Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: invinoveritas ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 12:22AM

Stupid is as stupid does.

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” Galileo Galilei

(Who by the way, spent the last years of his life under arrest by the Catholic Church for heresy---when in truth everyone today knows that the earth is not stationary, nor the center of the universe, and the earth revolves around the sun.)

And I offer, of course, to those who believe in a flat earth, that the Twin Trade Towers bombing in NY was a U.S. government plot, along with the fake Apollo Moon landings, and Hitler lived a full life in the Brazilian jungle, and vaccination does no good but is the leading cause of autism, and aliens from space are the real reason for the great accomplishments for 9 out of 10 great achievements of early human civilization, and that Joseph Smith translated the non-existent golden plates from “Reformed Egyptian” into very bad “King James English”, and Joseph Smith was “Authorized” by God Himself to establish the one and only True Church in the whole world, and that I myself am going to Hell because I sport a full beard, drink coffee, like my beer, and was screwed, blued, and tattooed at a very early age----SCREW YOU! My good will, patience, and social etiquette has long expired.

(Four years, US Navy enlisted, way different than being an Amway Salesman with a twist, selling a product that just doesn’t fly in the real world and getting doors slammed in my face.) Just Saying!

Come on! Don’t surround yourself with yourself, take two steps back and take a look. THINK!

Stupidity, superstition, and ignorance are not virtues, they are simply stupid, superstition, and ignorance.

Polygamy was ordained by God! (Unless of course as a teenager of 16 you are the 19th wife, or at age 14 the 27th wife).

There have been 16 Prophets of the Mormon Church, (well 17 now), and the first 7 were Polygamists.

Oh yeah. Oh yeah!

Slavery was ordained by God. (Unless of course you are the slave).

Give me break. In the annals of History, some folks are going down.

Just Saying!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 12:31AM

Okay, we'll give you a break. Happy?

Now, give us all a break from this old, tired rant.

Posted by: invinoveritas ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 12:48AM

Carameldreams ():

Absolutely right. I am old. I am tired. And my post was a rant.

If you only had the day I had today, with these Utah Mormons I work with! Gun toting conspiracy brethren of the Melchezideck Brotherhood. Life elevated--My Ass.

The reality is I do indeed need a "break".

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 01:56AM

I liked your rant. I did want to hear more about the space aliens.
:)

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 04:12PM

It was a very good rant, as rants go.

Everybody needs to have a grand rant and get all this

crap off their chest.

Go for it my friend. Rant away.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 02:44AM

Sometimes you just need to get it out.
Can't blame you! Trying to stay sane while living in a bowl full of goldfish must be challenging.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 02:59AM

I enjoyed your rant. Thank you.

I agree with you! 99.9% of the world agrees with you. Hang in there.

I've resigned myself to being satisfied that the family members I love, and my closest friends know the Truth. I would love to save the rest of the Mormons, but these non-and ex-Mormons are the people who mean the most to me.

Do what you can, and begin with the people who matter the most to you. Thank goodness you can leave work every day, and go home, or go out and do what you want. I believe we need only a handful of people to be close to, and not a whole cult, like the Mormons would have us believe. No one needs a cult.

We don't need prophesies about how many piercings we should have in one ear, or if it is or isn't OK to drink Pepsi. We don't need polygamy and other sexism, racism, boredom, weird underwear, death threats, seer stones, golden plates, idiotic scriptures, and all those lies.

When I get into a rant mode, like yours, I don't care what Mormons I offend--they deserve it, for lying to me, stealing our money, and, especially, for abusing my children.

Good riddance to the Mormon cult.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 11:10AM

Well sure, invinoveritas, when you put it like that Mormonism sounds stupid. Although actually, is there any way at all to put Mormonism where it doesn't sound stupid?

Liked your rant. It is a very good thing for lurkers to read.

The more the Information Age bites Mormons in the butt, the more they double down on the crazy, petty, negative, and down right mean. So nice to be here with the ones who had the guts to just embrace facts and reason and quit with the nutty, desperate, and dangerous need to hang onto their supposed superiority. "We're the only ones going to heaven. God likes us best because we don't drink coffee. Na na na nu na-na!"

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 11:20AM

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 11:27AM

I read this earlier this morning and have since been wondering, is it really a rant if it's true? Doesn't that just make it a statement of facts?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 04:34PM

Rants such as yours are good for newbies. It may be brand new information to them.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 10:02PM

One rant at a time is good for this forum. From this time forward, until all 5 million rants erupt from the current believers, let's keep encouraging one rant at a time.

Now I must leave with my buddy to Stephen Avenue in Downtown Calgary for a rant. And a few drinks. Any exmormons here in cowtown can contact me using my handle @hotmail.com. Cheers.

Kevin

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 10:20PM

I enjoyed the so called rant also. I’m sick of hearing how the Pentagon attack was an inside job . I also like hearing silly UFO “ sightings “ that all happen to be near military bases.
I know when the stealth first came out, UFOs were everywhere.
My father and now husband talk about the exact same stuff and viewpoint as he. They were both military also.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.