love remember that. It is not real, i have seen the dark side when that love is challenged.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 11:59AM

Maybe she meant those women all "judge" you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.