Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 04:09PM

Of course I can't just ask!

I base it on his latest P-day email. He's now on the mission home staff, so his P-day is Saturday.

In yesterday's totally boring recounting of finding some investigators and losing others was his tale of a trip with his Sr. comp to the comp's favorite branch, to say goodbye, as he goes home next week. My grandson pointed out that he'd served in this branch, so he knew many of the people there.

I normally eschew viewing the photos he sends along, but I looked yesterday, and lo and behold, there was my evidence: him and a very, very cute young lady. She was in a number of photos with him, and the body language was there! They were leaning into each other. He's in photos with another young lady, but there's no leaning in...

Which brings me to my real theme: how many of us met winsome young things for which we developed strong feelings? I know I did. And I even dated one after the mission, but it hardly counts, because she was a Lady Missionary (that's what old people called sister missionaries, back in the day).

Of course I am not going to say a thing to him or to his mother; que sera, sera. But I hope that they still have mission abortionists, like we did in the old days.

In my mission, we even had a name for elders who liked the ladies a bit too much: moosers. I never learned the derivation of that name. Moosers moosed, or were seen moosing.

I moose
You moose
He, she, it mooses

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 05:21PM

The bishop's son, a handsome young man, knocked-up the housekeeper of the house in which the missionaries lived. He also slept with the married woman who owned the house. He was forced to confess this in front of the whole ward, in testimony meeting, after he got home. He said he had to confess, because he was representing our whole ward, when he committed these sins. He tried to stay Mormon, and married another of the girls he met on his mission, but he eventually left Mormonism, along with his much wiser younger brother.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 05:41PM

If I had known the truth about the church, and known how to keep a secret, I could have had a hell of a time on the mission.

Francia, the recently divorced Venezuelan, was in hot pursuit and had a body that...well...you get the idea.

But I was a good mormon boy. I didn't want to do anything that would jeopardize my receipt of that spiritual witness I was so desperately looking for. The one I was promising to investigators, but had never received myself, and never would.

I feel stupid when I realize that I kept going to church for so long, not because I had a testimony, but because I wanted to get one. It was promised to me, after all.

Oops, I got off on a ramble. I meant to stop after the sentence about Francia...

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:40PM

There was a girl in Brazil who would have been the most wonderful wife in the world for me. But I was instructed in the LTM (what we called it at the time) that having thoughts of romance while a missionary was the evilest thing I could possibly do. So I buried my feelings until she was lost to me.

Honestly, the people who run this church are unable to conceive of a young-people relationship that isn't based on illicit sex. Let's face it- you belong to the church. You get married when they tell you, to who they tell you, where they tell you.

And then when so many of us leave they can only imagine that we are the defects.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:46PM

Fuck! My kids went on missions and all I got were testimonials as to how true the church was.

He sounds like a fine man, Dawg. And, he does have a great grandpa who can make sure he doesn't think with little head...Hugs, wanker!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 08:59PM

I hope he gets as much as possible out of the relationship and manages to totally fly under the radar while doing so. Perhaps we can all re-live own boring mission days vicariously through your grandson.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 09:07PM

I too met a great gal in the m.field, but sadly lost track of her; Pam from Detroit, late 60's, ... where are you today, I hope you're happy =)

Date: October 15, 2017 09:20PM

Whoa!!!! Did you ever tract near Motown?!?!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:51PM

Yes, permission granted to contact me thru RfM...

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:20PM

I hope that woman is better than all the TBM's that I know (I'm not saying that argentinian tbm women are bad, but they are definitively more orthodox than men).
I wish him luck.

Date: October 15, 2017 11:30PM

I doubt he'll break any rules. He's so not the type; he's a 'confessor', whereas most of us were "la de dah, I don't know anything..." with regard to our pecados. But who knows...?

But I'm pretty sure he's a romantic and she's cute and she's mormon and I'm sure she's sprayed all the pheromones she could at him, (and all the other elders...)

Email me and I'll send you the photos and you can see for yourself.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:59PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt he'll break any rules. He's so not the
> type; he's a 'confessor', whereas most of us were
> "la de dah, I don't know anything..." with regard
> to our pecados. But who knows...?

So, he isn't going to have any problem now, that's good.

> But I'm pretty sure he's a romantic and she's cute
> and she's mormon and I'm sure she's sprayed all
> the pheromones she could at him, (and all the
> other elders...)

I know the beauty of our women very well, and how it can affect the elders (once while I was talking with the elders on a P-day, some of them were looking at a photo and saying how pretty the bishop's daughter was, then I told them that she was 16 LOL, I guess they have a great testimony of Joseph Smith's work).

PS: One woman of my stake, went to a mission in Brazil and met there an american missionary and now they are married (they live in the US),so let's believe in love.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 01:45AM

I did the mission in Toronto, Spanish speaking. I worked with people from every Spanish speaking country on earth, and afterwards, the only country I really wanted to visit was Argentina.

The accent is beautiful, the yerba mate is delicious and above all, the women were so gorgeous.

I haven't gone yet, but someday I will.

Posted by: jkdd259 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 01:18AM

Hoorah For the youngster!

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 02:27AM

Should he receive a "Dear John" from this girl (or any other), I grant permission for him to recite this little poem I made up when I was a missionary:

---

Mi estimada y querida Juanita,
Se me encontro una aun mas bonita
Que tu y tus ojos
Y todos los piojos
Caminando en tu cabecita.

---

(Sorry about the lack of accents...I learned to leer y hablar el espanol, and even write it, since I studied it in high school, but never to type it. In high school, I'd print out my assignments on my family's ::DOT MATRIX PRINTER::, and then write in the accents.)

Date: October 16, 2017 02:44AM

That is magnificent poem and I can tell it came from the heart. Unfortunately, it must remain in Spanish... It simply does not translate!

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 10:07AM

Your family had a PRINTER! :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 09:41AM

I did.

A certain prominent local bishop, in the best actual church building in France (Versailles), had two lovely daughters, just barely younger than we strapping young missionaries. Word had it that they had been hit upon for the past few years by every missionary passing through the area, with zero success.

However, my time in France had been well spent (other than trying to baptize the mostly irreligious French) learning the fine art of French Pastry, and so when the ward did a bake sale, I contributed a delicious five-layer genoise filled with actual chocolate mousse and fresh slivered strawberries. One of the daughters I had a crush on complimented it, but essentially dissed my American culinary skills, and said there was no way it would sell for more than her mom's *authentic French* cake. So I bet her: if her mom's sold for more, my companion and I would cook her family dinner. If mine sold for more, she had to cook us dinner.

I got my dinner. Which included an invite to the family home (which NEVER happened). And she visited me in the US shortly after I returned. I probably could have had her for my celestial bride if I'd wanted to, but by then I was out, and she was having none of that...:(

Her brother later became the France-Paris mission president. Still the most "prominent" native French mormon family. It would have been a mormon "royalty" type of match, and she was darn cute. Oh, well :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.