Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 04:03AM

The mormon church tells us we all are god's children. Even Satan and his followers are our brothers and sisters. We came to this earth because we proved valiant in the battle between our rebellious brothers and sisters. What I don't get is if heaven is supposed to be perfect, how come there was a war there? The Mormon heaven has wars and disfunctional family feuds.

Now we are here to be tested. Oh boy oh joy, if you are born to LDS temple married parents you were really favored by god. So the Mormon god plays favorites.

Then we need to be sealed to each other to be a family. This sealing costs 10% of your gross income and signing your entire life away to the church so you can be sealed to a certain number of people when according to church doctrine, everyone on earth are your brothers and sisters anyways. If we are already brothers and sisters and our glory in the next life is dependent on our performance here, why the need for the sealing mumbo jumbo? Oh I get it, another control mechanism to make you pay the church and give it control over you and your family.

Then after all this temple marriage/sealing mumbo jumbo you get to thinking. Do you really want to be stuck with these people forever? The universe is a mighty big place, wouldn't you rather end the game played here and start new relationships with other people in the next life? Heaven to me is variety. It seems to me if everyone is perfect anyways why the need for the family unit in heaven? It would just be funner to be lovers but then if you think about it, you would be having sex with your sisters and brothers. If you are temple married, you married your sister and brother. It's all incest in the Mormon heaven.

The whole Mormon eternal family thing makes no sense. It's too limited for the ever expanding universe and god. What's funny is the whole thing is geared on paying a tax free organization some notes printed by a private central bank than print them out of nothing. Basically the only thing that gives the US Dollar or any other fiat currency it's value is there are enough idiots around that will accept it as a trade for a tangible good or services rendered. So by saying God wants your money is the same thing as saying God is an idiot, just like the dumb people here who trade hours of their life and real assets for some pieces of paper. Well God wants that worthless paper in exchange for a temple recommend and everything else you have or will have to marry your brother or sister so you can be eternally sealed together in a heaven where everyone is family anyways. In short, what's the point? I have to pay a lot of money and waste my life so I can be eternally married to my sister? Sounds like hell to me.

If anything, the Mormon God is as greedy and stupid and Mormon heaven is one big disfunctional family who marry and have sex with each other. Not only that, one of your brothers can be married to several of your sisters at one time. My question is how many can you have? If one has more than the other it's not fair. What happens if we both want the same sister? Is that what sets off those heavenly wars? Basically, why waste your life here busting your butt to earn something that is not that great in the first place. The problem with Mormonism is it's product totally sucks.

Also, lets say you married a dark skinned woman in the temple because you just had a fetish for dark skinned women. You were hot for her sexually because of her looks and then you loved her personality, got married, you are happy and then in the next life, she turns white. I don't know Haile Barry looks better dark than she would pale skinned but in the Mormon heaven everyone is white and delightsome whatever that means.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 04:35AM

>>>>>>>>>> Also, lets say you married a dark skinned woman in the temple because you just had a fetish for dark skinned women. You were hot for her sexually because of her looks and then you loved her personality, got married, you are happy and then in the next life, she turns white. I don't know Haile Barry looks better dark than she would pale skinned but in the Mormon heaven everyone is white and delightsome whatever that means.<<<<<<<<<<<

This dark skinned woman agrees with you are eternal families sounding like hell.

This dark skinned woman also finds some your language strange

Fetish for dark skin...[I have a thing for words and connotations]

I mean fetish? fetish |ˈfeti sh |
noun
• a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc. : Victorian men developed fetishes focusing on feet, shoes, and boots.

You see how that comes across as well..condescending?

I am just going to leave the rest out cause images of plantations are conjured up when you talk about sexual attraction then personality.

IDK

Just saying!

I see your point :) And I ain't mad acha!

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 04:58AM

is that the Churchco leaders have always taught that the "most valiant" and high-ranking (they love rankings) spirits in the pre-existence have been reserved for the last of the latter days. But, logically, in the patriarchal hierarchy of eternal families, this means that they will be SEALED into eternal families as children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and so on, of much less valiant pre-existence spirits. There were those who sat on the fence and then those who only got off the fence at the two minute warning at the close of the war in heaven. Maybe great, great, great grand-daddy was a slacker who just barely got his butt off the fence before the final bell, but in the eternal patriarchal hierarchy he'll be your boss forever. ;o)

Date: June 01, 2011 05:07AM

and nothing other than the desire to express love and creativity in all of its forms, there is absolutely no need for a rigid system of patriarchy and separate family groups. Why shouldn't there be free associations.

It's pretty clear that Mormon doctrine was designed to play on the fears of mortal humans, who, among other things, feared the death and loss of mortal family members. The "sealing" doctrine vaguely appears to offer comfort. But when you really think about it, it doesn't kick in until the afterlife, where everybody is immortal and the only reason for separation would be due to an a**hole god forcing people apart or due to voluntary separation. So it's a remedy that really doesn't fix anything at all.

Mormonism had to invent the problem (i.e. eternal separation due to an act of God) so that it can sell you its cure (i.e., God's special, handy-dandy sealing service).

Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:44PM

I was pretty happy when I realized that I wouldn't have to be forever with DH after leaving TSCC. Love the guy, but I don't think I could do forever with him lol.

AIC: I think he's just stating that he's attracted to dark skinned women, nothing wrong with that. Just using fancy words :)

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:51PM

How can you be sealed to your children and live with them eternally unless they stay eternally children? That would be hell.

If they become adults and gods of their own worlds, then how are you with them eternally?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2011 12:52PM by dr5.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 04:20PM

Hey, I didn't know you were acquainted with my Nazi MORmON male parent. Being in a family with him was Hell and being in a MORmON family would be an eternal Hell.

>Basically, why waste your life here busting your butt to earn >something that is not that great in the first place. The >problem with Mormonism is it's product totally sucks.

One of the big mental mileposts in realizing that I did not believe in MORmONISM was settling on the realization that even if there was a MORmON Heaven, I did not want to go/be there with all the GD MORmONS.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 06:12PM

None of it makes any sense. My father was lamenting once (before he died) about how he grieves because we won't be in the CK together because I quit the church.

I looked at him and asked...."If I go to the telestial kingdom because I'm bad, and you go to the celestial kingdom because you're good....and my being separarted from you is my punishment for rejecting the church....how is the same separation not punishment for you? You are just as separated from me as I am from you, so how can that be punishment for me and a reward for you?"

I got his typical deer in the headlights look, heard a few crickets chirp, and then he went into bearing his testimony about how the church was true.

Weak, manipulative, pathetic!

Date: June 01, 2011 10:07PM

CK Resident 1: "Hey, I think I'll pop down to the Telestial Kingdom Trailer Park and visit some of our less faithful kids."

CK Resident 2: "Hold on a minute! What makes you think you can do that?"

CK Resident 1: "Hey we can go anywhere now. We're immortal. We're poweful beings."

CK Resident 2: "But there's one more powerful and he says no visits, no way, no how. He wants complete eternal separation."

CK Resident 1: "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that rule. But now that we're here. It really doesn't make any sense. Why does God so hate the idea of us visiting our less faithful loved ones? Didn't Jesus go hang out in the spirit prison for a while?"

CK Resident 2: "It has something to do with that 10% temple tax scheme that he likes to operate on all of his worlds. He feels like if he makes an exception for anyone, he'll have to make an exception for everyone--and then nobody will want to pay 10% of their income to him. And you really don't want to interfere with one of God's income-generating businesses. You know how much he likes money. Go ahead and try visiting the Telestial Trailer Park. You'll probably never be allowed back in the CK."

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 09:01PM

12 shunning me has been a living hell. I don't want to be with those kinds of persons anywhere, even heaven.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 09:43PM

Why are they shunning you>

The ship is about to sink.

Article in June Ensign is pay your tithes...ha ha ha it is finished!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 10:26PM

I completely agree, especially if your parents were abusive or neglectful, or you married someone who was abusive. Then, the thought of spending eternity with abusive people is hell. At least, it is to me.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 10:34PM

I thought those in the CK could visit the lower kingdoms. Those in the trailer park couldn't visit the higher kingdoms though. Personally, I have relatives I barely see in this life. Why would I want to spend eternity with them? Most of them are nice enough, but we have absolutley no common interests or anything to talk about. We would be bored to tears after a week together.I prefer to have a choice on who I see.

Date: June 01, 2011 11:22PM

that presents another odd kink in this odd Mormon doctrine. If the faithful CK inhabitants can visit their less faithful family members at any time in the Telestial/Terrestrial Trailer Park sections of heaven, then there really is no "eternal separation" for them to worry about. I guess from the perspective of the CK people, it's sad that their less-faithful family members can't enjoy the finer facilities, swimming pools and jacuzzis available in the Celestial Heights Country Club and can't dine in the Members Only Restaurant, but that's nothing to get too broke up over. (I'm also pretty sure that they'll eventually set up a "visitor's pass" system for well-behaved trailer park spirits to come in as visitors accompanied by card-carrying, handshake-qualified CK members.)

And from the perspective of the spiritual trailer park people, any CK family members who genuinely love you will pop in for regular visits. And if you have CK family members who never visit, that probably means they never cared that much about you anyway, so there's no point in getting depressed because you can't see them.

So I guess it all works out in a weird Mormonoidally correct way.

Posted by: blacksheep25 ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 11:36PM

The Mormon idea of heaven has always bothered me as well even as a TBM. When my little brother died, the thing that bothered me the most was that he wouldn't be happy in heaven. None of his family and friends are there. Also what teenage boy wants to "teach the people in the other side of the veil the truthfulness of the gospel for his eternity". Weird thing to get upset about, but it really bothered me. Not to mention the idea of polygamy. I don't want to share my husband. I guess now I think if there is a heaven, God will have a much better idea of heaven then Joseph Smith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2011 11:38PM by blacksheep25.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 11:36PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.