Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 09:41AM

Wondering how fellow RfM'ers are fairing in sunny SoCal with the fires? Is everybody safe?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 10:16AM

Not much here. I was away when the Lilac fire started, it moved away from our place, and the only "adventures" were power off for a couple of days, and putting up two families for two days.

I'm hoping laperla is OK. She dodged the Lilac fire, then headed off to Santa Barbara, which is beginning to burn from the Thomas fire. Out of the frying pan sorta thing. I hope she's OK.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 12:59PM

Utter devastation at Ground Zero for the Thomas Fire. I lost a few items at our place, which in the big picture is OK, because we were off fighting fires and saving people's homes when the fire hit our place.

I call that a decent trade-off.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 02:02PM

CNB, did you lose your home????

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 03:42PM

Nope. Just a couple of antique trucks, which I swear I will restore; they're not totally burned out so I think they be saved. The third one is toast, though--a neat '47 Chevy 1 1/2 ton flatbed--it burned long and hot. A guy on the ranch, however, lost his trailer and his whole workshop when it got too hot to fight the fire.

There, if my COB brother monitors RfM I just gave away my identity. Too effing bad.

Posted by: gallbladderlesslyanon ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 04:06PM

Evidently, I got too damn close to the fire and it impacted my gall bladder, so the fire department had to remove it.

I asked that it be donated to a worthy family in an impoverished nation, but so far I have not received any word of thanks. It was a prime gall bladder, with custom 1st world stones!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.