Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 06:02PM

Really pisses me the fuck off. Like the lady down my street. What the hell is up with this royalty attitude that mormons have? Especially the hardcore ones. i am tired of that shit. You are not a fucking queen i am sorry they deluded you. I want to knock them off that high horse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 06:29PM

You need a new social circle.

This one is dragging you down.

Ignore her, go about your business, and set your focus on other things.

You are not one of them.

Find new interests so you don't obsess so much about your neighbor. She can't get to you unless you let her. Same thing with Mormonism. Just let it go.

You aren't going to change them. You can only change how you respond to them and work on yourself. That is all you have any control over and that is enough.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 06:49PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need a new social circle.

I think this is a very important thing.
At least the people who I met in college helped me a lot.

Date: October 10, 2017 06:57PM

I am hanging out with card players in the mall pretty soon here. Its a better circle for sure.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 11:40AM

Several years ago my sweet TBM neighbor lady and I were talking about how I never felt part of the church. Her response was, "Then we have failed you." It sounded very clearly like she was part of the royalty you refer to and I was a lowly piece of shit trying to get to her level. I like her as a friend but I could never trust her in the context of church. The temple and celestial kingdom and 'only true church' bullshit is what does it. It's too bad we can't have a regular old pastor who watches after his flock of genuine folks.

Date: October 11, 2017 01:17PM

I would have killed to have a badass pastor that played guitar up in front of everybody that actually gave two shits about people growing up.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 04:10PM

When your temple rituals talk about becoming kings and queens, your hard-core TBM is gonna have an attitude. Where did I get this anti-mormon lie? Oh, I don't know, how about lds.org....

"By 1843, the temple’s full import and design seem to have crystallized in the Prophet’s teachings. The doctrines of sealing and of becoming kings and queens, priests and priestesses were often discussed.

Date: October 11, 2017 04:50PM

It has to be the temple thing that makes them this way. I just watched a washing and anointing video from newnamenoah which mentioned those things. Newnamenoah is one of my heroes. He probably saved me from a lot more hell actually i know he saved me from a lot more hell.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 05:19PM

I've had a few encounters with mormons with royal attitudes. One was a family that came in from Utah.Their ancestors were "pioneers." Executive father. Stay at home mother.Six kids. The mother never smiled and constantly looked down at me. I was tempted to tell her she looked constipated whenever she gave me that look.
A son of a friend of mine told me how the eldest son of that family would always act like he (the eldest son) was better than him (my friend's son). My friend said, "It's probably because they're both fourteenth generation mormons.
Their surname was Sigleer. Does that surname have any prominence? Does anyone know this?

When I moved to Columbia (Maryland) there was a man that tested my patience. He was the second counselor of my ward. I remember tell him of my testimony and my reason for joining TSCC, and he acted like it was not good enough. When I told him about my battle with Depression he says, "EVERYONE goes through that." I have a whole list for this guy. Everything about him, what he said, his tone of voice seemed insincere.

Then there is the woman that I had rented a room from. She was a convert to the church...nineteen when she converted. She married a man who had a deep ancestry with the church. She thought that she was high and mighty. Here's the funny thing: she had premarital sex, was promiscuous and word tank tops and shorts prior to her conversion. And now she always has something nasty to say about women who "dress immodestly" or that had premarital sex.
I was tempted to say, "Um, you've done the same thing, before you converted. I thought that you'd be less judgemental because of that."
I would hear her say, "Those Jehovah Witnesses...they are some misguided people." That really turned me off. I wanted to say, "In what way? They're doing what we're doing: Living what they see to be the 'Word of God.'" I'll admit, I've made the mistake of putting mormons on a high pedestal.
She also thought that she was better than people of color. African-Americans especially. She would coldly greet the African-American members of the ward, but would enthusiastically greet any Caucasian member she came across. She was extremely cruel to my African-American aunt, even though my aunt was more than friendly to her.
I'll admit, it opened my eyes to my naivete. I assumed that mormons would be the best people to be around. Boy was I wrong. I will own up to that.

Date: October 11, 2017 05:26PM

I used to fall into the trap and put people on pedestools but then i was like wait a minute they havent been through more than me why the hell am i raising them up?

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 03:28AM

I’d like to gently propose if you have them, that you wear earbuds and listen to music whenever you’re out and about. I’ve found that earbuds, and looking past people, not making eye contact or even seeming to notice them, is like wearing a magic invisibility cloak. You can take it off where and when you want to. Then you can avoid some of these types. It’s a cool trick I’ve learned recently. People seem to not disturb people who look like they can’t hear them. They also have no idea when I turn off the music and listen in to their gossip at restaurants and on the train. It also often protects me from being hit on. It’s such a neat trick. Sorry about the morons that surround you. I’m thousands of miles away and wishing you well, and that you could get better physically and escape like I did to lands that know nothing of Christianity let alone Mormonism so you can heal spiritually as well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.