Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 02:12PM

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59e7ddbbe4b0d3554d20fbdd?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

Yes.
How can they claim innocence when they support these extremely bigoted practices of making a class of untouchables out if gaybies?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2017 02:13PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 02:52PM

I think that the Mormon Church's anti-gay teachings and policies are behind these suicides. But I guess that teenagers in general have a hard time looking ahead into the future. I would like to see gay Utah teenagers realize that they will soon be 18 and no longer under their parents' jurisdiction. Then they can move out and have their whole lives ahead of them to live lives that fulfill their gay identities.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 05:52PM

For gay youth who have grown up in the church, there is no place for them to be both gay and Mormon. It can be difficult enough for heterosexuals to leave the church, but gays often face multiple rejections. It should be no wonder that suicides of gay youths are high in Utah.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 05:11PM

I cannot speak for all suicides, but I am gay and I wanted to kill myself for years when I was Mormon.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 10:08AM

Me too. For me the biggest step I took toward improving my mental health was to leave the Mormon church.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 10:20AM

I left the Mormon church and all the years of self torture suddenly ended. My world turned on a dime. I was free to like myself. I had no idea how much fear and depression I was carrying inside of myself until that moment I realized the Mormon church was a lie and it all went away. I practically needed to be tied down to stop myself from floating I felt so light.

I hate that church for what it does to those sweet innocent kids. Blame can be assigned to a lot of places but what you can never do is give the Mormon church a pass. Whatever percentage they are responsible for is monumental.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 10:33AM

I didn't learn about homosexuality growing up in the Morridor or sexuality in general except what I was able to find out on my own as I was growing.

Sex was a taboo subject.

By time I was finishing high school in the Bay area is when I became familiar with gay people. My homophobia was deeply rooted by then having grown up in the Morridor.

It's taken me a long time to try to overcome that. I pretty much have, but I still have moments when I find myself reverting back to when I was entrenched in the Mormon mind funk. After losing a 15-year old cousin to suicide in the Morridor several years back - a beautiful young woman full of promise and potential; and raising my children in a very tolerant open society where we live in New York, I'm not nearly as homophobic as I once was.

I know if any of my children were gay or lesbian I would love them just the same, maybe more than I already do. Because then I'd be like a Mama Dragon who'd defend them fiercely if need be.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:33AM

Making a young person feel inferior because of their sexual identity is a deplorable crime. Mormons feed on their delusional reality that they are superior to those that don't conform to their pseudo beliefs.

A sad result of this is the victim believes that he or she is less then human. Less face it if your out numbered by one's who remind you how inferior you are all of your young life, is it any wonder suicide may be the only plausible escape.

The LDS church is hell on earth.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:38AM

Suicides in general are higher in utah from mormons. I am straight and i wanted to kill myself for more than a decade because of them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.