Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 04:15PM

'LDS Apologia - Defense of Truth'

No frikkin' way I'd join, but here's the rules:

"This group is made for LDS Apologetic's and Defense of LDS Doctrine.

RULE 1) This is not a page for political stuff. Please keep it church theology based.

RULE 2) No swearing will be tolerated. Any comments in violation will be deleted by administration.

RULE 3) If you are pasting something from a third party, supply the source.

While assertions, though crude and ignorant, being made about us as members, and of the Church as a whole, as well as of other faiths. I will give a warning. If that warning is not adhered to, that person will get the boot. The same will be said for anyone, Mormon or not.

We are representatives of Jesus Christ, and having such a title should obligate us to act in a manner as to make Him happy with us.

Tensions will get high, no doubt about that. It is our duty as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to be pro-active in our thinking and defend our Faith without stooping low and be rude back.

Be The Bigger Person.

D&C 4:6 "6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 04:19PM

I see nothing wrong with this! If you believe you believe

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 04:21PM

I'm uncomfortable with representatives of Jesus Christ...

Are they purely on commission, or do they get a base salary?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 04:43PM

I hear the position comes with all the fish and loaves you can eat. Jesus other representatives get the Cabernet from Cana as well, but Mormons just get the 24 oz. orange sodas.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 04:31PM

No swearing.

-Really???

I remember getting rebuked when I uttered gosh darnit in the chapel. We were setting up the sacrament and I had just dropped the water tray. That's when I was told that I had taken the lords name in vain. You see gosh is the same as god as far as my PH leaders were concerned.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 11:23PM

Wonder what they would have thought of J Golden?

Date: January 26, 2018 04:37PM

Seriously. This is a SNL skit. Right?

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 08:10PM

Defense of "truth" or JCR (Jesus Christ's reps). Can't have it both ways.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 02:21AM

claptrap. Most everyone is openly atheist or agnostic. A few are going through the terminal phases of their connection with religion. Most are not even pro- or - anti. They just don't care.

One of my FB friends is totally TBM. Hers is the kind of family the church thrives on. Six kids, homeschooled (bright, and very likely way ahead of their public school peers on several subjects), bright and outgoing kids.

This young woman (late 30's, maybe pushing 40) was part of our local ward before her job too her off to the Pacific Northwest. There, she met just the right guy. He had a kid or two, and they had a nestful together.

I genuinely consider her a friend, and she knows better than to try to bug me about the church. She is a quality person, and I am happy for our friendship.

We respect each other's beliefs, or lack thereof. We have plenty of other material to write about. She has made Mormonism work for her and her family. And I think most of that is on HER amazing adaptive abilities. The church is not overloaded with insight.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 02:52AM

LDS apologies???

I thought Hoax is against apologies!

I believe that puts them at odds with the esteemed (former) state supreme court justice, current Apostle & 1st counselor!

What's this world coming to????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 10:53AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 09:47AM

A 'cognitive dissonance' reinforcement site. Just saying.

Date: January 27, 2018 11:39AM

Exactly. Perfect label.

So long as they are still examining the evidence, they don't have to reach a conclusion.

By now at this point in the examination they must be looking at Joseph Smith's history in reverse, upside down, and in a mirror through binoculars in a smoke filled room in order to see him in a good light.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.