Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:46PM

church services!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:57PM

I crossed paths with two TBM's earlier today. Both were in tears over this lovely man's passing. I would expect much more of that this Sunday.
I won't be there to verify any of this.

Posted by: scmd not logged in ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:58PM

Hell, yes. It will be testimony meeting for 99% of them (a few may have a ward or stake conference). testimonies as to the goodness of President Monson will likely dominate most of the meetings.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 10:11PM

I'm hoping for 3 hours of Silence, Very Respectful, mind you.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 02:40PM

Not only will they mention it, they will have the chance to mention it on Fast Sunday. Everyone and their 12 kids is going to file up to the stand to mourn the loss of the Beloved Leader. It'll be like a North Korean funeral service...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwz9ajXlRg

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 04:24PM

boarded a cruise ship yesterday afternoon after the announcement. She won't be there to cry at the microphone.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 01:10AM

for the sake of all those who still attend Sunday sacrament meetings -- at least Monson didn't croak until AFTER Fast & Testimonkey meeting!

Can you imagine all the "boo-hoo" tear jerking "testimonies" that would be streaming like hot, watery diarrhea from the pulpit?

It will be bad enough in February, but at least there will be a month for folks to settle down a bit...

Posted by: Scmd not logged in ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 01:49AM

Fast and testimony meeting is typically the first Sunday in a month except when conference(general, stake, or ward,) moves it to the week before. This IS the first Sunday of the month. It will be Fast & Tedtimoney meeting for the vast majority of Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.