Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:29AM

Those stories made me dislike him even more,and the rest of the GA's are just like him, IMO. My co worker had told us about the time when Monson went to pick up a prescription refill at a pharmacy where my co worker's friend worked as a pharmacy tech. The prescription wasn't quite ready, and Monson got very angry and threw a hissy fit at the tech. When the prescription was ready, he grabbed it and stormed out of the pharmacy. That was over the weekend when he was made prez of the church. The following week,he did go back to that pharmacy and apologized to the tech, but I think it was to make himself look good. The tech told my co worker, that if it weren't for her strong testimony, she would've left the church. I hope she has left since then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ANN77 ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:52PM

The same feeling on stories!

How about that story from NYT "BYUgrad1992 Salt Lake City 6 hours ago

"50 plus years of service to his fellow man as a church volunteer". Oh, please. If you believe that one, I've got some prime ocean front property for sale just this side of Vegas! $120+k a year "living stipend" from the time you are appointed to the quorum of the 70 to death, free tuition for kids and grandkids at BYU, cars, drivers, airfare, travel expenses, housing, gardeners, maids, healthcare, in-home health assistance, expense accounts, etc. Sign me up for some of this "volunteering"! For a man that spent most of his life "in the service of the church ", he didn't seem to make out too bad. If you doubt this, just look at some of the real estate tax records in Utah for the "volunteers" of this "church". Not much different then your run of the mill televangelist, they're just not as flashy and hide assets better with their shell companies".

2Recommended
Our Obituaries Editor on Coverage of Former Mormon Leader Thomas Monson https://nyti.ms/2Fpbrvf

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 09:08PM

More to be found here in archived content:

http://archive.li/E1mJy

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 09:20PM

My youngest and TBMest sister wanted to shake Monson's hand at a BYU game. He wasn't president at the time, but he was an aposthole. His bodyguards wouldn't let her near him. My father bragged that the man's life must be in danger to have that level of protection. You can fool some of the people all of the time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.