Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 12:21PM

This is the first "smoking gun" type explation I've seen from a flat earther...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/29/flat-earther-reveals-real-reason-nasa-lying-us-earth-round-7269268/

"One speaker, Rob Skiba, revealed something crucial – exactly why NASA is lying to us about the Earth being a globe. Skiba – a documentary maker behind such classic films as Archon Invasion: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Nephilim – says, ‘The bigger picture many of us have come to believe is hiding God. Is NASA hiding God? ‘To me, that would be the ultimate motivation. Like many Flat Earthers, Skiba believes the Earth is exactly like it is in the Bible – and NASA and their co-conspirators are trying to conceal this fact. Skiba says on YouTube that the Bible is, ‘describing a snow globe basically. When you break down the text of what it represents, there’s no way you can get a spinning heliocentric globe out of anything in the Bible. ‘I have become skeptical of everything. And I think rightfully so.’"

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/29/flat-earther-reveals-real-reason-nasa-lying-us-earth-round-7269268/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

For rational people, here's an explantion of pseudo-science:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hot-thought/201205/what-is-pseudoscience

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 02:38PM

> "....there’s no way you can get a spinning heliocentric globe out of anything in the Bible."

Gee, I wonder why that is? Try reading something a little more current.

> "I have become skeptical of everything. And I think rightfully so."

Except of the flat earth conspiracy.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 03:29PM

If nobody believes you, simply declare a conspiracy. Then you get to split all the skeptics into two groups. Those who are part of the conspiracy, and those too stupid to see the world as clearly as you do.

Problem solved.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 10:01AM

Gee, you'd think an omnipotent god-thing would be able to smite all those nasty NASA god-hiders, and show himself.

Hmph.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 10:30AM

The bible is a flat earth book, so what else is new. Just another RWNJ trying to appeal to ignorant christers.

Date: January 30, 2018 10:35AM

‘Why, if we’re hurtling through space, why would water stay still? Why is it not wobbling?'

So I guess this English cricketeer has never flown in an airplane going 400MPH, with a cup of water on his fold-down tray?

The stupid is strong with these folks.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 03:34PM

Yep, everyone knew the earth was flat until NASA started it's
"globe-earth" propaganda campaign

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 31, 2018 03:17AM

Only one thing can solve this. I have to be shot into space and see it for myself. I think a lot of people would love for me to be shot into space anyways haha.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 31, 2018 09:38AM

We'll strap you to mad mike's rocket, which he claims will launch february 3. It will be like a road runner cartoon.

Date: January 31, 2018 05:56PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We'll strap you to mad mike's rocket, which he
> claims will launch february 3. It will be like a
> road runner cartoon.

Haha yes it will.

Date: January 31, 2018 06:07PM

Just call me wily motherf#ckin coyote from now on haha.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 31, 2018 09:58AM

Then we wonder why a scam started by a con man in the 1800s is still going today...along with hundreds of others...it does seem that many scams are starting to wobble a bit as people refuse to believe in the bull shat of their fore fathers...when alls said and done...who gives a crap if they are hiding gawd...what's he done for anyone lately except cause millions of deaths over hundreds of years...seems odd to even care about such deity...I smell spankins cummin...Warny Jeff's and Joey said so

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: January 31, 2018 05:44PM

Conspiracies that involve thousands of people and no one spills the beans are crazy. My favorite is con trails.

Every plane in America has a drum of bad chemicals hooked into the jet exhaust system. All the 1000's of pilots, mechanics etc., are part of this evil conspiracy, and no one ever tells.

Date: January 31, 2018 05:51PM

perky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My favorite is
> con trails.

Yeah, 'cause it simply COULDN'T be that cold air heated by jet engines cools rapidly at high altitudes and water vapor condenses out of it. That's just stupid :)

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 31, 2018 06:16PM

Although flat earth is pure bunk, I wouldn’t consider the article on pseudoscience to be rational. Too many straw men.

Correlation thinking and theoretical frameworks are a shotgun wedding. Science not being critical of itself is not science.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.