Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 06:10AM

wants to come over Sunday at 3pm.

I told him everything in my letter and they want me to be happy and stay in my old ward. No, thanks.

I also mentioned I received a letter from SLC and my resignation. They want to come over anyway. Dam, the colts are on tv then.

Should I give 'em both barrels? I am full of mormon history. They will not come in here and tell me anything different.

I have burnt holes in my eyes from months of reading tons of damning evidence of real TRUTH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: captainklutz ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 06:29AM

I don't believe you're under any obligation to let them in the door. Frankly, it might be easier on you if you send him an email and cancel...or be at a sports bar watching the Colts.

Good luck, CuteKitty!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 06:36AM

Tell the would-be home teacher that you have resigned and that the bishop should be aware of it by now. Tell him that you are no longer accepting church visitors.

Then watch the Colts and either ignore the door knocking, or open it briefly to state the above message again. You are under no obligation to admit him or anyone else to your home.

My feeling is, enjoy your Sunday afternoon. No need to pollute it with church business. Your time is your time. Your home is your castle.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 08:11AM

Say no. "I do not go to your church, so I do not have or need what you call a home-teacher. I have asked for no contact."

Treat them like you would any other pushy salesman who won't take no for an answer.

Posted by: Offsides ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:00AM

NOW they want you "to be happy?"

Funny, how their boundaries are flexible after all, when advised that your $$$ will no longer be crossing the UT State line. And, I don't know if you've yet had the "pleasure" of reading how they pressure the elderly into bequeathing property and funds to LDS. They use senior missions to aid in that effort.

I don't know about both barrels. If I did, I would be all sweet and smiles, and use the essays as ammo. Hard for them to argue with LDS.org, or, try to claim that it's "anti."

I'd have some LDS publication on the coffee table, between the flowers and the plate of cookies, with the CES letter laying on top of the magazine.

Pleasantries exchanged, small talk made, cookies crumbled. Gets down to business.

"After the boundary kerfuffle, I had questions about the essays, but was told not to ask my lifetime LDS friends."

I'd pass the HT a yellow-highlighted "essay," but "accidentally" hand him the CES letter, in a moment look at the copy of the essay in my hand, and say, "Oops, wrong one," and switch papers with him.

"I'd be delighted to distribute selected readings to any member who comes calling."

After the awkward pause, "Yeah,... but, Go Colts! ....right? I think we can stll agree on that. ....Here, I'll show you to the door." Stand, smile, with my arm extendend in the door's direction, no more words until they are on the stoop, "Buh bye." Click, lock.

Less can be more.

Direct opposition meets a wall of resistance, but manipulation can be a useful tool to break down boundaries, so they say. The trick is to never respond to a diect question, but to ignore or deflect it. That must be in some LDS manual, somewhere.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:18AM

Why waist your time. Tell him you have resigned and he can no longer contact you. Colts are having as bad a year as my Gators....but on to Jacksonville with optimism and a load of adult beverages!!

Gatorman

Date: October 26, 2017 11:19AM

Gatorman,
Bad years go with the flow of a fan. With our hi-dollar$$$$$ q'back out for the rest of the year, I don't know? Brissett is a good rookie q'back, but he can't get sacked 10 times ever again in 1 game! Good god have some mercy on the little feller!

I like offsides' comments. No cookies, just the facts, man. I am HOPPING mad at the info I was forbidden to look at all my life as to the TRUTH of moronism!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 11:56AM

just say no.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 12:06PM

Tell them the game is on at 3pm so they need to bring a six pack of beer for sharing, pizza, and chips or dip. Otherwise, they are not welcome. And no talking religion during the game! Violating will get them punted out the door with no future invites. Also, ask them to come to the back door. Mormons look too much like CIA agents and you don't want gossip going around the neighborhood about you.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 01:34PM

1. Open the door with the video recorder on your phone activated.

2. While recording, tell them that you have resigned from the cult (use the word "cult"), are no longer a member, and their current visit can legally be construed as harassment.

3. Go to the police and, using your recording and resignation receipt from SLC as evidence, inform them of the stalking, express fear for your safety, and ask for a restraining order against any future mormon visits.

4. If they continue the visit after the order is issued, have their sorry mormon asses thrown in jail.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 01:48PM

...that I love it!

Posted by: pogie ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 02:13PM

I'd have them over for the game make sure you have a good drink ready for them. Don't talk about the church say you are invited as a friends for the game but don't talk about church. If they do make sure they know where the door is located.

Posted by: Boballooie0691 ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 08:41PM

Relax cute kitty, you've shown your mettle and you've been passed to a new teacher to bring you back into the fold. Handle it however you want to. After all, it's your world now, and they're just living in it. I home taught for years, and always felt like I was intruding. I've been basically left alone for the 2 1/2 years that I've been out. But, recently I was contacted via FB by someone who I thought was my friend. Telling me he was back in town and had been assigned as my teacher and could he come by for a visit? I replied he was welcome as long as he didn't bring up anything to do with the church. Crickets for a couple of days... Then the question of "why no church talk". I replied, afterafter my research into the early church history and the church founders, I realized it was all one big con job. Reply: Crickets... And I thought he was my friend.

Posted by: Lilac ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:40PM

I personally would not want anyone from the church visiting in any capacity, but if you are OK with it,then what the hell. You might be able to teach them something new. Sometimes you gotta do what feels right. Have fun with it and report back.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:48PM

You could watch the colts while you listen to the cult. Take out two cults at once.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:59PM

Just say no. Don't waste your time . You are done. Don't explain.

smile and say no thanks.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 11:26PM

It's nice to have the power for once. I let the second counselor visit. I didn't anticipate any "win". I'll never forget, "Sister Dorothy, you've been listening to the devil." Three minutes into a discussion, and he runs off to crazy town. Only you can decide if a chat will be worth it over the game.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 11:35PM

Tell them that you have resigned from 'the Church' and so are no longer a member of their organization. Home Teachers are no longer applicable to your life. Something to that effect.

You do not have to meet with anyone from the Church. They will not hear anything that you have to say anyway. They're simply on a mission to save you. They'll figure that they've got the upper-hand, with two against one. I really wouldn't bother.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 10:51AM

When they come,open the door, extend your hand and ask: "what is wanted?"

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 11:42AM

Hmm, you seem to want to meet this people. Why don't you get some black slacks, white shirt and a badge that says "Elder CuteKitty". Just agree with everything and be very polite but keep the colts game on. Randomly look at the TV and jump up and yell "Yes" then go back to the talk.

Date: November 01, 2017 10:48PM

Moehoward,

I ain't a boy, silly. I is a grill. No Elder Cute Kitty. But me yelling at the colts on tv is usually, lately..."oh! NOOOOOO!"

I cancelled the appt. on Sunday. It makes me sick to my core they won't just let me go? I read what SLC said about being a local matter. I carry that letter in my bag everywhere I go.

I am free and onto the rest of my life- free from religion.
I am gonna call the ex-mo/ atheist group I am starting--"Imagine", cool huh?

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 03:45PM

"I ain't a boy, silly. I is a grill."
Yes I know, that's the joke

Posted by: fordescape ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 11:32AM

Not long after I left, somebody gave a sister missionary my phone number, out of district, without my permission. Someone who knew someone on the grapevine. She called to wish me a happy birthday.

I said thanks, but I was no longer in the church.

She screamed, "I'm sorry to bother you!" and hung up.

So much for famed Mormon politeness.

I think you did the right thing, cutekitty, by canceling. Why suffer?

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 01:38PM

Put a sign on your door saying" Do not disturb, football game in progress, this means you!!"
If they keep knocking, open the door and yell rape, or something similar.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.