Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 07:59PM

more lame, more meaningless, more of a waste of time, energy, resources and life itself than doing MORmON temple work (or anything for that matter), with the intention of saving/redeeming dead people !!!!

I could not come up with anything, which seems to indicate that MORmON temple work is (perhaps) the apex of STUPID!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 08:06PM

I know I'm showing my prejudice, but I'm going to say that agitating for the filing of a class action lawsuit to stop Mormons from dead dunking this or that class of dearly departed is equal to, if not dumber. No one raising that ruckus believes that dead dunking affects the dearly departed, so WTH? And certainly the mormons are neither impressed nor deterred...

Date: January 19, 2018 09:11PM

......or perhaps being very very VERY upset because poor poor POOR Deiter Fuckdork did not get an ever so slightly better deal instead of the ever so slightly worse deal (but still has an obscenely great deal compared to what 99.999 percent of the population has) in the latest LD$ Inc executive leadership /leadershit shuffle among his fellow MORmON ASSpostHOLES because we were hoping that the church would do better ....as we were also hoping it would do worse ....while we thought that it could do better ......as we want it to do better as it also does worse so it destroys itself as quickly as possible ....er something like that

Date: January 19, 2018 08:50PM

OK, what about this: cutting out a cut (as in a flesh wound), in order to try to eliminate the cut (???????)

How about this: Burning down your house, as insurance, to prevent it from being burned down at some time in the future !!!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 09:05PM

About the only thing stupider would be telling friends and family that you learned something new every time you did it.

Date: January 19, 2018 09:13PM

you are on to something there

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 12:08PM

This. OMG my mother says this constantly. I can't even . . .

Posted by: samwitch ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:57AM

Avoiding healthy beverages like green tea based on the WoW (while slugging down Mtn Dew or RedBull, of course).

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 12:12PM

Can't really top how stupid it is to claim going through the temple is spiritual.
However, sitting through the three hour block every week and claiming that is more spiritual than spending the day in a beautiful forest or a red rock canyon must be a close second for stupid.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 06:38PM

Using extortion to allow you to attend your own child's wedding.

Pay us 10 percent, or you can't attend.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 09:16PM

I came to this realization one day as I drove by an overflowing temple parking lot. I had my radio on and the news reporter was saying how the local food bank had reached an all time low. There was not enough food to meet the next week's expected need let alone an emergency situation that could arise. I remember looking at the cars and thinking, "If even the money for the gasoline used to get to the temple were used, instead, to feed the hungry they might actually be doing some good. If the cost of heating/air conditioning, cleaning, maintaining, electrifying, and securing the temple went toward the food bank for just one day, what kind of difference would it make?"

I still cringe at the waste that temple building, maintaining, and attending signifies. At least I now live far enough from a temple that I don't get constantly reminded of this.

Date: January 20, 2018 09:25PM

Pooped Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still cringe at the waste that temple building,
> maintaining, and attending signifies.

you, and several other people, including me

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 01:25AM

Driving from the PNW to Utah in February with a dog in the car to attend a grandkid's baptism into a church you revile (and don't like the kid much, either).

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:38PM

Interesting!

I bet the discussions you had with yourself were fascinating!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 02:47AM

Yes. Discussions I have with myself on I-80 involve a lot of self loathing.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:22PM

Exmormons believing in God, joining another religion and giving their time and money to another false church.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:33PM

Mormons believing they will go to the Celestial Kingdom and be Gods, when they can't even keep basic commandments (Sabbath day), do callings in the church, etc. etc..

On the other hand it is 'stupid' to believe in that crap in the first place.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:40PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.