Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 06:09PM

I feel i am closing in on getting all my physical pains vanquished, which was always the main goal. Just a neck surgery with two disc replacements and then the vitamins will take care of all the other body deficiencies and hopefully clear the nerve pain sensations. It will make my other issues way easier to deal with if i can get this done. I thought to myself when i was talking to a doctor all that is really left is my neck really but the vitamins should take care of everything else, there could not be anything after that there just couldn't be i hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 06:47PM

I hope it does do the trick, Adam.

I would strongly suggest, though, that you be at least a little prepared for it not to be the be-all, do-all. That you might still have some pain, or some limitations. That way you'll be prepared in case that happens.

Modern medicine can fix a lot. It can't fix everything.

Best.

Date: November 15, 2017 06:54PM

I am afraid it won't be the final piece to the puzzle, but i hope it will make the journey a little easier at the very least that is all i am asking for.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 07:16PM

There you go. Good attitude. :)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:51PM

I had neck vertabrae fused, and it sure did the trick for me, and that was in 1990, with no recurring problems since. And recovery was easy, so long as you don't mind a month in an hard neck brace, and maybe a month more in a soft one.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:53PM

And you do know that vitamins do nothing, right? I feel that it is my duty to break the unfortunate news to you.

Date: November 17, 2017 02:26PM

Well we will see on the next blood test i guess.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 03:46PM

Hi Adam, google "search engine evaluator leapforce".

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 04:27PM

Best of luck, Adam.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 10:11PM

It's scary to face something so major.

I was older than you when I had my arthritic, painful knees replaced with artificial joints (both at the same time, on the advice of the surgeon. The first two weeks afterward were brutal, but it was a good decision.)

Recovery took a while, but it was SO worth it! Some years later, I came into some unexpected family money, and at my husband's urging, I spent two months rattling around Europe. That had always been the single biggest thing on my bucket list, and many, many times, I was glad to have my new knees as I climbed innumerable stairs into and out of metros. All that walking, without pain! It was AMAZING!!

I hope that the outcome of your surgery will be just as good as mine was.

Date: November 20, 2017 09:28AM

No set date yet, i have to see the doctor fully and officially again in december for insurance purposes then it will be scheduled. I did have it scheduled in september but i was still recovering from getting my tonsils out so it was cancelled.

Posted by: ANON 3 ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 01:21PM

One operation is good. Make sure your CPAP is clean.
Don't worry if you have trouble eating afterwards for a little bit. It takes time to get the anesthesia out of way.
See if before you get home you can get the waterproof clear Band-Aids from them. If they tell you to use them, they are like 10-20 a box.
When you are done take your time healing yourself. I always went back to work in a hurry.single parent with children.Move carefully. Now, you have chosen a surgeon. Keep that surgeon. Knees, back whatever. Alot of doctors will kick you to the curb for ssdi but if you are a long term patient they feel an obligation.
That little container of surgical soap is expensive for 2 showers but buy it anyway. The soap is great if you have rashes.
We always had a hospital bag in the car. It had books, hard candy change of underwear, new night clothed. They don't tell you tho you can take that pillow, take the gown, anything you need when leaving. Just ask. There is also dry bath if you need that. You get all these instructions before and after surgery.
You can ask to see where you're bed is so you can post it here and we'll send m&Ms and Pokemon/ magic cards. They have a communal fridge freezer.they have popsicles, juice, crackers, cheese,liquid meal replacements that is incredibly expensive and sold only to hospitals.
They will seem like all they want to do is to move you out. Nurses, doctors. They really want to get you out. Diseases. They have you blow in tubes . So yes they really do want you out of there when feel so bad. They can also tell you about when you can be released.

It'll go good Adam.theyll get you started on pain meds afterwards. They work from present to past and take you down gradually.
Agan I talk too much!

Date: November 20, 2017 09:33AM

I already have that soap i am supposed to use for two days prior to surgery. I heard that the recovery is easier then my left shoulder was so that was good news. My left shoulder was brutal compared to anything else i have done.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 01:45PM

I think it's worth it to take the time to get a surgeon that comes well recommended and that you have confidence in. Surgery has always come out well for my family members, but we do our homework first when it comes to selecting a surgeon.

Date: November 20, 2017 09:35AM

I think that this surgeon is pretty good and i have seen a couple others for this issue but this one is the only one that does disk replacement instead of fusion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.