Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 01:48PM

I know the format has changed a little for the meetings and lessons. I have not done a third hour meeting with the ‘grownups’ in years, and suddenly found myself at one just after the first of the year. The Brethern like the circle jerk so much they want to share it with the rest of the church. All those that will participate in it, please, sit in the circle. The lesson was a verbal masturbation storm all about how awesome the church is. The rest of the world does not even know it because they ignore the Mormon scriptures, was the mindset of the circle jerk participants. Disgusting!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 02:53PM

You should of left to circle K and got yourself a coffee or soda and a paper to read, kick back, until church is over.

Waste of time.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 02:58PM

Did you observe that in a circle most will cross their legs - the same way. When the real leader changes direction most all will follow!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 10:38AM

That's a hilarious true observation. *LOL*

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 11:25AM

My boss has us sit in a circle for faculty meetings. I think she does that to get us off of our devices and to force participation. My guess is that the Mormon church has the same idea.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 05:45PM

Everyone has to heir scriptures and lesson materials on their tablets or phones. They have not thought it through very well if that was the goal.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 06:08PM

This sitting in a circle makes nodding off embarrassing!

I'd have Fire Marshall Bill sweep through and order them to stop with the circles since the chairs form a barricade and make quick exit from the room more difficult!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.