Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stupidsheep ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:17PM

President Pasternoster is an SP, who just happens to have his own blog; where he blogs about him being an SP, and all the things included. I found his blog by reading random topics on this site, and continued reading. I cannot believe his stance on well everything. Most of his posts seem over LDS to the point that he almost seems like a troll. The worst part is people are sucking it all in, like his blog is the blog of god. Am I the only one that is bugged by this man?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karin ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:19PM

read it as a satire.

Posted by: Anon1234 ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:19PM

He is the Steven Colbert of the Mormon World

Posted by: zarahemwhat ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:12PM

+1

and in study after depressing study, some people still think Colbert is really a right winger... hah! :)

Posted by: stupidsheep ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:26PM

So it really is a joke? I feel like an idiot for not knowing, but I do live in Provo and I have seen people completely like this.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:29PM

And how sad is it that Mormondom is so over the top that his spoof is indetecable from the real thing? :)

Posted by: Futhark ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:57PM

Date: May 26, 2011 10:58PM

Troll is a term I know but Poe clearly means something else...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 10:58PM by Rebeckah.

Posted by: Futhark ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 10:45AM

From http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

Poe's Law is an axiom suggesting that it's difficult to distinguish between parodies of religious fundamentalism (or, more generally, parodies of any crackpot or extremist belief) and genuine proponents of religious fundamentalism, since they both seem equally insane. Conversely, real fundamentalism can easily be mistaken for a parody of fundamentalism. For example, some conservatives consider noted homophobe Fred Phelps to be so over-the-top that they argue he's a "deep cover liberal" trying to discredit more mainstream homophobes.

Date: May 27, 2011 11:09AM

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:56PM

Would a real TBM have the last name of a Catholic prayer?

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:08AM

Someone commented on there that they thought his blog was real at first. He said "my blog is real. If it did not exist you wouldn't be able to read it."

It's super funny.

Posted by: apples ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:26AM

A portion of his face book comments. The satire is a bit more obvious here..... and funny

Jefferson Fairbanks asks

Dear President, I've been reading your blogs with great interest, and I've found another that helped me greatly. My wife and I are not sealed yet, and we have an 18 month old son. I've recently learned from your blog that he was actually born in the covenant of her previous marriage. Thank goodness my wife is still sealed to her ex-husband, since that allows my son to be sealed to a priesthood holder who is not his father and that he will never know during his lifetime.
May 15 at 6:02pm · Like · Comment

LDS (Mormon) Stake President,
Yes it is very fortunate that your son is sealed. It would take much paperwork and First Presidency approval to change this sealing to you which may never happen. Perhaps your son should get to know his 'real' (spiritual, so to speak) father in this life that he will not be surprised in the next.

Jefferson Fairbanks,
That will be a challenge since my wife has not yet learned to forgive her ex for all the girlfriends he had while she was married to him. Perhaps I can be the tool in the hands of the Lord to bring both my son and my wife closer to this man, since they are both sealed to him. Thank you for this wise counsel.

LDS (Mormon) Stake President,
Any time Brother Fairbanks. Please remind your wife also that according to D&C 64:9 she that forgiveth not her brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in her the greater sin.

Posted by: apples ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:33AM

Another face book comment... LMAO ... when you see his FB picture it adds to the humor.

Jase Andrew Eskildsen
Did you get a new haircut, president? It looks good
April 30 at 10:29am via iPhone · Like · Comment

LDS (Mormon) Stake President Thank you. I just wish I could stop looking in the mirror.
May 2 at 2:08pm

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:16AM

Posted by: musicangelgirl ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:31AM

I honestly fell for it but I didnt know either that his last name was a catholic prayer I read the comments and figured out that he was just satire.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 01:57AM

I've been out about thirty years, but Paternoster has me ready to repent and rejoin, he is the first stake president that I have ever loved.

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:08AM

+1

He's a riot! I love Sister Pasternoster too!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 02:03AM

Pater Noster is the Latin for Our Father or the Lord's Prayer. That was my first clue that it was a satire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 01:07PM by bona dea.

Posted by: pickmepickme ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 08:15AM

He's absolutely hysterical! You should read his latest blog entry on the evils of oral sex. He's got a whole bunch of true bluers going nuts!!!

Posted by: JF ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 01:37PM

This guy is pure genius! He's almost believable in the blogs, especially if you are TBM. And he's got some people really pissed on his Facebook page. But he always responds with humor - I love this guy.

And his oral sex blog was one of his best. I love at the end of it when he says, "no matter how strong the winds of public opinion may blow".

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 01:46PM

and it's obvious satire.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.