Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:37PM

The First Presidency issued a Proclamation in 1949 on 'Negroes'. You should read it:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9d/cb/bc/9dcbbc4360d76fe57a8782470684288a.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Binkyboo ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:45PM

Wow!!! Everyone should copy that and put it and the essay that the church put out on that subject, on social media.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:48PM

Now they call it 'folk doctrine' and blame the members for it.

Date: October 29, 2017 07:18PM

Seminary Teacher to student who asked about it:

"Yes, many of the Members used to think that blacks were cursed and all, but the Brethren never taught that. The Brethren knew that white members were often prejudiced, so, to protect blacks from this racism, they banned them from the temples and priesthood until the time the Members could overcome their racist beliefs."

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now they call it 'folk doctrine' and blame the
> members for it.

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:55PM

You forgot to include a barf warning!

Now I gots this mess to clean up!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 07:07PM

Here's the Mark E. Peterson quote about Negros and Cadillacs ...

"Now we are generous with the Negro. We are willing that the Negro have the highest education. I would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it. I would be willing that they have all the advantages they can get out of life in the world. But let them enjoy these things among themselves. I think the Lord segregated the Negro and who is man to change that segregation? It reminds me of the scripture on marriage, '...what God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.' Only here we have the reverse of the thing -- what God hath separated, let not man bring together again.

"Think of the Negro, cursed as to the priesthood.... This Negro, who, in the pre-existence lived the type of life which justified the Lord in sending him to the earth in their lineage of Cain with a black skin, and possibly being born in darkest Africa--if that Negro is willing when he hears the gospel to accept it, he may have many of the blessings of the gospel. In spite of all he did in the pre-existent life, the Lord is willing, if the Negro accepts the gospel with real, sincere faith, and is really converted, to give him the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. If that Negro is faithful all his days, he can and will enter the celestial kingdom. He will go there as a servant, but he will get celestial glory."

http://www.lds-mormon.com/racism.shtml

Okay, it happened... But now, by the grace of ghawd, it didn't really happen

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 07:19PM

Okay, now it makes sense. Cadillacs, full basketball courts in the cultural hall, and everyone calling each other “brother”. Why didn’t it catch on?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 09:12PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 07:42PM

I remember the 'High Five' in the temple ceremony from before it was removed. After passing through the veil, the priesthood holders would survey the females who had passed through, select one and perform the sacred High Five, gravely.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 12:58AM

I just got goosed when I went through the veil. Damn horny old men in white!

Posted by: beeblequix ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 08:28PM

<fake puzzled> Strange, the One True Church in the Cosmos doesn't seem to have this proclamation on lds.org. Are they really so ashamed of God's direct commandments? </fake puzzled>

Date: October 29, 2017 10:12PM

As Elder Bruce R. "Adam-God will damn everyone except Brigham Young" McConkie wrote after 1978: "We spoke with limited light and understanding"....

beeblequix Wrote:
> Strange, the One True Church in the Cosmos doesn't
> seem to have this proclamation on lds.org. Are
> they really so ashamed of God's direct
> commandments?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 10:35PM

They didn’t pay the electric bill for their bung hole?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 12:50AM

And once again, TSCC is able to skate because the weasel words about "negroes" being eventually given the priesthood gives them shelter.

However, they still have zero escape clause on the belief that certain spirits in the pre-existence were a-holes and got sent to earth with a dark skin curse from Gawd Almighty, similar to the dark skin curse of the Lamanites. Curse. Curse. Curse.

Blue-eyed blonds? No curse.

How in the wide wide world of sports can missionaries go out and try to convert "negroes."?????

Date: October 30, 2017 02:52AM

Dear Chicken,

Mormon missionaries are converting black Africans faster than the Church can build meetinghouses for them. The missionaries DO NOT TELL THEM anything about the Curse of Cain/Priesthood-Ban fiasco. If some of them find out (very few do), they are told: "That is not pertinent to your salvation" and then they go silent.

Black Africans usually have no or very very little access to the Internet. Most can't afford the few Internet cafe's in the big cities.

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
> And once again, TSCC is able to skate because the
> weasel words about "negroes" being eventually
> given the priesthood gives them shelter.
>
> However, they still have zero escape clause on
> the belief that certain spirits in the
> pre-existence were a-holes and got sent to earth
> with a dark skin curse from Gawd Almighty, similar
> to the dark skin curse of the Lamanites. Curse.
> Curse. Curse.
>
> Blue-eyed blonds? No curse.
>
> How in the wide wide world of sports can
> missionaries go out and try to convert
> "negroes."?????

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 08:04PM

Absolutely, psychic.

The creepy cult part of this is that TBM's (at least those who even *know* about the curse & the ban) don't see it as a bad thing that the church taught it for most of its racist history, but that it's a GOOD thing because GOD CHANGED IT!

It's about as '1984' as you can get. In fact, it's worse: in '1984' things went down the memory hole, so people didn't know they ever happened* ; in TSCC evil things are magically no problem because of "revelation" makes them go away.....

*Although many things, like the pre-1990 blood oaths, are denied by people who actually did them--now THAT'S some quality brainwashing.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 07:40PM

I thought it was titled "A Statement from The First Presidency" rather than a proclamation to the world, but yes it still was an official statement from God's supposed spokesmen.

At the end of the day 'The World' never gave a hoot to anything these idiots ever said.

General conference April 2006, Prophet Hinckley declared:

"I remind you that no man who makes disparaging remarks concerning those of another race can consider himself a true disciple of Christ."

If Hinckley is to be taken seriously then he's declared that Brigham Young, John Taylor, Joseph Fielding Smith and all the Less Valiant Theological LDS Prophets and Apostles not to be true disciples of Christ, but false ones. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2017 07:41PM by Zeezromp.

Posted by: jkdd259 ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 09:58PM

Why are my posts getting axed?

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 01:16AM

It was never about the Priesthood.
You dont need the Priesthood to get into a Mormon Temple, you needed non-black skin prior to 1978.
Why?
MORmONs cant answrr that question.
sked, and predictably, they dodged.

Hi No Name Provided,

Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?
Now chatting with: James and Trent

No Name Provided 9:44 PM
Why were blacks restricted from entering the temple prior to 1978 when you don't need the priesthood to go to the temple?

Trent 9:45 PM
That is a great question, to give me some context may I ask how you came in contact with the church?

No Name Provided 9:45 PM
My wife is Mormon.
And wants me to join up but she can't answer my questions and I need answers before I sign up to fork over 10% of my income to a church that discriminated against blacks for most of its history.
Was there a reason or was it just plain old fashioned racism?
No Name Provided 9:47 PM
racial discrimination.

Trent 9:48 PM
Ok I see, so to be quite frank, I do not have a conclusive answer as to why that happened. But I can tell you that it is not due to racism as early on in church history there is accounts of blacks receiving the priesthood

No Name Provided 9:48 PM
discriminating against people based upon their skin color is the very definition of racism.
Unless God said to discriminate against blacks. Did he?

Trent 9:49 PM
Also most of the early church were Northerners aligned with abolitionism and actually were driven out of Missouri since slave owners in Missouri were concerned that they would sway local policy away from slavery

No Name Provided 9:50 PM
So if they were progressive Northerners why'd they discriminate against blacks and restrict them from their Temples when you don't need the Priesthood to enter a temple?>

Trent 9:50 PM
God's plan is for everyone, but Christ ministry was to the Jews, it was not until after His ministry did He command his Apostles to preach the Gospel to the whole world
Would you say that shows that Christ was discriminatory?

No Name Provided 9:50 PM
You're avoiding answering my question.
I asked you first and would like an answer to my question.
Please

Actually, to enter the fullness of the temple you do need the temple as a male

you do need the priesthood*

No Name Provided 9:51 PM
Huh? Women go to the temple all the time and they don't have the priesthood.
So why'd black women get banned from the temple?
Had to be their skin color, right?
Not the fact they didn't have the priesthood, since women still don't have the priesthood and go to the temple all the time.

Trent 9:52 PM
Like I said originally, I do not have an exact answer, but as this is a conversation and not an interagation, I do ask that you respond to my questions so I can better assit you

No Name Provided 9:52 PM
You still have not answered my question. This is why I probably won't be a Mormon, since I can't get a straight answer out of a Mormon, ever.

Trent 9:52 PM
and you have not answered mine

No Name Provided 9:53 PM
I asked first.

Trent 9:53 PM
It isnt about you getting an answer from me
it is about you getting an answer from God
and yes, I did! I told you I cant answer that question

No Name Provided 9:53 PM
I know what God said, "Love your fellow man as yourself." How is discriminating against them based upon their skin color loving htem as yourself?

Trent 9:54 PM
Do you think all churches were integrated at the time of the abolition of slavery? Segregation remained well into the 20th century
We don't have the answers, think of the social pressures created when Rosa Parks sat on a bus and refused to stand up. We simply don't have the answers

No Name Provided 9:55 PM
Other church's don't have scriptures that describe their God turning white people black for sinning and white again for repenting and black again for sinning. Mormons do. That's racist AF.

Trent 9:55 PM
There is no scripture that claims that
That is a misinterpretation

No Name Provided 9:56 PM
The Book of Mormon doesn't say that God turned Lamanites dark skinned for sinning and white again for repenting, and dark again for sinning again?

Trent 9:56 PM
That is not a curse, but a sign to show the difference of the people of God and those who did not follow God.

No Name Provided 9:57 PM
So if God is the same today, yesterday and tommorrow, why didn't he turn Hitler as black as coal and MLK as white as a snowman?

Trent 9:58 PM
If you do have a sincere desire to learn and converse, I would be happy to help, but if not I am going to end this chat as we are not getting anywhere

No Name Provided 9:58 PM
Yeah, like I thought. No excuse for racism.
Or white supremacy.

Trent 9:58 PM
Have a wonderful night my friend :)

No Name Provided 9:58 PM
You're not very convincing.

The chat session has ended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 01:17AM by koriwhore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.