Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 12:40PM

Life long born bred and fed Mormonism. I just read Josh Weed's God-directed divorce post. I'm bisexual. Sometimes I feel like a nut and sometimes I don't. Just don't say "squirrel" around me much. I may be sexual attention deficit disordered.

So, Weed mentioned that him and his honey never had breaking their temple covenants cross their minds thus divorce never crossed their collective minds.

I was confused. Can't you get married in the temple and never have sex? I think Joseph Smith married eternally an older woman (Rhoda?) to whom his rod of Aaron never flowered.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 01:06PM

I think Joseph Smith "married" a couple of women to get at their cash; I'm pretty sure he "adopted" a couple of sisters and took over their considerable money.

Date: January 29, 2018 01:34PM

Yeah, I figured he "eternally married" for other reasons.

As an aside I think many Mormons have no clue. Here is an example of one Mormon counseling a couple to dance instead of doing it and petting a cat as foreplay. Then another says that it is absolutely required to have sex because of physiological changes that happen and there are why premarital sex is bad.

Exhibit A
"Posted November 7, 2012
Why get a divorce? If you are both happy with each other otherwise, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Eternity is a long time, and he can be healed of this one way or another. There are some couples with the polar opposite...lots of physical intimacy and zero true friend intimacy. It is just as unsatisfying I would think.
As for encouraging intimacy in the physical sense, I would like to suggest dancing. Just dancing on the kitchen floor in your socks. Some nice music, no pressure to kiss, just hold hands and sway.
Physical touch is very important to me, so I can understand a lack of happiness because of it.
Also, do you have a pet? It sounds strange, pet if you can pet a cat, you can hold hands, ya know?
Therapy is a very very good idea. Find a good one and let them do their job. The more pressure you put on this, the worse it will get.
You are very patient, some spouses would have done something wildly dramatic by now. Good for you."

Exhibit B
"Posted December 2, 2012
Errrr. Sex IS marriage. Two becoming one flesh.
Our stake pres said that sex is the sacrament of marriage and needs to be regular. It is the glue that binds. There are chemicals that are released in our bodies during sex that actually cause a binding emotion. This is one danger in premarital sex.
If he can't have sex is he satisfying you in other ways? If its been a year you are a better woman than me! See what counseling does, sex counseling I guess should be part of it. But if things don't progress you have some decisions to make."

https://mormonhub.com/forums/topic/45571-unconsummated-marriage/

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 01:15PM

Then they usually use their favorite females for sex after that.

Date: January 29, 2018 01:39PM

I wonder if they got around to consummation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6tXZ0pgoM

Posted by: Nottelling ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 01:55PM

I don't get the cat thing. But I do get the dancing thing. Dancing at least slow dancing can be very romantic and or sensual, and bring people close together simply due to close proximity and or touching one another, and then some nice music can add to the atmosphere...then one thing can lead to another or not, but at least there is some level of intimacy. Intimacy can come in many forms.

Date: January 30, 2018 05:55PM

Nottelling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get the cat thing.

I get the cat thing. Start with a cat and work up to a real one.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 07:43PM

"To die: to sleep:
Nor more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to; ‘tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished."
- -Anonymous?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 07:43PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 07:47PM

That is an interesting question considering all the non-consensual sealings that go on almost daily in the Temples around the world.

People who were never married are sealed to random Temple workers to complete their Temple work. This is spiritual polygamy and even offensive to claim that someones ancestors are now married to a Mormon without their consent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 07:47PM by isthechurchtrue.

Date: January 31, 2018 03:10PM

So true. And to top it off Mormon weddings are verbal contracts beginning with the endowment which is then "sealed" with a spouse to keep one's commitment to a corporation first and then to a spouse.

http://www.mormonthink.com/templelove.htm

Mormon weddings are completely invalid if one or both of the parties isn't "true" to their covenants. I'm not so while I'm lawfully marriage by The State of Utah, I've never really had a wedding (or a honeymoon but that is another story.)

I had a sealing of my covenants followed by a party to celebrate my cohabitation with a legal wife.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.