Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:07PM

“You’re married to your work, not to your wife!”

[Snort] Guess who my wife is married to? :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:10PM

oo! oo! oo!

The church!!!!!!!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:25PM

MIL needs to mind her own business at the very least. She needs to shut the hell up. You're a great person. You do not deserve this rudeness and abuse.

Date: December 17, 2017 06:30PM

Thanks for the very kind words Aquarius!

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 05:50AM

I'll wager, the 'church'/-[her] "work".

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 06:45AM

I won't comment on your marriage and I expect the same consideration from you."

Sheesh!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 06:55AM

I would refer to that as more of an attempted insult.

Successful or not, regardless, it just goes to support one of my major maxims about MORmONS ( that it is impossible to make or keep MORmONS happy)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 07:53AM

I have the perfect gift idea for you to give her for Christmas: (you have to watch the YouTube video to capture the full effect it will have tee hee)

"3. The Nagging Mother-In-Law
One of the most common problems with mother-in-laws are that they often nag, or at least seem like they're nagging when they keep repeating, 'You should do this. You should do that.' This solution is not exactly a gift for your MIL, but one for you! It's the (Laugh Out Loud) LOL Rollover Dog. (Also available in LOL Rollover Monkey and LOL Rollover Pig.) When she starts nagging, get your dog to rollover laughing!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=DujWb1yYUNQ

http://inventorspot.com/articles/mil_41151

Date: December 17, 2017 06:32PM

Hey, I’ll take the beer bong bra! It will be mt inheritance.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:40AM

I would have said “ Everybody has a mistress....”

and watch the wheels turn in her mind.

Gatorman

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 06:50PM

LOL -- yeah, I was thinking the same thing. "I am not married to my job, it is my very demanding mistress." Ha! Watch her head explode.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 10:43AM

“You’re married to your work, not to your wife!”

"Cool- does that mean I can get rid of her without losing 50% of my assets?"

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 10:45AM

This is why i won't be with a mormon woman. Thanks for solidifying this in my mind boner. Married to joseph smith and mormon jesus and the magic underwear. And having the mormon in-laws on top of it.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:03AM

Early in my marriage, my TBM mom called my husband a chauvinist. She was trying to start a fight with him for some weird reason only known to herself. He responded with a big smile saying, Thanks! She had no where to go with that reply and stormed off.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 03:08PM

If you haven't kept up with the latest jargon, call the insultee a "Snowflake".

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:12AM

How many women in the cult (Morg,) complain they are "church widows?" I heard it countless times by wives of husbands who were gone more than they were home due to church callings.

Your MIL can't have it both ways.

Does she want a SIL that supports her daughter and grandchildren?

Or would she rather you were a drunken bum without ambition?

Most people appreciate hard workers. That's one ethical standard that's getting harder and harder to find in this economic climate.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 12:25PM

I could be wrong having escaped any calling... butmy experience has been people find time for what's important to them...having known a few bishops wives...I'd say church was more just an excuse to be somewhere else...I did get the big call to EQP but outright said NO several times regardless of inspiration or prayer...bishops councillor who delivered my great calling was flummoxed and aghast...but but but we prayed about it and everything...I said tough it's still no...he went inactive shortly after and still is....my fault??...no idea

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 12:30PM

Well played.

And an extra dig....
At least I get paid for my work.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 01:40PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 03:10PM

Xactly!

You can't make this stuff up.

Date: December 17, 2017 06:28PM

Thanks everybody! The Matriarch (FIL calls himself the Patriarch and her the Matriarch) has some dementia. I found the comment amusing because she said aloud what has been circulating via the family gossip network.

Of course, if I didn’t exceed at work, the same network would say I was a slacker.

Oh, and after the comment I did purr, “I LOVE my work!” You folks are awesome! The I’m-not-going-to-be-a-slacker Boner :)

Date: December 17, 2017 06:32PM

"I'm a Wacker, not a Slacker!!"
- - BYU Boner, Duke of Wack & Môlê

Date: December 17, 2017 06:47PM

Damn straight, Dawg!

Date: December 17, 2017 08:31PM

We should crash a mormon reception one of these days in street clothes. Not sure where that idea came from but that sounds like a funny time. Old dog, boner, and the badass showing up to crash a wedding reception in our jeans and t-shirts. We'd be called the mormon wedding crashers or something hahaha i don't know why my mind went there.

Date: December 17, 2017 09:22PM

Only if I can wear cutoff jeans, a tie-dyed tee-shirt, and a headband so I can match the Dawg. You, Badass—being the young and hung man you are—will be pimped out to the bridesmaids who desire a real-man experience before the no-sex temple wedding. No excuses, you’d better get STRONG AND PUMPED, no limp dick excuses, I intend to make a lot of money off you!

And don’t give me any shit for expecting something from you. You’ve already given me a lot of friendship and badassness! That’s about all a wanker, like me, really needs.

Date: December 18, 2017 01:25AM

If we all had cut-off jeans and a head band that would be baaaaaadass haha. I will just wear a black t-shirt if that is ok. And i think i can get the little general to be ready we shall see, the meds i am on definitely don't make it easy but it is doable.

Date: December 17, 2017 08:37PM

sorry man, but I don't even own any jeans anymore. It's all golf shorts and golf shirts...

So if I was with you, you two would end up being kicked out, while I would be allowed to stay because of how cute and cuddly I am...

Date: December 17, 2017 09:27PM

I have no respect for a man who doesn’t wear jeans, doesn’t drink beer, or never cusses. Well, except for you Dawg! Hell, I’d even play a round of golf with you. I’ll stop off at the DI and buy me some plaid pants, golf shirt, and a tam. Gotta look the part.

Also, is it true what they say about Dawgs—that they lick their balls because they can?

I love you, Dawg!

Date: December 17, 2017 09:32PM

It's all about appearing well groomed, Boner. Grooming and moisturizing.

Date: December 17, 2017 09:40PM

Moisturizing? Well, I exfoliate, moisturize, and coiff. Abd still, I just get the shaft.

What you listening to? I thought of you last night as I listened to Bach's Christmas Oratorio. I’m also binge listening to Beethoven String Quartet. Have you heard Gustavo conduct?

Golf, beer, and the Philharmonic?

Date: December 17, 2017 09:54PM

My new favourite Beethoven conductor is Igor Markevitch!

He brought the 5th in, in 30 minutes and 59 seconds!

At this moment I'm listening to the 6+ hour Furtwangler-conducted all nine symphonies!

YouTube Red is wonderful.

Date: December 17, 2017 09:47PM

Speaking of mole, have you ever been to the Red Iguana in SLC? Best mole sauce outside Mexico. Three moles slaughtered per serving mixed with chocolate and chilies. Yum!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 12:37AM by BYU Boner.

Date: December 17, 2017 10:18PM

I suppose I'll eventually have to try molê...

Make us a reservation for May 5, 2018, in the mid-afternoon. I'll pay for you, you pay for me. If we start planning now, we can get the whole darn restaurant booked with exmos!

Date: December 18, 2017 01:13AM

Cinco de Mayo at the best Mexical Restaurant north of El Centro? Sure, I’ll start tipping the maitre’d. And, I expect you want a power seat near the big wigs. What I do for friends! Let’s do it, Bro!

Date: December 18, 2017 01:28AM

Maybe the badass can wear golf clothes hahaha i can't even finish that sentence without laughing. Me in golf clothes would be funny as f#ck.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:52PM

Ooh,Mista Kotta, Mista Kotta. She marry her church?

Posted by: fluhist not logged in ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 10:37PM

Oh dear me Boner, you naughty boy you, imagine spending all that time at work (making money no less) when you could be in the temple being bored out of your mind and earning nothing but eternal joy, which will show up sometime I suppose.

I am sure if your wife objects to your working she is a big girl who can voice her problem with you, without MIL sticking her bib in. Seems to me that you are still together (so your communication must be okay at some level - even if MIL does not agree).

HONESTLY!!!!!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 18, 2017 10:37AM

She's just jealous, 'cause her hubby is married to the church, and he doesn't have your well-known "equipment."

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.