Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 03:55PM

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?

Now chatting with: Brady and Jake
Brady 12:37 PM
Hey, how are you doing?​

Mike 12:38 PM
Good. I just saw an ad on FB saying I could come here to ask real questions and get real answers. Is that true?

Brady 12:38 PM
Yes, we try to answer the deep questions of the soul here and lead others to God so that they can continue to have experiences with Him. Do you have some real questions that we could help you answer?

Mike 12:40 PM
Why did the church ban blacks from entering the temple for most of its history when you don't need the priesthood to enter a temple, since women don't have the priesthood, still, yet enter the temple unimpeded every day?

Jake 12:40 PM
We don't know why God commanded that in the early church.

Mike 12:41 PM
"We don't know" is not a real answer.
Want to ask a supervisor and get back to me on that one?

Brady 12:41 PM
We're sorry that you were not satisfied with your answer. As I said previously, real questions help us turn ourselves to God and learn where we can grow even closer to Him. While we may not know the exact purposes behind why God did what He did, we can see that pattern that He established. Race and the priesthood is no different than the restrictions that were placed on the Gentiles at the time of Jesus' earthly ministry. In Acts chapter 10 we read that this restriction was lifted after an Apostle received a vision to do so. This is just like what happened in the 70s. What are your thoughts in that?

Mike 12:44 PM
Seems like a pretty important decision in order to violate Christ's commandment to love our fellow men as ourselves for most of your history. How is discriminating against an entire race, for no reason, loving them as ourselves?

Jake 12:45 PM
Honestly. We can see that you are here to argue and we have this conversation about 10 times a day. Do yu have any sincere questions?

Mike 12:45 PM
Again, it has NOTHING to do with the Priesthood, since the Priesthood is not required to enter a temple, right? Was it just plain old fashioned racism?
You have this conversation 10 times a day and never bother to ask your supervisors?
Or google?
Or read about it?
Isn't that your job, to give real answers to real questions you get 10 times a day?
Isn't that just lying by ommission?

Brady 12:47 PM
It's a bit of an exaggeration. We would ask you now to love one another as Jesus Christ loves you. We have given you the information you need for a real answer, and now we encourage you to go ask God. We are volunteers, and we are simply trying our hardest to share the love of Jesus Christ with others. Have a nice day! :D

The Book of Mormon Home Page
The chat session has ended.

MORmONS are still lying sacks of shit racists who have no excuse for their past or current racism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2017 03:42PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 04:01PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honestly. We can see that you are here to argue
> and we have this conversation about 10 times a
> day.

...and yet you still don't have a decent answer to it.
How about that!

Maybe that should serve as a clue to you missionaries that the excuses you offer aren't cutting it? And that the 99.98% of the world that isn't mormon still thinks your church was simply racist?

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 05:54PM

I asked them how come you're prophet had many wives and got we don't know either and I said so you lie to people to get them in and pay money? And got you are causing contention have a great day, yep still blind to the truth but we see it

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 04:01PM

No matter how how many "deep questions of the soul" are asked, the bottom-line answer is always the same:

Become a mormon.

Posted by: jdoubledub ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 04:40PM

Funny how the 'revelation' to lift the ban on African ancestry came about just as BYU was going to lose accreditation and the church would have been responsible for millions of dollars of back taxes because of their treatment of Black members and students. So nice of God to think of that and save the church some money.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 05:01PM

Date: November 16, 2017 05:40PM

Haha they had to hide because you were causing contention! Wow what cowards they are

Date: November 17, 2017 03:49PM

Summary:
Kori: You give real answers to real questions?
Missinaries: Yes
Kori: Why'd your church discriminate agsinst blacks for most of its history?
Missionaries: We dont know why God commanded that in the early church.
Kori: "we dont know" isnt a real answer.
Missionaries: sorry you dont like our answer. Pray about it. Bye.

Why are Mormons so quick to throw God under the bus when their founders immorality comes up?

Date: November 17, 2017 10:09PM

I agree and I told them everything they believe in and got we have always been attacked! We are Christians and that stuff never happened, oh really?

Date: November 18, 2017 12:16AM

Whats the difference between Hugh Heffner and Joseph Smith?
Nobody sang Hugh Heffners praises.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 06:29PM

Love of jc— what exactly might that be?
Emptier words were never spoken.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 09:28PM

Next time just say:
Peter's message is that no religio-ethnic or cultural conditions must be met to qualify for God's salvation blessings...PERIOD. This restriction was not God, has Nothing to do with God, but everything to do with a false and blaspheme so-called man.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 01:28PM

I cant stand them saying "Its not our fault that God is racist". As if they are better than God.

Secondly, Acts chapter 10 does not discuss racial segregation at all. The word race (in regards to racial identity) doesnt appear at all in the chapter or the Bible at all. The word race in the Bible is used like "to run a race". It says things like race to your salvation.

Acts 10: 28
"28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

The purpose of banning Jews from living in foreign countries was because it would be impossible for them to keep the Law of Moses living in a foreign country. They didnt ban racial integration because there were many laws about when Gentiles came to live in Israel. The Jews let foreigns live in their country but banned Jews from living in foreign countries. This was to preserve their culture. This wasnt racial segregation. Also the words unclean or common are just the way the Jews described things that werent according to the Law of Moses.

Acts 10: 12-15
"12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

The animals were common or unclean because they werent allowed to be eaten in the Law of Moses.

The point was the cultural restrictions of the Law of Moses were lifted so the restriction on living among the Gentiles was lifted as well for the Christians.

Mormons twist just about everything the Bible says.

Date: November 19, 2017 02:43PM

isthechurchtrue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cant stand them saying "Its not our fault that
> God is racist". As if they are better than God.

Our Prophets are not racist! The only reason they hated black people, God did, up until 1978, when all of our prayers changed his mind. That's just how awesome we are!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 04:52PM

when it comes right down to it, MORmONISM is an insult to god and to decency.

By their fruits .....of corruption , (racism, institutional adultery purposely mislabeled as polygamy, scriptural forgery, rampant fraud, LIES ON LIES) you will know EVIL /them.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 07:48PM

Around the time I was discovering the truth about the so-call true church, I remember finding videos of Spencer W. Kimball saying something like: "I don't know why blacks can't have the priesthood, but god does."
Plus another video on YouTube from "Mormon in America, Where one guy says,"The priesthood ban always always bothered me, but only god knows why it took place."

And then there was an interview with Donny and Marie where (I believe) Barbara Walters asked why black people could not have the priesthood and Donny said, "Our church has more to offer the blacks than any other church...but black people cannot hold the priesthood at this time, and god wants it that way."

Now what came from Kimball's mouth sounded like, "Look, it's not my fault that blacks cannot have the priesthood. God just doesn't want them to have it. I know that, but Idon't know why!"

Now I know that the latter two aren't/weren't church leaders, but I sounds like they were saying the same thing. "Look, I'm not racist. I love our Negroes. But God just doesn't want them to have the priesthood."
And Donny saying that his church had more to offer black people than any other church...let's see: Everything but the priesthood, temple entry, the chance to be sealed to their families. So when they die, they'll beneath everyone else.

Sickening to think of, isn't it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.