Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:32PM

Because Trump's racism rings a bell with them. The fact that he's cheated on all 3 wives may actually be an attraction and remind them of Joseph Smith. Bottom line, Trump is a racist adulterer, just like Smith and Young.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 10:31PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because Trump's racism rings a bell with them. The
> fact that he's cheated on all 3 wives may actually
> be an attraction and remind them of Joseph Smith.
> Bottom line, Trump is a racist adulterer, just
> like Smith and Young.

Probably. That and he's their best bet to fulfill their doomsday prophecies because he's the most likely to push the big red, "God Help Us" button.

Date: January 15, 2018 10:36PM

Link that stat together with the fact that Mormons gathered 130,000 signatures on a petition in 24hrs to coerce the NYT to rewrite their beloved bigot PRofit's obituary and what do you get?
NYT saying, We realize you've got an agenda, but we can't bend to that.
NYT is probably the biggest enemy of Donald Trump.
Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 07:35PM

I would not be in a line-up to support him, at all, ever, for myriad reasons.

However.

Is it a fact that it's "all three wives" that he cheated on? I thought just two (which is plenty bad enough obviously). But in the interests of being factual, I'm asking the question. I haven't heard that it's all three. In fact, I don't hear it talked about much at all. (I guess it depends which airwaves you're listening to).

I am indeed transfixed at all the Christians (and Mormons) giving their support. On the face of it you wouldn't think they would support the values displayed (or lack thereof especially in the realm of proven adultery).

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 08:19PM

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:43PM

Trump always wears a white shirt in his suits.

Trump has never had facial hair, and will not hire anyone with faicial hair (slight exception in Sarah Huckabee Sanders)

Talking points are always more important than truth to Trump and mormons.

Trump claims to not drink alcohol.

Trump claims to have extreme wealth. Mormons worship those with wealth.

Trump’s real estate has cheap facades, appearing as high quality displays of wealth. Kinda like mormon temples.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:45PM

All good points. However;
"Trump has never had facial hair, and will not hire anyone with faicial hair (slight exception in Sarah Huckabee Sanders)"

Awesome!!!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:44PM

he has an R behind his name.

Posted by: windyway ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 02:20PM

Why do Mormons support him the most, though? Are they really the most partisan Republicans, or is it something more?

Personally, I think Mormons are more skilled at holding the dissonance in favor of loyalty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 02:20PM by windyway.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:50PM

Donald gets away with cheati g suppliers & contractors

Date: January 15, 2018 02:19PM

I think Mormons (and Evangelicals to a slightly lesser extent) overlook his faults because he is a means to an end. He was the most likely to bring the "Culture War" to a final, long prophesized end. Unfortunately for humanity, they might just get their Doomsday dreams realized, sooner than later.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 11:07PM

"authoritarian" types.

As my hyper-authoritarian mother used to say when I would argue with her about some dumb-@ss order she had given me, "All I want to hear from you is, when I say 'jump,' you say 'how high?' while you're on the way up."

She was an Army officer during WWII. That bark-n-drill kind of life suited her very well. She never transitioned well to being a civilian.

Mormons respond well to "authoritarian" types of leaders. I think that's why they like the Orange One. He barks out orders, the Sheeple follow. It's the natural order of things for them.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 11:08PM

Because that is as high as they can get.

That's pretty low.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 11:42PM

It's the miracle of the gullibles. I have never seen a people so enamored of fraud. They just love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 11:58PM by donbagley.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 11:28AM

I do think you hit the nail on the head. That mindset really appeals to mormons. I'm kinda looking forward to the new show in town, Romney v. Trump. If Romney runs for Borin Orrin's seat, he wins. Will he or won't he hold Trump's feet to the fire? And if he does, where will that take the mormon love affair with Trumpie? Only the shadow knows.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 01:35AM

Similar personalities

Posted by: Anonymous1234 ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 06:49AM

I would have voted for Elmer Fudd if necessary, to keep Hillary out of the White House. You don't have to be a member of the church to see it that way.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 07:18PM

Perhaps you did

Posted by: Anonymous1234 ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 07:50AM

Ever want to see millions of liberals explode with rightous indignation worthy of any TBM who's religion has just been insulted? Here's how: Trump should ask the Federal Communications Commission to Fine CNN one thousand dollars per incident, for CNN's 195 uses in one day of the word "shithole" in one day (195 in one day?, obscene under any circumstances, right?). Then when they call foul, Trump would say "when the president says it, it's not illegal".

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 10:48AM

Anonymous1234 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever want to see millions of liberals explode with
> rightous indignation worthy of any TBM who's
> religion has just been insulted? Here's how: Trump
> should ask the Federal Communications Commission
> to Fine CNN one thousand dollars per incident, for
> CNN's 195 uses in one day of the word "shithole"
> in one day (195 in one day?, obscene under any
> circumstances, right?). Then when they call foul,
> Trump would say "when the president says it, it's
> not illegal".

Much like HBO, CNN is on cable or satellite. They are not broadcast through the free public airwaves.

They can use any language they want, and even show boobies.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 11:08AM

I cannot figure it out either. Most of my highly educated Mormon family support Trump. I really think it comes down to their addiction to Fox News. That is all they watch and listen to.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 12:54PM

Because by being brain washed mormons , they'll accept any

piece of crap that comes their way... after all, he represents

everything the church stands for..... racial purity being one .

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 06:59PM

Because birds of a feather flock together.

Because flies love sh*t

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 07:12PM

Read here about authoritarian personalities and the people who like to follow them. This explains a lot.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 04:11PM

It's hard to put my finger on this, but Mormons and other conservative white Christian religious types seem to have spent the Obama years under a siege mentality.

The world they had known seemed to be getting turned on its head. Same gender marriages were now legal in the U.S. The white portion of the population was in decline relative to other races. Younger people were not interested in fundamentalist religion and charismatic charlatans anymore. Deep resentment made them a little cooky--even to the point of supporting Trump.

I think (and hope I'm right about this) that the Trump presidency is a last gasp, desperate, Battle of the Bulge type attempt to entrench the interests of declining industries, religions, regions, and races. That's why they are raiding the store with a mad rush to entrench all kinds of legislative and regulatory changes without much regard for even getting what they aimed at doing right.

LDS Inc. is just another one of these sinking ships in American society. Their big secrets have been revealed online, and they are shedding core members. But, like many of the others backing Mr. Trump they have a great deal of money, and entrenched power, and they intend to use it.

I hope this is just a looting episode, and we'll be able to clean up the store afterward--but it's a big mess. If we can't turn this around soon, we may be headed for a dark age.

Posted by: Anonymous989 ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 05:50PM

I thought we had all evolved past black and white thinking after finding out way out of the Mormon church?

Maybe they just enjoy a booming economy, solid jobs, and reduced regulations among other things. Na, who wants that, all President Trump supporters must be pure evil who just want to watch the world burn. Ya that must be it /s

Posted by: Celestine ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 09:15PM

This thread makes me sad. There’s a rational discussion about the question raised, then there’s also political pro-trump venom that gets nasty and personal. Have an opinion, but let’s leave personal attacks to the GAs against us.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.