Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 07:57AM

Damn you, Anybody, I wanted to post this but you got there before me ;-)

The picture is hilarious, as indeed is the reaction by the religiously rigid ;-)

Tom in Paris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 08:27AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 08:42AM

In America, baby jesus sausage roll would be carrying an Uzi...:)

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:03PM

Take that you atheists. Irrefutable evidence of the existence of the sausage roll ;)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:08PM

I dont find it offensive at all but neither is it funny to me. It is very childish humor, IMO,and the kind of thing mostly kids would find funny. Personally I prefer more sohisticated humor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 02:03PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:24PM

I found it sophomoric humor, like you.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:47PM

I would have found it funny when I was a kid, but today I am a little more sophisticated-I hope.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 06:30PM

I don't see why they are offended and complaining. They eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus every time they take the sacrament....some believing what they eat, literally changes into flesh and blood after eating it.

Maybe if they served the bread/ wafer with sausage, they would get more people to attend.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 08:07PM

The funniest thing I ever saw was the prayer to Baby Jesus in the movie Talladega Nights.

Will Ferrell has his moments lol .

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 08:24PM

Having been an ardent "Outlander" fan for years, I have been wondering why time-traveling Claire and her time-traveling daughter Brianna, explained a "hot dog" to mid-1700's Jamie Fraser as "something like a sausage roll."

The sausage roll looks delicious! (I'm more interested in the thing itself than the sacrilegious implications.) Is it eaten with condiments (catsup, mustard, relish, sauerkraut, etc.) like a regular hot dog?

Just wondering, from the Other Side of the Pond.

Date: November 18, 2017 03:51AM

Usually, sausage rolls are eaten as they are, without sauce or condiments, but there's no law against trying...

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 01:56AM

I was in Europe, many years ago.

Prior to that, my best friend and I went to London in 1992, thereby fulfilling a long-awaited girlhood dream. However, she turned out to be very ethnocentric, and would only eat at American restaurants like McDonald's (where one cheeseburger could set you back two pounds) or various pizza chains.

I was a lot more adventurous when I ventured forth the next time. And it was SO worth it, in all the countries I visited. I spoke at least a little of the language of every country I visited, so I was able to peruse menus, ask simple questions, and enjoyed everything. In Scotland, I even tried haggis, although several people on our tour flatly refused to try it, insisting that it was "gross." It looked kind of gross, but tasted good. And yes, I know what-all is in it. Not keen on bashed neeps, though.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 03:16AM

Susej Drol is Lord Jesus backwards.

Date: November 19, 2017 05:08AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.