Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Every Member a Janitior ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 05:09PM

Says he fell ill suddenly and died right away. No details.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/elder-von-g-keetch-general-authority-seventy-dies-after-sudden-illness/941390696

According to his Wikipedia bio, he handled sex abuse allegations involving the church for years.

He likely would have faced Kelly Clark, prominent child sex abuse. Plaintiffs attorney multiple times.

Kelly Clark dies at 56 a few years ago after a sudden unexplained illness that doctors could not diagnose.

This came after he got the BSA to disclose its “pervert files” and after pursuing claims of sex abuse against the church.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.oregonlive.com/articles/11841504/portland_attorney_kelly_clark.amp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sometimes reader ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 05:24PM

. . . Michael Clayton, or the Devinci Code.

Or a a movie about the KGB like behavior of the strengthening the membership committee and corporation sole of the office of the president behind the facade of well-meaning and well regarded religious organization struggling with its identify and future as it adapts to global changes, the internet, its troubled past, etc.

Wonder if there is any evidence suggesting that the multi-billion dollar church organization with significant financial resources could/would even entertain this type of stuff.

Interesting.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 05:05AM

Well, look at the Morg's past history. I think that the rabbit hole goes much deeper than we think. I have posed this idea before that possibly the 1st prez and wife are quietly taken out by a shadow committee when they are no longer needed in the system. Anyone else who gets in the way of their agenda would be fair game, too.

The GAs may be only the puppets who have very few decision making privileges. They are kept busy while the committee makes all the calls on real estate, political agendas, etc. Maybe there IS a modern day council of 50.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 05:29PM

That's a tragedy. He leaves a wife and six children.

It's an untimely death. Not unheard of. I've worked with attorneys who died suddenly. There was no foul play. It just happened that way.

Very sad times for his family ahead. :(

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 05:42PM

'He was currently serving as the Executive Director of the Public Affairs Department.'

Once Tommy boy arrived in the after life he realized the church needed better 'public affairs' propaganda up there as the after life was not how he pictured!

Posted by: Just the Facts, Ma’am ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 07:13PM

According to the Church News, he had cancer and surgery in 2015. Death from a subsequent sudden illness may not be such a mystery.

“Just after accepting the call to serve as an Area Seventy in the Fifth Quorum of the Seventy, Elder Keetch was diagnosed with cancer. He underwent chemotherapy and five surgeries. ‘It is hard experiences that teach life lessons about what is important,’he said in 2015.”

https://www.lds.org/church/news/elder-von-g-keetch-dies-at-age-57?lang=eng

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 07:21PM

Just the Facts, Ma’am - Thanks! I love how conversations are self correcting here.

Posted by: vigilant ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 07:45PM

a lot of good for following the Word of Wisdom.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 10:43PM

Sh*t happens.

As for WoW, Utah has one of the best longevity rates in the country by states. That has been attributed to WoW principles by LDS.

It doesn't make up for the high opiate death rate or suicide rate among its population, or for major depression within church ranks.

Still, living a wholesome lifestyle has its merits.

"Utah Life Expectancy
In Utah, life expectancy at birth for males increased from 72.4 years in 1980 to 78.2 years in 2015, and for females from 78.6 to 81.4 years. In comparison, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. rose from 70.0 to 76.4 years for males, and from 77.4 to 81.2 years for females (from 1980 to 2014).Dec 13, 2016"

Life Expectancy at Birth - Utah Department of Health - Utah.gov
https://ibis.health.utah.gov/indicator/complete_profile/LifeExpect.html

Posted by: Vicking ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 12:07AM

The Mormon God must be a big dick. The Keetces and the Pymms are good folks. “Only the good die young” is really a true statement. Defender of the faith, yeah, and a humble, really good guy too. All my best to his sweet wife Bernice. Nice move Mormon God! Take the good ones, leave assholes.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 12:57AM

Why didn’t the 12 just raise him from the dead?

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 01:14AM

was too much for the Lord's treasury.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 04:17AM

When I received my 2nd Anointing I was blessed to live as long as I found life desirable.

Did he want to leave a wife and 6 kids?

Just shows it's a lot of nonsense.

My condolence to his wife and kids. It was unfortunate, the luck of the draw. I am sure he did not want to die.

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 02:33PM

"On Thursday night during a family outing in Pleasant Grove, Elder Keetch began to cough up blood, said his daughter, Steffani Keetch Dastrup. Doctors at American Fork Hospital found that his left lung had collapsed. They sedated and ventilated him, then transferred him to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City, where he died about 9:40 p.m. Friday."

Keetch went out in a bad way. He's a cancer patient. He likely was not monitoring his body well enough. He must have had other symptoms prior to 'coughing up blood' that he likely ignored. Add a violent flu season this year with dangerous viral bacteria and there you have it. He must have noticed that his immune system was not functioning well. Lesson to all - listen to your bodies and take care of them. There is no Gawd out there to do it for you - it's your body, it's your life!

BTW - good to see a post from Tom Phillips - one of my hero's.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900008720/elder-von-g-keetch-lds-church-leader-dies-at-age-57.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.