Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 11:34AM

Can someone recommend a good therapist for a married couple with one spouse (me) that recently stopped believing in the church and the other spouse sees that as a threat?

I'm realizing this is serious and complicated stuff here and need some professional help. I live in Salt Lake County. We have 4 kids all younger than HS age and both sides of the family are all still believing and multi-generation Mormon.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 11:44PM

in Midvale, I think it is.

The religious transition group (RTG) meets every couple of weeks and it's a place where people questioning or leaving the LDS church can go and talk to other people about their issues. That would be more for YOU than for your believing spouse. But I believe there are a couple of therapists who go to those meetings. I think the moderator is a therapist. If not, I'm sure they could give you some recommendations.

They DO NOT try to push Unitarianism in any way. The group just meets in the building.

If you look the Unitarians up in the phonebook, they could probably tell you when the group meets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.