Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 02:05AM

Word has it (though unconfirmed) that the LDS Church has made it a prior practice to process temple divorce requests when the requesting party is engaged to be remarried but that the wait has now become so long (reportedly up to six months) that some of those making the petition are going ahead with their remarriage plans and waiting until later to get their temple marriage sealings cancelled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 12:51PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 05:05AM

'What do I deal with every day that causes me to weep sometimes late into the night?'
'In the three years since I was sustained as President of the Church, I believe the saddest and most discouraging responsibility I have each week is the handling of cancellations of sealings.'
(TSM Conf April 2011)

It seems that Mr Monson needs to work harder for the 'stipend' he receives...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 06:05AM

No one is going to get a sealing cancellation unless the woman is already engaged to be remarried. So it's all good.

Tommy needs to put on his big-boy pants and get that rubber stamp moving a little bit faster.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 08:34AM

I was told by two different bishops that I couldn't get a sealing cancelation unless I was engaged and ready to marry another temple-worthy penishood holder. When I was still active that really bothered me. Maybe it's in the new CHI, but it wasn't in the old one. The bishop said it was just church policy. Ya know, another one of those doctrines you can nail down like nailing jello to a wall.

Mind you that a man doesn't have to get a sealing cancelation to remarry and be sealed to another woman, so we're just talking about the women here. Problem with that is that most temple-worthy couples, especially ones who have been married before, are so damn horny, won't have sex before they're married, so many of them meet and are married in just a few weeks. That isn't enough time to get the sealing cancelation.

But it works out good for many of them. My daughter's mother-in-law, a very good-looking woman now in her 50s has done several of these quickie mormon marriages since divorcing the father of her children. Of course, each one is "the" one and they're going to the temple later. But hasn't happened yet and she's out there on the mormon singles market again. It's good that she hasn't had to deal with getting sealing cancelations from any of those guys.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 08:39AM

So much for the fucking bullshit that Tomato Monsoon and Snoozefest Scott gave about marring early, and those fuckheads at TSCC wonder why the number of requests for sealing cancellations are up. They can't see because their heads are up their asses.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:15AM

imalive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They can't see because their heads are up
> their asses.

I believe they can actually see out of their bums.

Problem is they can only see where they have been, not where they are going.

Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 11:31AM

That is what you call getting a plexiglass prosthesis. A square section around the navel is removed and a piece of plexiglass is inserted in its place. That way when your head is up your ass you can see where you're going.

Posted by: Dan ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:42AM

So this may be the case. My wife had just sent in her letter from her ex's bishop asking her about her thoughts on her exhusband. She was truthful, but she laid it on the line about his lack of parenting and his physical abuse.

I don't know if the delay is because of the letter or because of the back-up of temple divorces.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:01AM

The list of what makes your spouse "unworthy" keeps growing while the pressure to have a perfect spouse also keeps growing. So, if your Eternal Mate 1.0 is defective, toss it and get yourself a new one.

Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:28AM

people who probably scream about "big government", but think it's just fine for "Big Brethren" to be in your bed.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 03:03PM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Oh mama thank you!

I keep hearing how the guberment should get out of our pants...but the church, well they can tell us what to lick and what not to lick???????

Honestly even if it wasn't a cult...something is wrong

Posted by: h2 ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 11:25AM

Wonder how many of the original divorces are due to a spouse leaving the church?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 12:53PM

http://2thinkforums.org/anyboard/archive/4735.html
Then they could pay for their mall costs spiraling out of control.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 03:55PM

If the "subject" for a post takes two full lines the odds are 98% the poster is Steve Benson. Brevity is a virtue that he obviously does not understand.

Date: May 31, 2011 03:58PM

Saviorself some grief by not opening them, or better yet by just ignoring them.

Things will be shorter and simpler for you if you do. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 04:04PM by steve benson.

Posted by: blacksheep25 ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 06:06PM

Steve just saying I love your posts. They are so insightful and well documented which I love. Keep up the long subject lines. Btw have you ever written your exit story? I would love to read about how you decided to leave the church.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 06:11PM

Who knew? :)

Date: May 31, 2011 06:19PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.