Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 04:21PM

And Salt Lake is the second most toxic county in the country.

From Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/priceonomics/2017/11/07/the-most-and-least-toxic-places-in-america/#3c8967104ac1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 04:43PM

The toxic crap emitting from Temple Square and the COB is tremendous. The truth is, our Utah politicians, that take huge sums from polluting extraction industries, place their "donors" and own personal wealth over their constituents. We have oil refineries two miles from downtown, that use the laxest pollution controls allowed by law. We have Air Quality boards that are intentionally underfunded and staffed by polluting industry minions. Utah government spends millions on ad campaigns telling us that our toxic air is due to us driving, when the truth is they ignore the toxic emissions from the refineries, Kennecott mining and the nation's #1 polluting company, U.S. Magnesium.
The mormons that run our state place money over family every time.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 05:19PM

I don't know how quite the toxins are measured by state.

New York ranks 39th on that list. I know for a fact that the eastern seaboard including NYS has one of the highest pollution rates nationally.

Toxins from the steel industries and chemical plants, and nuclear are here, and have been felt for decades.

Love Canal? Still oozing poison almost 40 years later. That's just one tiny corner of the state.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 11:44PM

This is about toxins being pumped out currently.

Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 08:34PM

I dunno if it's just a rumor but I've heard people say that going for a jog here during the inversion is worse than smoking a pack of cigarettes. Honestly, as crazy as that sounds, I wouldn't doubt it. One more reason I can't wait to get out of here!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.