Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jebus ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 12:46PM

Paternoster has a funny satire on using only Church approved sources in teaching lessons. He gives this link

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/58411/Use-proper-sources.html

This is so hilarious! He didn't make up any of it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 12:53PM

That is funny, particularly when they quote dead GA's. For example here in that article they say:

Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve said that correlation is a process "in which we take all the programs of the Church, bring them to one focal point, wrap them in one package, operate them as one program, involve all members of the Church in the operation — and do it all under priesthood direction" ("Lesson 42: Continuing Revelation to Latter-day Prophets," Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual, 243).

Now, we all know that the morg totally debunked his master work "Mormon Doctrine" as being wrong, so why in hell would they use him as a source to bolster their claims about how important it is to use the prescribed manual?

Such is the bullshit they promulgate in the morg.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:08PM

That almost reads like satire. How funny.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:11PM

Yeah, I had to keep glancing at the url to make sure I was reading official pro-LDS material. And to think most TBMs don't have any problem with being intellectually controlled in their research in this manner.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:24PM

5 minutes. It only takes 5 minutes to get through one of those lessons and thats WITH CLASS PARTICIPATION!!! Then you have to spend the rest of the meeting staring at each other or wandering the halls waiting for Primary to get out so you can go home.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:44PM

You know, I almost retched when I read that little "inspired church committee" sentence.

I know personally a man who wrote these manuals. They are written, rewritten, edited a thousand times by various individuals--all of whom think they are inspired and so can change what the other inspired men (men even write the Relief Society manual) wrote.

When will we reach the point of absolute revolt against this tyranny? [I feel the need for revolution!]

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:45PM

Paternoster is my hero! Sorry just had to throw that out there, he needs daily praise. ;)

Posted by: happy&free ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:11PM

When I was Primary President, the Stake PP told us that we weren't to sing nursery rhymes in primary, including nursery (kids ages 18 months to 3 years) because they weren't in the Children's Songbook.

I totally ignored her and sang nursery rhymes with the toddlers whenever I went in there.

Of course, I am now an "apostate"...

Posted by: jebus ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:12PM

I agree...Let's start a write in campaign..... Paternoster for Prophet.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:45PM

Paternoster doesn't need to make stuff up to be funny. Why bother when Mormonism is your source of material. He's merely pointing out the ridiculous in the religion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.