Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 07:36PM

Here I go. I've posted this before, btw.

So when is the second coming, you might be wondering. Well it won't happen until a significant world event happens.

Daniel 7 in the OT, and Revelations 13-18 in the NT, have essentially the same prophesy. In Revelations, the symbolism is actually explained.

So a whore sitting on a beast with seven heads and 10 horns comes out of the ocean. Another small beast appears and subdues 3 horns (wounds one head) He (the Antichrist) then install the mark of the beast in your hand or forehead (666) and runs the world for a time, times and the dividing of a time (42 months, or 3 1/2 years)

Rev. Says that the whore is a city, a new Babylon. The 7 heads are the 7 mountains (probably means Continents) the 10 horns are 10 world leaders.

So, imo, the world is going to congregate into 10 trading empires. Think of the leverage of 10 empires of a billion people, vs 180 small countries. For example, China with terrible human rights and labour laws and environmental practices, is taking over the world economy. To counter the low cost of their exports because of their practices, countries will have to band together to pressure China on environmental and labour practices.

Hence the 10 empires on 7 continents, run from a city ( the whore). Then on one head (one continent) 3 "horns" will be wounded (possible war) and taken over by one man, the Antichrist.

I think it will be Asia, and he will then take over the whole world Pires, from the world governing city, perhaps Dubai, and institute the mark of the beast. And run the world for 3 1/2 years, and kill Christians (Christian martyrs)

If you get the Mark, you have sided with Satan and are not written in the Lambs book of Life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 07:50PM

It's The Book of Revelation, not Revelations.

And other than "beast" symbols to represent kingdoms (and different ones at that), Daniel 7 and Rev. 13-18 are fundamentally different -- not the "same prophecy" (Daniel 7, written by an anonymous author/authors around the 2nd century BCE, refers to past/present "kingdoms," including the then-ruling-Palestine Seleucids under Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the motivator of the Maccabean revolt; Revelation refers to then-ruling-Palestine Rome).

You can, of course, believe what you like.
I'll just point out that for some 1800 years, believers have been "interpreting" Revelation to have meaning for their own times, and they were all wrong. Might want to learn something from that history...:)

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:07PM

Revelation is attributed to the apostle John while in exile at Patmos if I recall correctly.

Anytime I have ever read it, I could never help but think that a)he was on sort of mind altering drug or drunk out of his skull

Or

b) had some sort of mental illness that made his hallucinate. Hell, maybe he had some form of dementia. My step-father (RIP) had alzheimers and let me tell ya, some of his hallucinations were really weird.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:20PM

angela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Revelation is attributed to the apostle John while
> in exile at Patmos if I recall correctly.

Traditionally, yes.
Modern scholarship...no.

There's another possibility for the author's wacky prose (other than on drugs or drunk or mental illness): code.

It's a diatribe against then-not-friendly-to-christians Rome, and the christians who wanted to find accommodation with Rome. Writing it in "code" let it get wide circulation among the christians of the time without it being seen by the Roman authorities as literally "anti-government." Its style, alluding to OT "apocalyptic" literature like Daniel, could have also made it more acceptable as a genuine "vision" to its audience.

Me, I agree with Martin Luther (and that almost never happens!), who in 1522 called it, "...neither apostolic nor prophetic." :)

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:14PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> angela Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Revelation is attributed to the apostle John
> while
> > in exile at Patmos if I recall correctly.
>
> Traditionally, yes.
> Modern scholarship...no.
>
> There's another possibility for the author's wacky
> prose (other than on drugs or drunk or mental
> illness): code.
>
> It's a diatribe against
> then-not-friendly-to-christians Rome, and the
> christians who wanted to find accommodation with
> Rome. Writing it in "code" let it get wide
> circulation among the christians of the time
> without it being seen by the Roman authorities as
> literally "anti-government." Its style, alluding
> to OT "apocalyptic" literature like Daniel, could
> have also made it more acceptable as a genuine
> "vision" to its audience.
>
> Me, I agree with Martin Luther (and that almost
> never happens!), who in 1522 called it,
> "...neither apostolic nor prophetic." :)

Oh very interesting! Thanks Hie

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:27PM

The world will end in about 4 billion years, when the sun supernovas and expands to subsume the solar system. Until that time, we humans need to figure out how to survive in a world with no god, no savior, no knight in shining armor to rescue us from ourselves. Please, everybody- grow up and face reality.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:38PM

This is so accurate, it's scary. Trump has had many whores. He comes from that satanic city. There's a reason he has an impenetrable weave of defense on his head- so we can't see the 666. Damn it. I didn't think the world was this close to the end. I just ordered new leaf springs for my vintage Corvette. Shit!

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 12:47PM

You know, it is ok to open your mind, than critique.

Explain this

For 3.5 years you can't buy or sell without the mark of the Beast, with the #666. Clearly, the one world govt seeks to control through the ability to buy and sell. The mark in your forehead or hand is a microchip. Do as we say or you can't buy or sell. We can GPS track you. Go to a Christian Church and you can't buy or sell.

40 years ago, microchips, GPS...were SciFi fare, now everyone has a smart phone.

And everything in the Bible is about numerology. Jesus was allowed to run his ministry for 3.5 years, and it would only be 3.5 years, because the opposite, the Antichrist will have the same opportunity and time frame.

7 is God's number, it is completion. 8 is a new beginning, hence baptism is at 8 years, circumcision was a 8 days, 8 people were saved in the flood. 6 is Satan's number, because it is incomplete, a fraud. So 666 is the most evil number.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.