Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 09:31AM

2011 EXmormon parties in Northern California this summer. Jerry the Aspousetate

Our 3 summer parties will be the same dates and same times. The Lafayette dinner on Saturday June 25th will be at Petar’s.

I need to hear from you if you are going to either of the two restaurants to confirm the number of attendees in a reservation. twentyhundred12@aol.com
For the Hotel Utah Saloon just show up.

For those of you who have never attended:
There is no agenda and there are no speeches. Just hours of Morg-bashing, eating, drinking and violations of the Word of Wisdumb.

All events start at 5:30 PM in the bar.

SATURDAY JUNE 25th 5:30 PM (Last Saturday in June each year.)
PETAR’S
32 Lafayette Circle
Lafayette, CA
925-284-7117
(In Contra Costa County take the central Lafayette exit off Highway 24. It’s a couple of blocks south of the freeway. Behind the Roundup Saloon where you can drink if you happen to show up a few hours early by mistake.
http://petars.com/

SUNDAY JULY 24th 5:30 PM (Utah Pioneer Day – Each year on the exact day no matter what day of the week.)
Hotel Utah Saloon
500 4th Street (at Bryant)
San Francisco, CA
415-546-6300
Good bar snacks, sandwiches, nachos, etc.
Most years at 9 PM live music starts for a cover charge and some EXmos who aren’t talked out by then stay for that.
http://www.thehotelutahsaloon.com/calendar.php

SATURDAY AUGUST 20th 5:30 PM
Centro Cocina Mexicana
2730 J Street
Sacramento, CA
916-442-2552
http://www.paragarys.com/go/prg/locations/centro/

FOR MORE INFORMATION/DIRECTIONS: TWENTYHUNDRED12@AOL.COM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmoinaz ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 11:22PM

Less than a week away for Petar's! Looking forward to seeing plenty of friendly faces.

Thanks for organizing Jerry!

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 11:55PM

I would love to go to all 3, but I'm worried about revealing my identity.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 12:38AM

will keep your secrets to the grave. We've been where you are--and in fact, many of us are still there.

Date: June 20, 2011 12:48AM

I think I'm more worried about running into people I might know, & that might know me & my family. It's complicated.

Date: June 20, 2011 12:48AM

Date: June 20, 2011 11:12PM

So you're worried about the Exmos, not about being seen with the Exmos by Mormons? We're harmless, I assure you. :) Don't know your situation, but Exmos are generally very understanding of privacy concerns and avoiding gossip. Really hope we don't keep you away.

I grew up here in the Bay Area and it can actually be really fun finding common connections with Exmos. It is something familiar even when we're on new journeys.

-Steve

Date: June 25, 2011 10:31AM

Go to the bar and check out the EXmos to see if you know any of them. There will be 22 of us back at a corner table on the right as you go in. We'll be pretty hard to miss. We'll be the ones violating the Word of Wisdumb. I'll be the one in the red Nephite #1 t-shirt.

If you don't see anyone you know just take off your fake beard and join us!

5:30 tonight 6/25 at Petar's.

Pay Lay Alol

Posted by: Sally ( )
Date: June 23, 2011 03:10PM

I hope you're from the old Oakland-Berkeley Stake...we'll really rip things up! I know where all the bodies are buried on temple hill...

peace out...sal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 03:13PM by sally.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 12:50PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:27PM

i have only met Puck and flattopSF IRL..... talk to the old geezer once in a while too!! :) and where is Puck???!!!

Posted by: DataHavok ( )
Date: June 22, 2011 04:17PM

I may be going to the Lafayette and San Francisco events. Sacramento is a bit far for me.

I used to be on this board quite a bit from 1998 to 2001, went to the X2K convention in Vegas and sent in my exit letter in 2000 (but under a different name... "Will you tell it to me? I will, through the veil" -- snicker).

I'm going through some unexpected life changes, and trying to rebuild a sense of connection, peace and permanence in my life. Would love to see any old faces or meet new ones :-)

--DH

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 22, 2011 06:15PM

Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: June 22, 2011 08:39PM

Wish we could join you all and catch up with the Bay Area Exmo crowd. Too bad the commute from FL is just a tad too long.

Date: June 22, 2011 09:51PM

Posted by: Sally ( )
Date: June 23, 2011 03:04PM

Hi Jerry...

Please save Mrs. Gaffer and me a spot at Petar's this Sat.

DM passed away this year, so we will be pleased to introduce all to Carolyn and Greg!

Best Regards...

peace out...sal (old hobbits die hard!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 03:07PM by sally.

Date: June 23, 2011 09:45PM

Multiple personalities are always fun.

Just kidding!

Pay Lay Alol

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: June 25, 2011 10:58AM

Tonight my oldest is up for the weekend from So Cal and he is doing to improv shows with his Gentlemen Impovisors troupe. It has been fun to listen to his stories of making connections and playing technology Geek for the rich and famous. He goes back to Glendale on Sunday and helps train the new Pom Store. It's so nice to see my pup flourish considering our humble start as a single parent home. How my family was unsupportive so I could feel the consequences of my decision to leave the church. Instead we held our ground and my scrappy pup fought the odds and he has been living on his own. supporting himself for 3 years now. Most other kids I know his age are still dependence and lack ambition.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: June 25, 2011 01:34PM

Sorry that we can't be there. DH has been sick the last couple of days and although somewhat better today, still isn't up for the trip. I will miss sitting in on all the wit and wisdom of the exmos--again.

Fingers crossed for Pioneer day at Hotel Utah.

Date: June 25, 2011 02:34PM

You're in our thoughts.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 25, 2011 03:15PM

Date: June 25, 2011 03:55PM

I think Jerry will be there, though I probably won't be able to make it.

We'll miss you tonight but send our best.

Date: July 15, 2011 08:25AM

Looking forward to the Hotel Utah next week! First we have to make it through a trip to Utah, so I'll definitely be ready for a couple drinks when we get back. Wish us luck.

See you all at the Saloon!

Date: July 15, 2011 08:55AM

I usually celebrate leaving Zion on the evening I enter into Nevada. I've learned to love that state!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.