Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 01:07AM

Anyone read a really good response to this talk by Holland? It's my TBW's go-to about the book of mormon. All I know is that at the point he was at, denying the Book of Mormon wasn't going to save Joe anyways. Don't know why Holland makes it sound like they gave him an ultimatum and he took the BoM to his grave. Also, I get the masonic background of his last words and the fact that he shot back into the mob. Anything I'm missing here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 02:04AM

The BoM is the best evidence against the BoM. All the sweet talk in the world can't hide the smoking gun. In order to believe the BoM is the real deal, you have to ignore tons of scientific evidence. Archaeological, linguistic, genetic, mathematical, you name it. You have to ignore the physical impossibility of certain narratives. You have to believe that Joseph was a prophet of God while at the same time fucking anything that moved. Behind his wife's back.

Pathological liars believe their own lies because it's the only way they can sleep at night. You can't assume that just because lies are blatantly transparent the liar doesn't believe them. They're invested.

Jeffrey the over-the-hill carnie should be selling popcorn and drinks at the circus, not cheap scam books to unsuspecting youths.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 02:18AM

To answer your question, the CES letter and Mormonthink are a good start. But it's irrelevant. You shouldn't take advice from guys who are prisoners of their own minds.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.