Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JudyQ ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 07:55PM

I'm half way through the book "The Sins of Brother Curtis" by L. Davis. It's really interesting. I was discussing it with my son who has been inactive for about 10 years. I wanted to know if anyone had done or said anything inappropriate to him at church. He said, "No". But, he distinctly remembers a lesson in which sex abuse in other churches was discussed and the class was told that "that would never happen in this church because Gawd would strike the person dead, because this is the Lord's true church."
What a load a BS! He recalled having about a zillion lessons on the evils of masturbation. He also remembers over-hearing the bishop tell one of the male church members, "Remember, you are not allowed to be around children". WTF, there are so many children in church building on Sundays!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 08:01PM

That is a deeply disturbing book.

Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 08:43PM

I wonder if anyone on the board could hear me laughing hysterically over this. The ignorance of those statements only shows me how utterly stupid some of gawds anointed really are. My father was a serial pedophile and a child rapist yet he survived until he was 89 when he was buried in his temple clothing.
I did not find out about some of his fowl deeds until his death.
He destroyed so many lives.

Hey gawd you missed one

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.