Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:02AM

In this era of women 'coming out' ... My eyes are still drawn to women with (approximate) hour-glass figures...

I haven't & won't abuse women (anyone), but when I see a gal nice or great figure, my mind goes on Tilt...

Am I EVIL?
(matters = ?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2018 01:41AM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:48AM

Just remember.... Evil, spelled backwards is "LIVE".

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:49AM

I was given to understand that Nature wants 89.8% of males to be attracted to women whom they will desire to fertilize.

Lord knows I've tried to fight it....

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:23AM

oh its the monkey mind! minding the genetic reproducing dna scattering random animal acting. uh EVIL? eh? you know, but we can talk!

OH YEAH, YOU'RE NOT EVIL. ITS A NATURAL HUMAN NEED.

What seems to be concerning is social setting for self expressing out of brothels or bars, expressing this primal need in the work place seems conflicting.

I don't know if it was like this in the middle ages, but have a thought given the history of King Henry's court. and have a thought given what a peasant or servant or lady in waiting or even wife of a noble near a king might have dealt with...

Things is there's no totally clear understood is there. Like obviously flirt at a bar? but , uh, not with your bosses or uh worker's wife (unless they're in an open marriage?) like eh? There's like this giant code.

EVIL? monkey mind gonadal hormonal dna replicater human primate flow but not EVIL just eh like alive, possibly human. eh hm. yeeah.

Utilizing bar flirt behavior obstacling co workers' capacity to effectively complete tasks or work, is pretty dark, um, because co workers need earnings to pay housing food healthcare and not be un homed. So to the degree that flirting or asserting this to a co worker or hired employee - it makes an obstacle to the employee or co worker being housed or fed when they can't effectively engage in work tasks during a barrage or obstacle created by someone flirting or asserting bar flirt conduct ... getting a co worker sexual by coercion based on their need to earn housing and food, OR getting a co worker obstacled by making communicating obstacles bar flirt conduct aimed at them near them making it a stress filled place they can't engage their work tasks effectively, making them unhoused or without food- that's, a problem.

HAving an awareness a self awareness of your hormonal gonadally driven mindfulness is adult. Self awareness is a privelige. Self awareness of one's needs or wants is like luxury tour in a world of poverty fear and survival. I don't think its evil to be aware.

What may be EVIL is the corporate marketing celebrated by TSCC which mixes shame with a human need. and what may be is the corporate messaging informing members their social emotional financial blessed earthly survival eternal existence will not be positive if they acknowledge or act on their physical needs, which the cult negated. Thus apparently, human sexuality exists, and, the cult, utilized the negating or negative program Like a minus in a math problem? placing restriction over a basic human need, regulating it if not out of existence but into an impossibly tight spot of tiny proximity to reality and forcing members to grapple constantly with their humanity, equating a biological drive with "a no go there command." I guess its a control measure utilized by the cult. I don't know how common it is, in religion or culture.

This lack of awareness and shame problem is a practical paradox that's apparently part of Mormon dogma or cult programming. Males are promised sex for eternity in many forms via eternal polygamy? but not now. And during The 1850s they might have had to get permission for a plural wife? and even then, their wife might become the spiritual wife with physical priveliges to the prophet (CULT) lol But, its a cult. Apparrently its always been a cult, a kind of homely raoucous cult historically very boring lately for the men at least that stayed in. so, yeah, according to them, sex is a sin (and there's a big list of when ) and little list of when its not a sin. That makes LDS sex a big deal and on a lot of people's men's mind, a lot of the time.

I am not sure if its always on the mind of someone who doesn't think its a sin. And uh, its just hormonal. Hormonally driven thought. Blame the gonads. ( I was gonna say blame god but some of you don't believe in that) its just physical but I still believe- its triggered by paradoxical programming so many don'ts stops baaaaad connected with early childhood Mormon sunday school primary bishops interviews macro focus where bishops ask children who touched what, when, with who, weekly or monthly for years. How would I know what that does to active Mormon minds or what they actually think of and try to hide all the time.

Can we set up a scientific study surveying or interviewing non Mormon raised and Mormon raised and find out how incidents of Mormon programming triggers stress, vulnerability, guilt, shame, worry, anxiety instead of JOY ? The joy that was meant to be (I think that's a line of a song)

in the face of their own humanity or a simple human need. Make a list of what you bishop said to you in a teen aged interview or what you thought after your first friend went to a bishop's court. I rest my case. Mormonism: its a mind ____.

uh hopefully I haven't offended the whole world. WHY EVER would a authorized organization from the creator of the universe utilize a basic human drive procreative neurological process based need as a control mechanism over the humans? god is love right? how is that, (arrow pointing ) god love? I'm so confused, why would a god that is love tie their little people in knots? Why would a god that is love disable their folks? why would a god that is love dis empower? Why would god shame? Why would god shame a human need? would god shame the need to breath? would god shame the need to sleep (oh forgot the Mormon god does that, schedule early morning meetings for teens & triple schedule ward buildings)

GAME over little Mormon god. GAME OVER> you are a bad controlling little Mormon god. Your instructional manual written by miserly mortals including bishops procedural handbook binder, supports shaming of basic human needs in an institutionalized procedure which damages human beings. SHAME on you little Mormon god ! _and that includes typists data processors speech writers admin assistants writing agendas and running staff meetings for current profits, business operation managers organizing the church presidency. SHAME I will never, respect you, again (I'll have to find another god to date that's worthy enough of me) Its like hurling a yoyo on a string then blaming the yoyo for running up and down the string then flying in a circle. Blame the yoyo.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:24AM

What is an "appropriate" hourglass figure?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:42AM

I meant APPROXIMATELY

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:48AM

Oh, okay. That makes more sense!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:32AM

Yes, there should be an attraction but tilt is probably a little overboard. I am just messing i have no idea.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 02:10AM

Who doesn't like a beautiful or shapely woman? An ugly, unshapely woman? How would I know? I am neither of these.

My eyes (behold her) do what they want and so does my heart (for it's part). They sometimes act in unison and sometimes against each other.

It's like noticing a tall tree, a great painting, or a lovely body of water. It's attractive. Nothing wrong with that!

M@t

Posted by: Non-believer ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:44PM

Except that trees, great paintings anx bodies of water are not human beings, yeah, *just like that*.

Sheesh.

Is it possible that to think that comparing female humans to non-human objects is an appropriate comfort, could be an inappropriate, ages-old indoctrination, perhaps even biblical, in its "acceptable" codification?

(that was a mouthful)

Evil? No. Indoctrinated? Yes. Hard wired? Perhaps. Compare the depth and pervasiveness to other indoctrinations.

Not picking on you, but seeking reality.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 05:54AM

Just try to control the drool. lol

Posted by: Nottelling ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:28PM

What about us less/or more than hourglass figure shapes, we are neglected, now that is evil!!

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:41PM

If that makes you evil, you're probably not the only evil doer out there.

Yesterday, while leaving a store, I was walking behind two fairly tall, fairly good-looking guys. I noticed that as they went by, people (both women and men) were eyeing them up and down, front and back.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:42PM

I like(d) to be noticed. Mormonism taught us that we aren't supposed to show desire or whatever. Knowing that my nonmormon boyfriend, when I dated him when I was 20, desired me, got me through a lot of years of not being desired by my husband. It made a huge difference in my ability to heal KNOWING that someone desired me.

Even now, overweight and old, I had a guy "hit on me" the other day. I was so shocked. Nice guy, too. I used to know him back when I was 20 also. What an ego boost!

It is how far you carry it that counts. But to stop looking? I don't even think your mind going on tilt is a problem. It is what you do with it.

And really, ask my boyfriend (he is my boyfriend now, too). It was amazing to finally be able to be a female again when I got back with him after feeling like less than an it while with my "ex."

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 03:53PM

Fortunately, infidelity has never been a problem for us. We are devoted to each other.

But as I have explained to him, window-shopping is not the same as buying.

This issue came to light back when Russell Crowe's movie "Gladiator" was out in theatrical release (and of course, I had to buy it in DVD later.) I think that Russell Crowe (in his "Gladiator" incarnation, anyway) is absolutely delicious. DH was rather shocked that I said so.

I said, "Look, Sweetheart, it's not like Russell is likely to show up on our doorstep, is it? Besides, I think he was born when I was in high school. He is absolutely NO threat to our relationship. He's just eye-candy. Nothing more than a nice painting I might lust after at the local gallery." (And probably couldn't afford.)

This was a complete revelation to my DH. His prior experience had been that when a female partner looked at another guy with "lust," she abandoned him and went after the other guy.

I've explained, "Sorry, Sweetie, but you are stuck with me." I told him that an artist friend of mine has this beautiful painting for sale, of a back street in Venice, that I would LOVE to have, but it costs $2300, (though my friend offered it to me for $2,000 - kind, but still beyond our pension level.)

There is a huge difference between admiring something that you know you can't have, and actually conniving to have it. Some of us are wired to stick with what is ours already.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 10:55PM

HuMAN Nature

Non-believer: I wasn't making comparisons [sheesh] as much as speaking of beauty... and pointing out that it is in the eye of the beholder. We can take it as we wish. Do with it what we may.

I like playing pinball... though the tilt function is too high strung on some models. Most models (and some instruments) are too high strung. I don't like models, unless I put them together from scratch.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.