Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GoingHome ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 04:29PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 04:59PM

There is no 2-hour block.

Seriously, this rumor is resurrected every year, it seems. This year, TSCC has instituted a new curriculum for that third hour, not-at-all-pretentiously named "Come Follow Me."

Date: February 10, 2018 05:12PM

to be true.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 09:56PM

There were so many times growing up when I heard church leaders and members brag about how long church was! Looking down on all those other heathens who only went to church for an hour, of course. Don't expect them to relinquish that opportunity to gloat anytime soon, or TSCC to stop usurping members' Sunday schedules.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 06:07PM

I have! I HAVE!!! It happened when I decided that I would never go to MORmON priestDUD meeting again, because it simply is NOT worth it. Laying in bed relaxing /doing NOTHING is infinitely more worthwhile than going to MORmON priestDUD meeting. (it is the priestDUD because it does NOT do anything!!!!) That makes for a 2 hour meeting block !!!

From there I applied the same rational to MORmON sunday school which is really a lot like co-ed priestDUD meeting. That makes for a 1 hour meeting block!!!

I was still attending MORmON Sackermint meeting. A member of the bishoprick got testy about me not attending PriestDUD meeting and SS during a temple recommend interview. he said that it was a problem. I told him that I was going to fix that problem. ENTER THE ZERO HOUR MEETING BLOCK !!!

Sure, it has to be implemented on a personal basis, however on a personal basis the end result is very much effective.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 09:35PM

you took back your power.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 12:34AM

Take your pick, one where the clerk counts U as 'present' if U please.

Other options include chat with other refugees in the foyer (excuses sometimes helpful)

Probably NOT AN OPTION for members of the bishop prick, S. presidency, clerks, etc., lord Knows they MUST APPEAR IMPORTANT-BUSY!

try to avoid the bathrooms!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 12:37AM by GNPE.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 01:00AM

Yes, there are a few places that have it. When I worked in China, the small branch I attended had a two hour block. And for several years after I moved to Europe, my branch there had a two hour block. PH/RS and SS would alternate each week after Sacrament meeting.

My branch presently does a 2.5 hour block, with a 40 minute SS and 40 minute PH/RS, with ten minute break between them.

Date: February 11, 2018 01:20PM

There were only 27 people attending SS class today.

Ha! If they continue to offend more people, there won't be anyone left in the building.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 01:22PM

Way back in the 1600s sermons would last for three hours!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.