Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 01:57PM

Just FYI: I never had a "faith crisis". I gained knowledge and acted upon it. That the LDS Church excommunicated me for spelling out that knowledge is their problem, not mine. It's not a "crisis" for me at all. In fact, it's liberating.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 03:44PM

Absolutely correct, Bruce. Way to go, buddy. -edz

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 03:47PM

TSCC has a rationality crisis.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 04:28PM

Yep.

What brought this on, moose?
Somebody hit you with the old, "You must have had a faith crisis to leave. Or you were offended. Or you wanted to sin." thing?

Date: November 02, 2017 06:52PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 08:17PM

Ah, I see.
Reflect away, my wise friend.
You're missed around here :)

Date: November 02, 2017 08:36PM

I'd offer to support your efforts at education (spiritist and Henry Bemis) in other threads but I fear it would add heat to the backfire effect already in evidence (there's that word!). Besides, you are eminently qualified. The illogic on display is astounding. Your logic, though, is impeccable.

Keep up the great work!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 05:05PM

I get angry at the Mormons' lame PR terminology, and "faith crisis" set me off on yet another tirade.

The word "crisis" implies that this is something we are working through, and are battling with. Not! Finding the truth and acting on it was no "struggle" at all. I had no trouble "working through" a decision. The decision was made for me. As a follower of Truth, I just followed the Truth. (If there's any "crisis", our nasty Mormon so-called "friends" try to cause it, by accusing us, love-bombing and shunning us, and in the case of me and my children--bullying us!) Unlike a "crisis" this was not something temporary, but permanent. I could never re-believe in that cult, any more than I could un-ring a bell.

Leaving Mormonism, at the time we left, had nothing to do with "faith" either! I have more faith now--in humanity, in Love, in myself, in my not-Mormon loved ones, in hard work, in God and Christ, and life--than I ever put into JS and his stupid cult of lies. The Mormon cult has nothing to do with Christ, or Love, or Family or Happiness or Faith!

No crisis. More faith now.

Like Bruce A. Holt said, resigning was a liberating act in response to new information. I was simply moving forward in my life, becoming more mature and positive and happy. It was NOT anything negative, as the word "crisis" implies.

We were not focused on battling, or rebelling, or leaving "faith" at all, because it was the cult that forced us to resign, so the Mormons would stop bullying us. We were not moving away from something, but TOWARDS something.

This is just another clever couplet that the Mormons have invented, to be repeated over and over, until it becomes true. But, as usual, the OPPOSITE is true.

Leaving Mormonism was a permanent "faith affirmation."

Posted by: BrightAqua ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 05:13PM

Date: November 02, 2017 06:53PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 09:18PM

through their hoops, but when I did, it was so FREEING. It was like a huge load had been lifted off my back. It has been about 5 years or more now and I've never regretted it for one moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2017 09:18PM by cl2.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 03, 2017 01:51AM

I prefer to attribute it to stupidity rather than malice. They just can’t see past their bubble and nothing can make them see. When I was TBM, apostates baffled me. I really couldn’t imagine why they would leave. Those chains of self deception felt real nice because what other life could be worth living?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 06:54PM

I did the same thing..... It's good to be out isn't it?

Date: November 02, 2017 07:39PM

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 08:15PM

Bruce- are you by chance from Texas? Not trying to pin you down, but I knew a Bruce Holt in the 1980's from TX. Good guy. That you?

Date: November 02, 2017 08:51PM

In spite of a 12 year stint in the DFW Metroplex, no. We didn't get there until 2002.

I hope that means both us "Bruce's" are good guys!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 08:35PM

Moose, I’m proud to call you a friend! The way you handled your excommunication was classy and mature. I doubt any TBMs could doubt your sincere nobility as you participated in your “Court of Love.” You’re totally awesome, Bro! Boner.

Date: November 02, 2017 08:53PM

Thank you, my friend! A guy's best friend is his boner. :-)

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 08:43PM

One of the reasons I left was that I wanted so desperately to commit a sin--thinking for myself!

Date: November 02, 2017 08:53PM

Perish the though!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 02, 2017 08:59PM

Wait, I thought you'd just given your tithing to the three tapir-riding nephites?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.