Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 04:36PM

The Jehovah's Witnesses have been caught in hordes of these sexual abuse scandals. Now it's time for Mormons to be exposed, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 05:00PM

For many years a law first made this their highest and most lucrative priority. They hired a friend of mine to go to court and answer mormon related questions. She knew the terms and set up and was a big help in collecting huge payouts from mormon tithing money because they always settled out of court.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 05:24PM

And to think that he was such an excellent role model for the youth. I bet his PB even said so. May the scumbag rot in jail for 7 long years.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 06:03PM

Unless he is kept away from the other inmates (and I hope he isn't) he won't have an easy time in jail, Aussie prisoners don't take kindly to child abusing scum like him.

In 2015 there was a Royal Commission into Child sexual abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses, so maybe it is now time we had one into child sexual abuse by members of the Mormon Church. Darren Scott and one other that I know of are probably only a tiny tip of the iceberg. Not only that, lone men questioning children behind closed doors about masturbation and chastity is a form of child abuse in itself.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/media-centre/media-releases/2016-11/report-into-jehovah%E2%80%99s-witness-organisations-releas

Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 06:33PM

I am so happy that no Mormon woman ever dated him, much less married him, because they all have the Spirit of Discernment (as I was told repeatedly when I was an active Mormon)...

The Invisible Green Potato Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Source:
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-27/darran-scott
> -jailed-for-child-sex-abuse/9092308

Posted by: Robert D Hales ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 06:36AM

How on earth did this guy get a temple recommend from a bishop or stake president and be regarded as worth to be a high priest?There are countless mormon judged unworthy for a temple recommend just for drinking a cup of coffee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.