Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 10:40AM

Yes, another "leader" abuses his position to feel up women...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/george-hw-bush-apologized-after-an-actor-accused-him-of?utm_term=.he0RmM9r#.gykPy4Qx

What is it with men in "powerful" positions, anyway?
I've never been president, but I've been in charge of literally thousands of people...and never once felt it gave me the right to feel up women. Despite being raised as a mormon male. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 01:12PM

Touched her @$$, told a dirty joke.

Poor guy's going senile. Probably mistook her for one of his granddaughters.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 04:02PM

I think it's a bit much for his accuser to call it "assault." Sounds like it was inappropriate and he should not have done it.

But assault?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 06:02PM

My point. Should he have done that?? No.

Wasit wrong/inappropriate? Yes.

If his wife and bodyguard knew of his actions in the past, then they should have helped to prevent this.

Was this sexual assault? In my mind no, but I will let the women make that call.

Is he a batshit, senile, old man, who based on his advanced condition of age? Yes

The load of medications he is on, I doubt he thinks it is something "real" that has happened.

This highlights something never really talked about...most men, regardless of their age, seem to always have primal sexual urges. My granpa, who when he had a stroke, could only recognize his daughter (my mom) when she stood on a certain side of him when he was in the hospital. When she stood on the other side of his bed, he would try and grab her (his daughter) inappropriately.

This isn't right or excused, just a base primal urge that seems to come out in old, senile, men.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 04:13PM

The guy's 93 and I'm sure his mind is going. His executive function is probably only a fraction of what it once was.

But that means that he's reverting to type, unable to control impulses that were already present. If he's trying to touch women's butts and repeatedly telling the same "David Cop-a-Feel" joke, one wonders how he acted around women in his prime, especially in the corridors of power when he thought he could get away with it.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 04:24PM

what about John Rockefeller, who in his twilight years loved to put women in the "hot seat", on either side of him in the back seat of his car while being driven around ? so he could start grabbing stuff. it was well known what was going to happen in the back seat of RICH dirty old man Rockfeller's car and yet there was a constant stream of women who were quite willing to go along.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 04:32PM

No excuse for grabbing a woman's bottom while telling a dirty joke. Just because he is 93 doesn't give him license to do what he wants. If he can't behave himself he needs to stay away from the public. Women don't have to take it anymore, dammit!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 05:15PM

I wouldn't think Barbara would put up with that very long. She seems like the smarter and tougher of the people in that marriage.

She did birth several really marginal man-childs, so who knows?

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 04:53PM

IMO, it's not OK, whether or not the man is powerful.

When I was of dating age, a 'good' Mormon boy (who was about to go on a mission), put his arms around my behind to pull me close enough to him for a goodnight kiss, at my front door.

I was so shocked, I just pulled away from his junk, and went into the house as quickly as I could. Neither did I write to him, although his mother told me he would like me to do so.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.