Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 08:55AM

Rock in Peace, while in your honor, we rock out loud.

You can put on your headsets, crank up the volume and appreciate his genius here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2046416,2046700#msg-2046700

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 08:56AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 10:52AM

I'd like to...
But.
I was 18 and having a great time growing up in the San Fernando Valley. We covered a lot of ground since gas was 25 cents a gallon or less. Hollywood, Laurel Canyon, Benedict Canyon, Van Nuys Blvd, Topanga Canyon, Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice and anywhere and everywhere in between, meeting people, finding parties and generally living the SoCal laid-back life.

I worked at a market in Panorama City at the time. I worked at night sorting soda bottle returns and baling cardboard and paper for recycling. Manson's crew would come around and pick through the trash cans. They would alternate between being friendly and cool or mean and threatening. They were just plain spooky.

Charles Manson altered my world forever when he sent his minions out to kill. Everyone changed. No more laid back. The mood of Southern California was so different and uncomfortable, many people were moving away. Including me. I sought refuge by transferring from SFVSC to The 'safe' and open arms of BYU.

Needless to say, I altered my life for the worse by running away from the shadow of Manson. I will never forgive him for it.

Dead Manson feels oddly satisfying.

It's a good day.

For me, Malcolm Young is a footnote by comparison.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 11:46AM by csuprovograd.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:06AM

Knowing Manson is finally, really DEAD did feel like the world became lighter and happier with his passing.

What a relief he's finally GONE.

One less evil person in the world that didn't win in the end.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 12:49PM

I thought it was going to be a snooze fest. What new could possibly be said?

One guy got up and said "I believe in reincarnation and I want to know where these people ARE." Puts a different spin on things!

Date: November 20, 2017 11:17AM

It horrified the rest of the nation, as well, although, of course, not as directly as it did you. Thankfully, Manson and his brainwashed band of merry, mindless massacring mutderers were captured soon after their brief but gruesome and bloody spree.

In terms of basic humanness, when measured against Malcolm Young, Charles Manson is a footnote by comparison.

Which was, and remains, my fundamental point.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 11:32AM by steve benson.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 05:34PM

Man, I know your old stomping grounds. Lived in Ventura but covered the valley and the coast. Tranca's market, Gladstones, Neptune's Net, The Dugout in Van Nuys, Malibu Inn backroom poker club, Rock Store on Mulholland. You probably lived there when Van Nuys still made Chevy Camaro's.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:01AM

Well Thomas Manson was quite old, and probably had not handled day to day business at church headquarters for quite a while.

Malcolm Young’s dementia happened at a much younger age than most LDS senior management henchmen begin to show the signs of dementia-although a case could be made that perv Bednar is showing signs of dementia.

His death will overshadow the death of David Cassidy-much like when Micheal Jackson’s death made everyone forget that Farrah Fawcett died on the same day.

The LDS church will get another leader as their corporate ladder was designed, but the world is a little darker without Malcolm.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:11AM

I learned about Malcolm Young after his death this weekend.

I knew who Charles Manson was but I didn't know much about is life or his followers.

Malcolm Young made the world a better place.

Charles Manson didn't make anything.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:19AM

Right. Manson was a pariah.

Malcolm musical gifts to the world will live on.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:45AM

Wouldn't shock me to learn that he's being denied dead dunking and thereby condemned to OD.

Wait.

It would shock me.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 05:19PM

They will wait a whole year, 'cause Gawd's got a calendar ya know. They made my batty mother in law wait a year to do my daughter's temple work. My daughter was guilty of terrible mental illness and suicide. I'll never be okay with her death being the equivalent of a felony in the church's eyes.

I think the endowment is the equivalent of throwing carrots in the air, I just hate their judge, judge, judginess.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:22PM

When I was at the age where I should have have been rocking out to AC/DC I was a goodie two-shoes who though it was too "hard rock".

Now I crank it in the car, so kids see this old fart totally rocking out to "oldies"...

As far as Manson goes, my wife used to rent a place just around the bend from the "ranch" in Santa Susana Pass, and it was creepy even 30 years later.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:59PM

being the goodie two-shoes I was, I never listened to AC/DC UNTIL I got back together with my old boyfriend. AC/DC is his favorite band. I gave him a CD when we went to Alaska together and we listened to the CD over and over on that trip. It will forever remind me of Alaska, the place I had always wanted to go all my life.

Date: November 21, 2017 06:10AM

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 04:58PM

One of the Greatest Acts Ever..."Highway To Hell" is my favorite "Gospel" song of ALL Time!!!

Gonna miss you Malcom...RIP!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-young-acdc-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-w512164

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.