Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 01:45PM

I've known a number of Mormon male "womanizers". You can call them Don Juans, Players, etc. Their attitude towards women was this:

1. There are two types of women: those you **** and those you don't.

2. Of the type you **** there are a further two types:

a) "sluts": girls you **** but would never marry. Why? Because they are sluts. You don't respect them, but you can **** them. God doesn't care. God the Father was once a "dude" who wore suits on Sunday, worked a job, and had "fun" with sluts before "He" found "His" eternal companion. It is okay to have fun with sluts. They don't count. Have fun with them, then dump them, and move on. Some sluts are "mental". If she is sex, you **** her one time, and dump her. After all, she's mental. But, she's good for one **** but not two or three. Why? Cuz she's mental, and she'll do something crazy, so ony **** her one time and then dump her, and make sure she doesn't know where you live.

b) Potential Eternal Companion. Good Mormon girl. The girl you take to meet your parents. Hands off until marriage. This is the girl whose gonna gave your kids and the girl you take to the temple. What do you do for "sex" while you "court" this girl? Well, you keep ******* sluts of course! They don't matter. God the Father did the same when "He" was a "dude". **** the sluts while you're engaged to your E.C., but DO NOT **** your E.C. until you're married. Otherwise, you'll be "Unworthy" and you won't become a God and get all those wives.

3. Once you become a God, you get lots of beautiful women and girls as wives including your "most beautiful" spirit-daughters. Not the plainjane spirits daughters. You don't want to **** them. But, you get your MOST SEXY spirit-daughters to ****: just like God the Father got Mary, you get the same.

Questions:

What percentage of active Mormon males have the "above" attitude?

A. I would guess at least 20%, and more likely about 33%.

Do active Mormon women "shun" these types of Mormon males?

A. Did women "shun" Bill Clinton? That is your answer.

What happens when a women marries this type of male, and he cheats on her, repeatedly?

A. She forgives him one or two times, but on cheating number two or three (he's done more than that, but she only knows about two or three), she divorces him, and then later marries the exact same type of male, whose wife divorced him because he was a cheater.

Can Mormon women every be criticized in even the slightest way for anything?

A. No. Not in Mormon culture. Not in ex-Mormon culture. They are always pure, always intelligent, always "innocent". Never any exceptions whatsoever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 01:58PM

"Truth" about our species seldom receives a solemn hearing.

Better you should speak of empathy, compassion and morality; you know, those things that spring from the depth of our genetic being.

I was once made aware that ******* gentile sluts doesn't really count against you...

Posted by: brownie ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 02:15PM

Typical Mo mind-in-a-box: black 'n white thinking, double-standard, and objectification. Females are either Madonna or Whore (archetypes), no room for 3-d rainbow reality. Does not apply to males.
My own DH could not handle sexuality, shaming me into his perception of "purity," with "Are you trying to be sexy?" (newlywed, holy underoos slipping off my shoulder) and, turning away in shame at my enthusiasm at having discovered some (appropriately) larger sized coconut bras..."I guess I just don't like that sort of thing."

I'm not sure about man-shunning...in my own finite brainwashed naivete, all Mo men (who wore white shirts & suits) could be trusted to be good upstanding men of god.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 03:00PM

Where you have religious oppression you also have rebellion. You have to remember what keeps many in the church is family and peer pressure. Many really don't believe it. It's a social thing so both men and women in the church sow their oats. Also Mormons are naive. This attracts sharks who manipulate the naive. The church is a mix. Some members can be the worst SOB's you have ever met and others are pretty good people.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 01:48AM

I think women (like men) want power, which may be manifested in wealth, fame, status, and so on. People who get addicted to power are willing to exploit, harm, subvert, or diminish others to acquire more power, even people of their own affinity group. Thus, you get women in LDS MLMs who will sell unnecessary or crummy products to other women, a form of exploitation. Other women will seek prestigious or powerful callings to demonstrate, or advance, their place in the pecking order.

This mindset is not limited to LDS by any means, but certain closed cultures like LDS intensify it. Although not personally conversant with the LDS campus, I can well imagine that many LDS females diminish otherwomen with some kind of reproach such as shaming and shunning, perhaps retaliation.

One unfortunate aspect of this is these women will play up to the powerful men, curry their favor (possibly sexually), and protect them. Perhaps there's the exotic hope that they will be able to tame such an exotic animal. Bill Clinton was protected by a "bimbo eruption unit" which was headed by a woman who organized counter-attacks against women who went public. More recently, Lisa Bloom the "feminist" was hired by Harvey Weinstein to counter charges until it was apparent Weinstein could not be defended, and she quit.

Question: "What does a slave want, more than anything else in the world?"
Wrong Answer: "His freedom."
Right Answer: "To be a slave driver."

Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 02:28AM

The "Womanizers" among Mormons are just as successful as "Players" in any other church, religion, or society, or culture. Women go for the "bad boys" and give them sex. For Mormon women, the "Womanizers" are BY FAR the most desirable of men. By FAR!! Same is true in every church, no matter how "Fundamentalist" that church is. No church or religion can "erase" millions of years of evolution, and "wipe out" human female mating instincts with a little water (baptism), some bread and wine (Eucharist), or any Masonic-like Temple rites.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 10:23AM

I hate the idea that women just give sex away and never want it for themselves. You do realize, don't you, that women have a libido as well, right? It's not just men taking and women giving. That's so stupid.

In my decades of dating, I don't really think it's true that women go for womanizers/bad boys. What women go for is confident men who tell us what we want to hear. It's just that the womanizers/bad boys all have learned what to say and how to act to build trust so they'll get laid. It never occurs to these guys to just be honest and be themselves (because they have no identity outside of "man whore"). Dudes like this do zero emotional work or ever look at their own personalities to see what they bring to the table. They are unable to be partners in a long-term committed relationship because they are unable to be vulnerable, honest with themselves, or honest with other people.

What I'm trying to say is the shine wears off these assholes quickly. This complaint from men that all women only like just the badboys is really bias confirmation and grass-is-greener syndrome. You see all these assholes lying and deceiving to get laid and you think you should be getting all that strange ass yourself. You're just bitter and resentful that the "slut" you wanted wasn't into you and screwed the other guy -- who lied and charmed his way into her pants. Apparently, you guys can't see how predatory and shallow these Bad Boys® are. If we're not too stupid and we don't marry them, most women clue into this sort of dude by their mid-20s and avoid assholes like the plague.

But all y'all don't see that, because the last time you were on the dating market, it was the 1980s and women haven't looked in your direction for at least a decade. It apparently doesn't occur to you that, from one's 20s to one's 30s, our values and priorities change. What we want in a partner is completely different from who we want to take us to the prom. You don't want the same thing you wanted when you were 20. Why do you assume that women do?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 02:39AM

to realize it.

His wife was a really good friend of mine (I was divorced at the time) and his older daughter was in my Beehive group. I was very fond of both of their daughters.

This guy seemed to be very friendly toward me - but then, just about everyone was, and I didn't really think anything of it. They often invited me over for family supper (she was a great cook) and he sometimes would offer to drive over and pick me up and drive me home. I always refused. I didn't see any reason why he should do that when my car worked very well.

Not until I moved to another State in my job, and to a new ward, did I get a letter from his wife - my friend - and she told me he had had an affair and been disfellowshipped, and she strongly believed that he was "straying" again. I was shocked. My first husband had cheated on me; that's why I was divorced. It hurt to think that this guy - whom I had liked and respected - could be cheating on such a marvelous wife.

It literally DID NOT OCCUR to me that a MORMON guy would cheat on his wife. I mean, all that blarney about "forever" couples and such.

I called her once, during the day when I knew her husband would not be home, and stammered out that I hope she didn't think I had any designs on him. I was too ignorant to think he might have had them on me. We ended up laughing about it. She told me she realized that I had no idea he was flirting with me - I was too much of an "innocent" in those days.

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 03:12AM

I saw that about 50% of the young men I knew thought like that openly. Maybe more thought like that secretly. My husband’s RM roommate even called it “pre-marital polygamy”. He glorified tricking very kind and naive people pleasing women into allowing him sexual access. He hinted at proposals, which we trained as doormat helpmeet women believed at age 18 could come up after three weeks of dating. They gave him their virginity or some just hand/blow jobs. But he dumped every single one until he found a beauty pageant winner with rich parents. Of his victims I personally knew, they ended up with depression/eating disorder problems. He was a total scary narcissist. She was very nice. They got married quickly. She had no idea about him. She was a sparkly new freshman of 18. I was terrified for her. Don’t know how their story turned out. I suspect he would be the type to cheat. But I’ll never forget all the high fives he received when he said he was just practicing pre marital polygamy. This kind of thing made me terrified of those kinds of Mormon players. I stayed far away. But many girls found him irresistible.

Posted by: run0emma0run ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 02:06PM

I was TBM. I stayed away from the bad boys. I was attracted to the straight-laced guys.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 05:28PM

Bad boys? I was so strait-laced they all stayed away from me. I dated very few mormons. I dated quite a few nonmormons and they were all pretty respectful. There were a few I can see might have been a problem, but it never became that way. I lived in horrible fear of talking to a bishop about sexual things, so I was a good little girl. And most guys knew I was untouchable.

But I consider my boyfriend what you'd call a bad boy, but he never pushed me to do anything because he knew it might destroy me back when I was 20 years old. He was nonmormon. I consider my little sister's boyfriend what looks like a bad boy. He has long gray hair and rides a Harley. He is such a sweetheart and she says he has been more honest with her than any guy she ever dated. He is so good to her (and she doesn't appreciate it enough).

I just think you can't lump people into so few categories.

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 11:38PM

There was a guy in my singles ward who was famous for luring seven different girls into pre-missionary (for him) makeout/heavy petting sessions, all supposedly being his "last" before he left for the MTC.

By the time the girls involved had figured it out, he was a year into his mission, and his father was the stake president.

Nobody was shocked when his post-mission relationship turned into a quick "civil marriage". Even now, it's suspected that he's cheated on his wife dozens of times all over the city.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.