Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 10:12PM

From time to time people will wonder aloud about the involvement of the LDS church in this or that business enterprise. Just for the record, the church does not own any grocery stores, or car dealerships or any other retail establishment. They used to, back in the ZCMI days. They own Deseret Industries. They own real estate, and they have plenty of investment instruments, whcih may or may not include owning stock in some retail firms. But they do not outright own any of them.Certainly lots of those are owned by people who claim membership in the church, but that's different.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 10:25PM

It's a downright shame that they don't own Ty-D-Bol.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 10:35PM

Zion’s Bank??

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:17PM

Zions Bancorporation is a publically traded company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zions_Bancorporation

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 04:06PM

Thanks, I wasn’t sure.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:35PM

The church owns several businesses through its holding company, Deseret Management. Among them are Bonneville International, which in turn owns some subsidiary companies; Deseret Book; Hawaii Reserves; and Utah Property Management, which I think also owns some companies or at least some big assets.

As for retail, Deseret Book and the newspaper are definitely retail. I think the radio stations owned by a subsidiary of Bonneville may count as retail, too; and some of the holdings of the real estate companies are apartment buildings and possibly the mall.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:37PM

Only the current and former presiding bishops know for sure.

Remember there are vast overseas opportunities too.

I bet they oen Bitcoin!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 12:09AM

--Real estate. Besides vast holdings all over the world, LDS, Inc owns many apartment buildings near temples, and in major cities. Virtually all the couples missionaries I have known, had to pay rent and live in a church-owned apartment building. Temple presidents, temple workers, temple builders and repairers, etc., all pay rent to LDS, inc. Crummy apartments, at a marked-up rent. Some senior missionaries wanted to live better, less over-priced places, but the cult said no. There are several apartment buildings behind temple square in SLC, which the church rents to LDS students. Plus, all those temple-view posh apartments in City Creek.

--I'm sure the stores in City Creek Mall pay LDS, Inc. a percentage lease.

--I don't know into what category the various "hunting preserves" would fall into. How about the entire city of Laie, and its profit-making Polynesian Cultural Center, which charges admission, but is staffed by volunteers and more of those couples missionaries I was talking about.

--Education is big business, and BYU, BYU-I, the school in Virginia, the school in St. George bring in profits.

--Amalgamated Sugar (U&I) is owned by LDS, Inc. They supply sugar for Coca Cola Co., and Pepsico, and Anhauser Busch (Budweiser) before Germany bought out Busch. Maybe they still do. I don't know.

--Of course, everyone knows that the Mormon church owns the largest beef ranch in Florida, largest in Utah, and also the second largest in all of Canada. They own large cattle ranches in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and all over the US.

--LDS, Inc. owns Meat brokering firms, I don't know the names, to broker meat to McDonald's, Burger King.

--Utah Construction Co. My uncle was high up in that company, but it has changed names several times since. Other construction companies are owned by GA family members, and there has always been great suspicion regarding bids, etc. After all, How could GBH be so far off in his announced cost of building that mall--off by a couple of billion dollars? Someone should look into why the marble walls of some of the McTemples are failing, all at once. Poor materials, shoddy labor.

--Just how much of Sinclair Oil did TSCC own? How much of Standard Oil does it own? We'll never know!

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 03:55AM

The church is nothing, so, it owns (up to) nothing. It will never amount or admit to anything.

Date: January 18, 2018 03:56AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 05:51AM

For one thing, just to get started, when "THE" Utah Larry Very Dead Miller family trust recently (FINALLY OPENLY) turned over control of THE "Utah" Jazz to a corporate board with the stated main objective of making sure that "THE" Utah Jazz NEVER leaves "THE" State of "Utah" it was a dead give about who REALLY owns "THE" Jazz....... for those who had not been able to figure it out with all of the other blatant signs up to that point.

So before you go any further sticking up for (LD$ inc's) THE church and telling everyone all about how effectively that (LD$ Inc's) THE (MORmON) church con, scam and shell game works on you, you need to tell every one all about how many other NBA teams or any pro sport team for that matter are similarly locked into their current home base residency and exactly what facilitates that arrangement, or you can just go on sounding like a real MORmON, one who believes David Bednar when he says that LDS inc is not a corporation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

and funny thing, The MORmON church was started as a corporation on day one April 6 1830.

In the mean time, I am going to continue to assert that when a person buys a car from the Larry Very Dead Miller business group that they are essentially buying it from THE (MORmON) church scam, because LD$ Inc IS the thing that really created and pumped up the Miller Business Group into what it is today. LD$ is so good at money laundering that it makes the drug cartels and the mafia green with envy...... but hey, if any of those (OTHER) criminal enterprises need some ASSistance in sheltering their funds then LD$ inc could probably help them out, for a "small" fee.

JUST REMEMBER !!! LD$ INC is currently doing a BERNIE MADOFF LEVEL OF SCAM EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Very Dead Miller told people that he believed in the "principle" of paying tithing for good reason, since tithing had created the the (financial) "principal" that had so abundantly blessed up his life. OF course (scum bag) Profit Gordon BS Hinckley is grateful for tithing too!!!!!! and IF you do not pay up Jesus is going to incinerate you !!! (IN any other context that would be criminal extortion) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xaYMdHNILw

It has been very amusing to me and others, that as LD$ Inc banking connections through the Mack family were even lightly exposed right here and in other public places relative to the construction of Sin City Las Vegas Nevada, SOMEHOW the internet was scrubbed of all of the references that bore out those connections. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????

I am currently in a Face Book war with my faith FOOL MORmON family trying to point out the galactic contrast between my dirt poor faith FOOL MORmON grandparents who gave up so much of their so very little to their (filthy foul dirty corrupt) beloved MORmON church in the interest of helping out MORmON Jesus and the greedy blood sucking MORmON ASSpostHOLES who they revered.

When I think of how modestly that my MORmON grandparents lived and the outlandish opulence and extravagance manifested at CCC Mall, it ticks me off.

I have to approach the matter from the back side, by playing along with My family's brain dead "Geeeee, Awwwww, Shucks" wannabe salt of the earth country DUMB kin Bump kins that just know that their beloved THE (MORmON) church just could not be a big time LYING and Swindling Profit based and motivated financial institution /operation "BECAUSE" they as good MORmON members certainly do not operate that way, because they are honest JUST AS THE church tells them to be !!!! ......THAT due to the wonderful godly influence of MORmONISM on their lives. IN their simpleton MORmON minds that benevolent JUST DO WITH OUT /Sacrifice for the lord MORmON influence could only (supposedly) only be even more concentrated and pronounced on the likes of their (filthy disgusting) MORmON leaders that are really robbing them blind in the name of MORmON Jesus, so ironically Blind enough that they just can not really see how they are being robbed. I have to take the back side approach, to see if I can out MORmON /out stupid them, because they just can not get the message as it is posed to them directly. What bunch of MORmONS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxlQ68tIpc

.....any way thanks for coming in here and sticking up for THE church!!!! ASSpostHOLE Bednar really appreciates it !!! Oh and have you been to tithing settlement yet??????????

Posted by: Bart Starr ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 08:18PM

>So before you go any further sticking up for (LD$ inc's) THE church and telling everyone all about how effectively that (LD$ Inc's) THE (MORmON) church con, scam and shell game works on you, you need to tell every one all about how many other NBA teams or any pro sport team for that matter are similarly locked into their current home base residency and exactly what facilitates that arrangement, or you can just go on sounding like a real MORmON, one who believes David Bednar when he says that LDS inc is not a corporation.

Easy question.

Answer: The Green Bay Packers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers
"It is the third-oldest franchise in the NFL, dating back to 1919,[7][8] and is the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team based in the United States.[9]"

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 07:48AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 09:05AM

What it doesn't own:

Me.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 02:35PM

^^^^^ !!!!!

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 06:31PM

I bought a car from a Larry dealership and would do it again . I am treated as a valued customer when I take the car in for repair . I will continue to do business with any company that treats me as a valued coustomer and do not care,one bit if the Miller family is Mormon or not

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 08:08PM

It doesn't own people who leave it or investigators, Mormons are so friendly to those being taught by missionaries!

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 12:16PM

LD$ Inc. operates some of the largest cattle ranches in the Unites States (Utah, Florida and Texas).

Posted by: Surprised ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 02:51PM

I learned embarrassingly recently that the church doesn't own Marriott. And that they hired a Lutheran CEO when the last qualified Marriott family member got too old for the job.

Date: January 19, 2018 03:59PM

It doesn't even own it's name.

The members do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.