Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:30PM

I hate the way the leaders of the church hide behind the word consecrated funds. This is as though NO one can know what they do with them only the Lord as they are Holy.

Recently,

1. Friend and husband, retirees, couldnot manage to make tithing settlement without knocking up credit card. They did it.

2. Daughter and husband, out of work, four children, pay tithing and starve. Rice, rice and more rice.

3. Paid tithing whilst business went down the drain pipe. In fact paid it with our overdraft.

4. Saw an article by a religious group call Mission Australia. It stated that they are totally transparent and the books are open. "All you money is given to those who are homeless".

5. Why do they hide behind this "CONSECRATED FUNDS" deal whilst most other churchs and charities books are audited and transparent.

6. Do you still have friends and family in Kolobia who go without for their "CONSECRATED FUNDS"?

5. When we were young we would go without food and even baby formula but pay out tithing first. Terrified not too, you know burning and all that stuff (Malachi).

6. The big and spacious buillding will now have a big and spacious mall. Members will go to Mormon Mecca and think how beautiful, this must be what the celestial kingdom will be like.
In the middle ages, most great cathedrals were built to control and manipulate. The formula is IMPRESS then SUPPRESS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:49PM

They don't send their money to a corporate headquarters like SL. Those who aren't brainwashed in the Morg cult, would not donate without full disclosure.

1) HOW much money was received.

2) HOW the money was spent.

It is incredibly sad to hear of struggling families forgoing basic necessities to fill the coffers of TSCC, hoping for "blessings". WT? Looks like a huge scam to me... DUPING FOR DOLLARS or DOLLARS for BLESSINGS.

Posted by: tbnomo ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:30AM

My sister's bishop told her he would pay their gas and electricity if they would pay their tithing. She said no thanks, she would rather pay for her own stuff.

She knows for a fact that someone in her ward is getting their mortgage paid by the church.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:38AM

We put tithing on the credit card twice - had to be right with the Lord. We are still paying that blasted card off (although in all fairness, a lot of DH's student expenses went on that card too) But it would have been paid off last year if our tithing money had been used to pay down our student loans/debt instead of going to the Morg.

Recently, DH had his hours cut back at work and we wondered how we'd ever make ends meet but when we did the budget, minus the tithing which we haven't paid this year, we are only a very small amount over budget. We can cut back some more or I can take on about 10 more hours of work at my part-time job and we'll be even. We've worked so hard to make ends meet and pay off our debts and the reason the ends weren't meeting was because of the big, fat tithing in the middle. It's amazing how much farther our money goes now.

I hate how the church doesn't tell where the money goes - and you know how Mormons are. If there is anything to brag about, they are the first ones to toot their own horns. So if the money were being used for good, used honorably, you can bet their books would be open. Heck, they'd probably publish their books in everything from USA Today to the National Enquirer ... if they thought the info would make them look good. Something to think about.

Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 01:08AM

Has anyone noticed how the PR Dept of Kolobia occasionaly picks an extremely high profile cause. Ignores everything else that would day to day relief to the suffering, but loads up a plane when they can look really good. We'll I think we can see through their spin. In my country the Church does Zippo charity work, no food kitchens, no homeless shelters, nothing. It makes me sick when compared to the Salvation Army, Uniting Church, Good Samaritans.

Doesnt it brag about a World Wide Church, So wheres the world wide help. It is not OK to just have Utah based charities. The cant boast about more numbers outside the states and not help. They will pull high profile efforts, but it is less than o.o9% of takings.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.