Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 07:36PM

An active LDS friend just asked me the following question.

"Why is it that when people leave the church they no linger call it by its real name.... just an observation - you frequently use the term mormon and lds yet neither are correct."

My response:

"Why should I bother with the long, convoluted and pompous name?

It most certainly has NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. It is a money making corporation and real estate cult, masquerading as a church. It deserves titles that are lot more demeaning than the ones I use, but I'm being polite since it's you."

I await their response. LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: danr ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 08:25PM

Most Mormon's that I know call it "The Mormon Church" or "LDS", or just plain old "the church".

Posted by: tnurg ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 08:51PM

The historical record shows that the Church's name has been significantly altered. In 1830, it was first named, "Church of Christ," in 1834, the name changed to "The Church of the Latter Day Saints," and in 1838, the name changed again, to "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can only assume that God/Jesus didn't know the name of their so-called church!

Yes, the name has/does change - now I refer to this well documented fraud by simply calling it the mormon CULT! As Always, tnurg (GRUNT)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 08:57PM

The Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

When I think religion, I think TCOTPOTCOJCOLDS...

Posted by: tnurg ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 09:28PM

And yes, the Articles of Incorporation are quite interesting as well! As Always, tnurg (GRUNT)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 08:57PM

It's lds.org, or Mormon.org, not COJCoLDS.org. Even the Mormon church doesn't often call itself by its proper name.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 09:28PM

And his response:

"That all may be true, but you dont say anything other than the Catholic Church when referring to Catholisism..... so you should do the same. You dont because you are embittered by the church and its behavior"

My response:

"
1. If I'd been born and raised a Catholic then I'm sure I'd have other names for it. If were talking to you as a Catholic, then I'd refer to those other nicknames too. As it is, I just call it the "Whore of the earth" since that is what the Mormon church has called it.

2. I'm not embittered at all. You completely misunderstand where I am. I'm amused by the church. I find it entertaining to review the things I used to believe and teach, and I just can't help laugh at myself and at the church. The doctrines are entertaining, the history is embarrassing, and their claims to describe history are laughable."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 09:53PM

LDS inc is one accurate and concise way that I refer to .....LDS inc. MORmONS typically object. Then I resort to other, more lengthy accurate names for LDS inc that MORmONS dislike far more.

LONG before MORmONISM came along with its crummy little MORmON rip off version of supposed Christianity, the Roman Catholic Church was known as "THE" church. In spite of MORmONISM'S condemnation of Catholicism as being utterly and hopelessly apostate, MORmONISM has yet to surpass hopelessly apostate Catholicism and never will surpass hopelessly apostate Catholicism.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 28, 2017 09:54PM

If you call them the Church of Asshats, then everybody seems to know who you're talking about.

Posted by: ProvoX ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 02:09AM

I call it "Monson-Hathaway"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 02:27PM

I've always been partial to LD$!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.